firstblood
12 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The trots at Globe Derby - Page 11 Empty Re: The trots at Globe Derby

Post by bayman Tue May 22, 2018 6:02 pm

The first race this Saturday NIGHT starts at 4.46pm Shocked Rolling Eyes

the last of 7 races is at 8.02pm

i know the times allocated are done by sky racing but this is a joke, personally i doubt i would even get to the car by then when leaving Unley Oval

how can the paceway restaurant survive if the meeting is all but finished when you start eating ?

Scrappy might still go because Norwood are on Friday night but i'll go back to the footy club for a change & spend my money there instead of on the punt
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:16 pm

Well here you go, the South Australian cup will now be run in February & the prize money has changed, changes down to $60,000 I think the 3 stooges said on the harness show the other morning

I suppose if your broke & cutting costs everywhere then this is just another option to cut costs
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by fatty Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:02 pm

just shut the **** show down, harness racing in this state is irrellevant
fatty
fatty

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:36 pm

fatty wrote:just shut the **** show down, harness racing in this state is irrellevant

But it’s the only place I consistently win at
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:09 pm

more cuts i heard of last night Ben Harding & Graham Fisher

Ben was doing an outstanding job with the trotsguide section on the website with his form analyst, race maps & overall tipping

Graham was writing great online articles & taking great photos at the track as well, they are going to use Paul Courts (harness racing weekly) who has done articles over the last couple of years or so but is based interstate

i believe there are more heads to roll as they try to save $400,000.00 per year
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by fatty Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:24 pm

is that fish from tab radio days?
fatty
fatty

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:50 pm

fatty wrote:is that fish from tab radio days?

probably, he worked for the Advertiser for a long time & fish is his nickname

Also we were informed on Saturday night that the Jubilee room will be closed & everyone is welcomed upstairs (paceway restaurant) & to cut more costs they'll be putting on their own staff in the next few weeks for tab betting & making instead of 2.5 % of turnover it'll be 10%, we were informed of this by a former Central player in Bill Cochrane, he's a nice guy
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by fatty Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:52 pm

jezza kicked 10 in a state match in 1973 against SA and i reckon his brother richard was our fullback
fatty
fatty

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:01 pm

The trial period of 6 weeks of racing on Sunday rather than Friday nights has finished & this Friday nights meeting scheduled for Globe Derby has been scrapped, I doubt there will be trotting in this state in the next 5-10 years
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:23 pm

Is the new caller at Globe related to Kenny Calendar???
Ive heard him call some Dog races and he doesn't even call the whole field.

Its shocking to listen to on the radio...
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:35 pm

So a tipster in todays Advertiser tipped a roughy.
It won

$1.10

Honestly....thats just taking the mickey isnt it??
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:33 pm

Are the trots more doomed than anyone is actually admitting?

Mondays meeting has been scrapped because of a lack of nominations etc
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:33 pm

The Greyhounds are always Extending and Re- Extending Noms. But thats mainly due to lack of numbers, stemming back to proposed NSW ban.

Not sure about the trots?
Where are the horses?
Is there a lack of numbers?
Is it better for trainers to travel to the border, Mildura? Etc
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:47 pm

I know one of the well known trainers is moving to Mildura as soon as the builders have finished up there.......Anthony Robinson
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:21 pm

8 races Saturday night[3/11] with 97 nominations
4 trials Sunday[4/11] with 31 nominations
Mondays meeting[5/11] has been scrapped due to a lack of nominations
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:10 pm

Had mentioned it earlier, but to ease your mind with some that trial they can be qualifying for a stand, qualifying to get back in the draw with either stand or mobile starts & some for added fitness before heading to the track after a spell plus other reasons but they are the main reasons
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by fatty Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:30 pm

just saw that the interdom grand final is on tonight, used to be huge...........used to be, plenty of prize money but nobody cares
fatty
fatty

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:25 pm

Just got back to the motel from it, good crowd but not as many as I would have thought, the reason it lost its appeal is that the inter dominion was the flagship/pinnacle of harness racing, the Victorians were the first to upset the apple cart by making other races like the Victoria cup, Hunter cup part of the inter, that Stamp ruined it....then they have had seeded races where basically all the favoured runners get through, this year it went back to how it was & was a much better series & less short price favs....was happy to run into iamthewarrior at Melton where I was convinced that the tiger would end up in front & be hard to catch & got the choccies

4 bookies there & with respect there was one bookie I could not have a bet with

His name is Byrne Bet.....not joking either
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:14 am

Carnage race 4 at Globe Derby Saturday night, it happened almost in front of me and it was one shocking crash, looked worse live. Watch the horse running 4th. 3 horses remained motionless laying on the track after the crash, 2 drivers were in serious trouble. All horses came up ok at the end. I know one driver broke a leg, another had facial injuries and a broken wrist.
firstblood
firstblood

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:06 am

The latter driver Paul Cavallaro also has broken ribs

I thought it was disgraceful that neither the course commentator Jimmy Jacques or the MC Lachlan Stace didn’t ask for the crowd to leave the track & let the professionals do their job, I know the latter was text to do so but ignored the text, I understand family & friends were concerned for their loved ones but they should have firstly not run out & secondly should have been told to leave, albeit the clerk of the course asked people to leave the track but that direction wasn’t adhered too

The whole scene looked unprofessional, thankfully every horse only sustained superficial scratches

What happened is the horse I’m sure Blake chocked down & veered inwards then outwards & the latter was the huge problem
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:41 am

Not going tonight, I can’t trust them to have the aircon on & keep it on, because if one person complains it’s too cold they just turn it off
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:27 pm

Don’t be surprised if there’s a dual meeting at Morphettville coming up
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:06 pm

Media Release from Chief Executive Officer
29 March 2019 | HRSA Media
Logo

HRSA Organisational Review

Harness Racing SA (HRSA) has announced an organisational restructure following an internal review of its operations. An outcome of the review is the retrenchment of the position of Finance Manager, with Mr Oliver Bott being made redundant- effective today.

Oliver has been with HRSA in excess of eight years and during his time has contributed positively to the organisation and to the harness racing industry as a whole.

We wish Oliver all the best for the future.

For further information please contact:

ROSS NEAL | CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

(08) 8285 0700 • rneal@saharness.org.au
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:07 pm

Media Release - Important Notice to SA Harness Racing Industry
29 March 2019 | the offices of the Chief Executive Officer
Logo

The Board of Harness Racing SA (HRSA) has today advised the Committee of the South Australian Harness Racing Club (SAHRC), the principal club responsible for racing at Globe Derby Park, that it had lost confidence in the SAHRC Committee’s ability to properly oversee and administer the affairs of the club and harness racing at the states premier track.

In consequence, HRSA has requested that the current SAHRC Committee resign, to be replaced by a new interim Committee to HRSA’s satisfaction. In the event that the current Committee refuse to resign by the close of business on Friday 5th April 2019, HRSA will suspend racing at the venue indefinitely, effective Tuesday 9th April 2019.

The HRSA Board are particularly concerned with the direction being pursued by the SAHRC Committee over recent times through, firstly, their utilisation of HRSA’s contributions (race and meeting fees) to prop up a failing hospitality operation, being their bars and restaurant. And secondly by their promotion of the sale of the majority of club owned land to fund a highly speculative tavern venture which is proposed for club land adjacent to Port Wakefield Road.

Conversely HRSA believe the proper, and more appropriate, way for monies to be spent is that they should be applied for the general betterment of harness racing’s participants, namely breeders, owners, trainers and drivers. This should be by way of stake money and improvements to both the race and training tracks.

HRSA also hold significant concerns regarding the formidable operating losses reported by the club over the past decade. These total in excess of $5.5M in the period 2009 – 2018, however, even more concerning is that in the past three years alone the losses incurred exceed $2.2M. Last season the club reported an operating loss of in excess of $890,000.

The escalation in the losses recorded has now reached alarmingly and unacceptable levels and they must be contained.

These losses exclude the annual HRSA contribution which is in excess of $400,000 pa. Therefore, when the HRSA contributions are factored the industry losses for each of the past four years exceed $1M.

While HRSA has attempted to engage with SAHRC management over recent years, particularly with respect to an improved governance and cost structure through implementation of the `Cunningham Report’, these attempts have proved frustrating and ultimately futile. It is worth noting that the key recommendation of the report was “The Harness Racing industry accepts, and as an immediate priority, works towards achieving the optimal governance arrangement for the future for Harness Racing in SA which is to have one governing and racing body and that body is HRSA”

HRSA has now reached the point where it must intervene and arrest the distressing level of financial poor performance and protect the SA harness racing industry from further harm.

It is HRSA’s clear view that in order to move forward there should be one body which oversees harness racing at Globe Derby Park and that this be created through HRSA and SAHRC merging as recommended in the Cunningham Report. Given the rejection of this concept by the SAHRC Committee, it is appropriate that they resign and allow HRSA and the new interim Committee to work on a merger proposal for the betterment of all stakeholders in the SA harness racing industry.

It is also HRSA’s steadfast view that the monies currently utilised by the SAHRC Committee to subsidise an unprofitable bar and catering operation be directly applied for the benefit of the industry and its participants through increased stakes and updated racing and training tracks.

HRSA understands that the measures announced today will cause disruption and disappointment to some, however the situation of substantive and escalating losses cannot continue and changes must be enacted to arrest the very unsatisfactory performance of the SAHRC Committee.

(08) 8285 0723 • rneal@saharness.org.au

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:58 pm

with both parties still at a stand still, this Saturday nights meeting is now a 6 race program at Strathalbyn on Friday afternoon which includes a 1305 metre back up race.......

HomeMedia RoomNews Article
MEDIA RELEASE Update From HRSA
09 April 2019 | the offices of the Chief Executive Officer
Logo

The HRSA Board wishes to reaffirm that it remains resolute in its drive to seek the resignations of the SAHRC Committee.

Unfortunately, over time, the Board has lost confidence in the ability of the SAHRC Committee to properly oversee and administer the affairs of the club and harness racing at the State’s premier track.

The HRSA Board reiterates its determination that for harness racing to prosper in South Australia the principal club must be vibrant, however the SAHRC Committee has failed to demonstrate that it has any viable or feasible plans to arrest the escalating financial losses being incurred. The realities being that club’s fortunes under the current Committee have continued to decline and its financial performance significantly deteriorate.

With regard to financial performance the HRSA Board are mindful of comments made relating to the extent of financial support being afforded to the SAHRC club and in particular fees paid to SAHRC for the conduct of race meetings at Globe Derby Park. Therefore, HRSA confirms that the payments made to SAHRC for the conduct of race meetings in the year ended 30th June 2018 (excluding stake monies which are paid by HRSA) were $462,858 with this comprising:

Licence and Racing Date Agreement Fees $185,739

Head Lease Payment $101,581

SAHRC wage payments $175,538

Total race day fees paid $462,858

The monies paid to the SAHRC represents 5.1% of the total revenues received ($9,050,465) by HRSA during the financial year ended June 2018. These revenues being required to fund all stakes payments and to support all infrastructure costs of the industry in the state.

Note: The wage payments made by HRSA result from the 2015 lock-out by SAHRC and represent additional monies HRSA agreed to pay for the conduct of race meetings resulting from the resolution of the lockout.

Furthermore, HRSA states the following:

The HRSA Board is committed to ensuring Globe Derby Park remains the principal harness racing venue in South Australia and at no stage does HRSA want racing to cease on a permanent basis.

The HRSA Board believes that Globe Derby Park is an important facility for Adelaide’s northern area and that it must be maintained for its intended purpose – harness racing.

The HRSA Board is not supportive of decisions made by the SAHRC to enter into conditional contracts to sell the majority of club property to a developer for the purposes of establishing mid-high-density residential housing.

The HRSA Board believes that as a consequence of the SAHRC Committees performance the clubs health and on-going viability has been put at serious risk, and that resultantly the only way forward is the removal of the present Committee.

That despite innumerable meetings, the HRSA and SAHRC have been unable to resolve their differences.

That the `Cunningham Report’, which has been widely endorsed by the greater SA harness racing industry, sadly, still has not been adopted.
In summary, the HRSA Board believes that unless the current issues being faced by the industry are satisfactorily resolved, this being the removal of the SAHRC Committee, then harness racing in the state cannot progress but rather it will continue to struggle to remain relevant.

(08) 8285 0700 • rneal@saharness.org.au
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down