firstblood
Scrunch
Admin
28 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

2017 Broadcasting Empty 2017 Broadcasting

Post by Admin Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Does anyone have up-to-date information on the broadcast arrangements for 2017?

Tv on 7, but will there be streaming and which stations will be broadcasting?

Big Phil? Anyone?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2017 Broadcasting Empty Re: 2017 Broadcasting

Post by bayman Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:40 pm

i reckon i heard about 3 games on lifefm & obviously none on 5rph last year, they can talk about getting modern & listening through the internet but for me & people older than me that always took the radio with them to the footy & listened as they watched, the 'updated' thinking doesn't work too big numbers imho, so if the sanfl is happy i'll do the broadcasts via morse code & smoke signals if they like so us older ones can listen to more traditional broadcasts
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:53 pm

From what I am hearing, there is a strong possibility there will be no radio broadcasting of SANFL games in 2017.

There will be the weekly game on Channel 7 and then the remaining 4 games may be video steamed either on the SANFL website or even possibly via an online subscription, through your club like being done with the women's footy.

Will hopefully know more on it in the next week or so, however.

Last edited by Big Phil on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:07 pm

absolute joke, the sanfl have made more error of judgements in the last 3 or 4 years than the previous 20+ years before that ........if anyone barring work, living deep in the country or illness is interested in paying for streaming surely they would just go to the game..i could imagine streaming could or would break down or freeze etc
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:37 am

I'd be surprised if the SANFL actually charged for the stream (no, wait, I wouldn't, this is the SANFL we're talking about here right).

Other competitions stream their matches with minimal difficulties.  Heck several churches live stream their meetings.

There are a number of benefits to streaming.  First, ex-pats and non-SA SANFL, or footy fans, (interstate or overseas) would be able to watch their team from afar, or SANFL matches from afar.  Second, it could actually attract younger fans to the game.  If the streams are promoted via social media, people could watch it, enjoy it, and then start attending matches.  That would be a good thing right?

If Life FM were to cease doing SANFL matches, could clubs follow the Box Hill path and arrange their own deals with local broadcasters (for example, Centrals and PBA-FM do a deal for PBA to do all of Centrals matches).  Probably too late to organise this season but some food for thought for future seasons.

Last edited by Brucetiki on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:38 am

Surely radio would still be the easiest and reasonably cost effective of mediums to reach the most people.

Sure we have internet on our phones, but that is mostly for visual content. Not always convenient if you're doing something else.

Is running the competition for maximum benefit of fans and supporters is just too inconvenient these days?

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:46 am

bayman wrote:absolute joke, the sanfl have made more error of judgements in the last 3 or 4 years than the previous 20+ years before that ........if anyone barring work, living deep in the country or illness  is interested in paying for streaming surely they would just go to the game..i could imagine streaming could or would break down or freeze etc

Sadly, I dont think it's error of judgement, more that they've just given up on trying to keep the competition relevant to more people. Either way it sucks.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:47 am

bayman wrote:so if the sanfl is happy i'll do the broadcasts via morse code & smoke signals if they like so us older ones can listen to more traditional broadcasts

Can you send the race results through to like the good old days? Very Happy
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:26 pm

Scrunch wrote:
bayman wrote:so if the sanfl is happy i'll do the broadcasts via morse code & smoke signals if they like so us older ones can listen to more traditional broadcasts

done Very Happy
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Surely radio would still be the easiest and reasonably cost effective...

You'd be surprised at the costs involved for ISDN lines to be installed, maintained and repaired for radio coverage.

I think there is a pretty significant cost reduction with video streaming, hence why I think that's the way it is going.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:07 pm

Big Phil is part of the SANFL's coverage so he's going to defend it regardless of his personal views on how **** house it is going to be. Streaming will work really well for the bloke on his way from Port Augusta to Orroroo who wants to listen to the North v West game.

Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:31 pm

And on the flip side Big Phil (& other commentators for that matter) should not be the target of peoples displeasure re any changes to broadcasting arrangements.

Just for the record Life FM's proposal for 2017 was to broadcast it's games wirelessly (ie without ISDN lines) as it has done for interstate games.

PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:31 pm

Booney wrote:Big Phil is part of the SANFL's coverage so he's going to defend it regardless of his personal views on how **** house it is going to be. Streaming will work really well for the bloke on his way from Port Augusta to Orroroo who wants to listen to the North v West game.

i'm sure one of the local Whyalla radio stations would broadcast the North Whyalla Magpies v West Whyalla Dragons game of the day Very Happy
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:31 pm

Announcement here about broadcasting.

http://sanfl.com.au/2017-sanfl-maccas-league-digital-pass/

Ch 7 does one game, all other games live video streamed with commentary via SANFL site for a small subscription fee if you're a club member. Radio commentary of every game via SANFL site also. I love the idea of every game being video streamed. Sign me up.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:39 pm

In short, if you want video streaming of each match of the season, it will cost you around $600.

In comparison, my NHL Game Centre pass, offering access to every NHL game is around the $150 mark.

It is very expensive for what it offers in comparison to similar digital passes for other sports.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:10 pm

so the game for the people by the people is now a pay tv entity Rolling Eyes & i'll add i do not have a credit card so if i did want to buy a match to watch live because of illness or whatever, i ask how the hell would i pay ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Scrunch wrote:

a friend of mine who works at the SANFL & knows my thoughts sent me a text today after reading this thread today & i was told i may use morse code but i can't use smoke signals as all SANFL grounds a smoke free venues......i had to pay that one
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Signed up for mine today.

But I would absolutely love to see radio coverage return (and not just streamed through the app). The community rallied behind keeping the SANFL on ABCTV years ago but the radio coverage has been allowed to slip away into the night as though it was irrelevant. Which it absolutely isn't.
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:33 pm

Not everyone has the speed for live streaming through their Internet.. or has the pc knowledge on how to do it.
firstblood
firstblood

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:27 pm

Brucetiki wrote:In short, if you want video streaming of each match of the season, it will cost you around $600.

In comparison, my NHL Game Centre pass, offering access to every NHL game is around the $150 mark.

It is very expensive for what it offers in comparison to similar digital passes for other sports.
I'm led to believe it is $30.00 for the season after reading snouts, I presume that's $30.00 per club, even I'll admit that is affordable to most households
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:46 pm

bayman wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:In short, if you want video streaming of each match of the season, it will cost you around $600.

I'm led to believe it is $30.00 for the season after reading snouts, I presume that's $30.00 per club, even I'll admit that is affordable to most households

$30.00 per season for your team only if you are a club member. $80.00 per team for non-members.

Great for watching your team, not so good for matches you want to watch as a neutral.

There should be an upgrade option to watch all matches.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:02 am

Ok, agree with your last paragraph 100%, the 50/50 deciders about going when we have inclement weather will all stay home, which makes me think that this may hinder crowds in the overall scheme of things, by the end of the decade we'll be down to Shield cricket crowds, most people have a team but nobody goes to watch & support
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:34 pm

O.M.G, So if you are a club member, for only 30 bucks you can see your team live for the
whole year !

Surely anyone can afford that, that's got to be deal of the year scratch
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:26 pm

Will that sort of deal keep people away from paying to attend games?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:14 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Will that sort of deal keep people away from paying to attend games?

Probably will keep people away, but it sure helps with people that cant go etc, or simply don't wanna go anymore

Maybe they have made it to cheap 2017 Broadcasting 1344700888
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next