Chambo Off To Work We Go
bayman
Paul
IAmTheWarrior
Scrappy
11 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Movies you have  scene [no spoilers] - Page 10 Empty Re: Movies you have scene [no spoilers]

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:42 am

Scrappy wrote:" Someone left the cake out in the rain
I dont think that I can take it
Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have the recipe again
Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooo Oh nooooooooooooooooooo."

Lyrics from the 1968  smash hit MacArthur Park
The singer , Richard Harris

Wonder how many takes to get this song done?
Not a short one and Dicky was mostly inebriated for most of the 60s.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Movies you have  scene [no spoilers] - Page 10 Empty Re: Movies you have scene [no spoilers]

Post by Scrappy Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:11 pm

ROCKY
ROCKY 11
ROCKY 111
ROCKY 1V
ROCKY V

I could have watched Sylvester Stallone if they had 69 Rocky movies
All brilliant movies
Those fights with Apollo Creed were ginormous

CREED [2015]
We had a Rocky Balboa movie as well
Then this movie

Adonis Johnson wants Stallone to train him to be the world champ
As it unfolds Johnson is actually Apollo Creeds son
Naughty Apollo rooted another woman, when married,and thats how Johnson was born

Apollo dies before Adonis was born , so there was no fortunate son
You could say it was a Creed clear revival

Stallone was about  69 years old in this film

These boxing films just keep on keeping on
Looking forward to CREED 11+111+1V+V
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:17 pm

Before you watch the rocky films again, find out about Chuck Wepner, "Sly" used Chucks' career as a story line with the first film & the one with the Hulkster in it, I'm using the phone at present but if you can't find out about Chuck or his two bouts in question I'll put the youtube clips up tomorrow night, the two bouts in question are Ali v Wepner & Wepner v Andre the Giant
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:07 pm

CUT SNAKE [2014]
Australian film
Rating 9.1

Set in the 1970s
Alex Russell is courting Jessica DeGouw
She is the type of girl you would want to spend the rest of your life with
Then Sullivan Stapleton enters their lives and ....

Sullivan Stapleton is the real life older brother of Jacinta Stapleton[Amy Greenwood in Neighbours]
He has a John Hastings look about him , he is an awesome actor
Alex Russell, in this film, looks like a member of the Split Enz band , and a finntastic actor
Jessica De Gouw is an impressive actress

Movie is well named
It is an explosive film
Its one of the best not my type of movies Ive scene
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:37 pm

JASON BOURNE
[A mere 6]

Ok, firstly let me say I have liked the movies in this franchise a lot. That is up until now.
This one just seems like a franchise cash in.

It is said that Matt Damon has only 23 lines of dialogue in the entire movie.

SPOILER ALERT
They kill off another love interest and introduce yet another female character fascination, presumably to meet her demise in a future offering.

The plot is rather weak, even considering it isn't that wide to start with and there have been 4 movies already.

The action is incessant as you would expect, but this is almost nothing but.
All I can say is the CIA must have instantaneous modems in all countries (who needs NBN???), cameras virtually in every public space, and armed cars ready to go on every street corner for them to trace people that quickly.

But then just about any action movie has a lend of us in the tech department.

I think if there is to be a Bourne 6 and 7, they are going have to reinvent the character in some way. I do like Matt Damon's acting, but he is becoming more stiff in this role than Stallone in the Rambos or Expendables.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:04 am

SON OF KONG [1933] 8.3
This is the follow up to the classic movie King Kong [1933]
Quite an enjoyable flick
Intriguing to see cars buildings of the 1930s
As with a lot of the early talkies , you get to see some actors who were born in the 1800s
Frank Reicher was born in 1875
It would be interesting to know , which actor pre dates back to the earliest birth
I would say some silent actors/actresses might date back to pre 1850 births

The casters got 2 stunning female leads in the films
Fay Wray in King Kong
Helen Mack in Son Of Kong

Helen Mack [9.0] Natural actor , good singer , stunning looks
Robert Armstrong [8.1] A natural funny witty actor
Frank Reicher [7.0] Plays the captain

The Ape [9.3]The real star of the movie , the chimp is a champ in this movie
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:28 pm

THE SHALLOWS [2016]
Rating : 8.3

Shark v Woman
This movie is very Jawsesque , and indeed as lively
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:22 am

DUNKIRK

So what do we think about the new Dunkirk movie?
Plenty of action as is the norm these days, especially in a war movie. But not a lot of historical reference to events leading up to the evacuation. Kids watching it wouldn't glean much as to why it occurred I think.

As is also the norm these days, is the over the top sound editing. Why a Spitfire has to sound like a B52 bomber is annoying.

The old Dunkirk movie (1957) was on the TV on Saturday.
Plenty of stellar British acting talent in that one. John Mills, Bernard Lee, Richard Attenborough and Lionel Jeffries.

One thing that seemed a bit out of kilter between the two movies was the actual number of troops evacuated off the beach. The new movie seemed to suggest 40,000 whereas the old one seemed to imply nearly 10 times that.

I will stand corrected on this, subject to further research.

As for a score for the new one, not sure.
I was a bit disappointed. Maybe a 7.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:24 pm

Our friend Mr Google says about 338,000. so the old one is closer.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Yes indeed. Interesting.

On the first day only 7,669 men were evacuated, but by the end of the eighth day, 338,226 soldiers had been rescued by a hastily assembled fleet of over 800 boats. Many troops were able to embark from the harbour's protective mole onto 39 British destroyers of the Royal Navy and civilian merchant ship. Some were ferried to the larger ships by what came to be known as the little ships of Dunkirk, a flotilla of hundreds of merchant marine boats, fishing boats, pleasure craft, yachts, and lifeboats called into service from Britain. The BEF lost 68,000 soldiers during the French campaign and had to abandon nearly all of its tanks, vehicles, and equipment.
In his speech to the House of Commons on 4 June, Churchill reminded the country that "we must be very careful not to assign to this deliverance the attributes of a victory. Wars are not won by evacuations."

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:12 pm

I liked this snippet

* According to actor Kenneth Branagh, roughly 30 veteran Dunkirk survivors, who were in their mid 90s, attended the premiere in London.
When asked about the film, they felt it accurately captured the event but that the soundtrack was louder than the actual bombardment, a comment that great amused director Christopher Nolan.*

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:31 am

Scrappy wrote:I liked this snippet

* According to actor Kenneth Branagh, roughly 30 veteran Dunkirk survivors, who were in their mid 90s, attended the premiere in London.
When asked about the film, they felt it accurately captured the event but that the soundtrack was louder than the actual bombardment, a comment that great amused director Christopher Nolan.*

Enjoyed the movie
My adult kids went with me they enjoyed it to
I recall being taught at primary school about Dunkirk

I've seen the two latest war movies Dunkirk and Hacksaw ridge by Mel Gibson
Both are good
Dunkirk is better
And yes it is very loud
Like Saving Private Ryan
But more action less build up
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:24 am

...but a lot less body parts flying about! Very Happy
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:51 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:...but a lot less body parts flying about! Very Happy

True
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:58 am

They Died With Their Boots On [1941]

When we discuss war flicks, this is one of the finest Ive seen
Starring the inimitable Australian Errol 'in like' Flynn
The main female part was played by Olivia De Havilland , this film was released in 1941 , and she is still alive
Olivia born 1/7/1916 , had her 101st birthday last month
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:02 am

Scrappy wrote:They Died With Their Boots On [1941]

When we discuss war flicks, this is one of the finest Ive seen
Starring the inimitable Australian Errol 'in like' Flynn
The main female part was played by Olivia De Havilland , this film was released in 1941 , and she is still alive
Olivia born 1/7/1916 , had her 101st birthday last month

One of my favourite movies of all time . Not historically correct with the way Flynns character died but in real life his character did die with his boots on

And Aussie actor Errol actually went to war in Spain
Not sure which side he actually fought for
But he made it out alive
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:48 pm

Just about anyone from a distant country who fought in Spain would have fought against Franco, I'd guess.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Lee wrote:Just about anyone from a distant country who fought in Spain would have fought against Franco, I'd guess.

Could be right Lee
Spainish civil war where the Germans perfected Blitzkrieg or in English lightning strike .

And Errol Flynn was in a few war movies iirc and westerns to hide his tassie accent the movie writers said he was English or Irish
Tony Robinson when he did his shows walking around capital Aussie and NZ cities had to say he thought Flynn was English

In most of Errol Flynns movies one of his male costars was Alan Hale senior ( spelling sorry if surnames spelt wrong ) . And Alan Hales son we all know he went on a three hour tour he played the Skipper
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:25 pm

I vaguely remember that Alan Hales played Casey Jones in the old (very old) TV series?????
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:30 pm

Lee wrote:I vaguely remember that Alan Hales played Casey Jones in the old (very old) TV series?????

He may have Lee
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:20 pm

THE MAJESTIC [2001] 7.5
Jim Carrey 9.3
Laurie Holden 8.2

3 things stood out in this film
Jim Carrey playing a serious part instead of a Bubbleheaded Booby
First film Ive seen him act in this way, I was very impressed

Laurie Holden is a lookalike of Australian actress Kim Wilson

During the flick a theater is re-opened
The opening night movie was a Streetcar Named Desire
The second night the movie was The Day The Earth Stood Still
I stand corrected, but the man who used the phrase Bubbleheaded Booby, in Lost In Space had an uncredited part in The Day The Earth Stood Still

The Day The Earth Stood Still , I consider to be one of the greatest Sci Fi movies
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:25 pm

Lee wrote:I vaguely remember that Alan Hales played Casey Jones in the old (very old) TV series?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig3GcDBjQN4
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:32 pm

DARKEST HOUR (2017) 9.0

Gary Oldman 9.5 (I hope he gets an Oscar nomination)

One of the 3 movies to appear inside 18 months on aspects of the life of Winston Churchill. I haven't seen the other 2, but Gary Oldman gives a tour de force performance as the elder statesman in this one.

Despite a few historical inaccuracies, mainly intentionally altered for screen continuity, it relives the political melting pot that set Britain to war and the early days of allied involvement leading up to Dunkirk (which also appeared 12 months ago).

Churchill found it very hard to live down his role in the debacle of the Gallipoli landing during WWI and his fellow pollies had long memories.

I found the lead up to his election and Dunkirk evacuation quite riveting.

If you're an aficionado of WW2 history and particularly that of British politics of the period, you will find this well worth a look.

The other 2 movies based on Churchill centred on the lead up to the D-Day invasion and his indecision in ordering the go-ahead. The other centred on his post war re-election and the period of his (secret) stroke and subsequent retirement.

You probably need a 12 movie mini-series to capture all of the facets and attributes of Churchill's busy life.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:11 pm

GHOST STORY [2017]
Rooney Mara
Casey Affleck

Weird preview
Weird movie

This flick sways and sways and sways moore or less

I dont know how to rate the movie
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:21 pm

JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH [1959]
RATING 9.0
Had not seen this fascinating  movie since I was a kid
Saw it very recently , I can recall the inimitable James Mason , and Pat Boone

I could not recall, but certainly took notice this time around ,  that the lead actress was the beautiful Arlene Dahl
Arlene Dahl is still alive having been born 11/8/1925

I recall Peter Ronson who played a non English speaking part
When I watched Ronson this time round, I noticed he strikes a bit of a  resemblance to former AFL BIG man Dean Brogan
Peter Ronson also had atheletical skill, having competed as a hurdler in the 1960 Olympic Games , just after this movie was completed

What a brilliant thought provoking movie, I consider it a classic
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next