Scrappy
Lee
Chambo Off To Work We Go
howthewestwaswon
bayman
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

First test Australia v South Africa  - LIVE SCORES Empty First test Australia v South Africa - LIVE SCORES

Post by bayman Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:22 pm

i fear our bowling lacks depth & quality & barring weather i'd suggest the South Africans will win & win the series as well
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

First test Australia v South Africa  - LIVE SCORES Empty Re: First test Australia v South Africa - LIVE SCORES

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:31 pm

To be honest, it doesn't surprise that Australia are where they are in the rankings. I don't think our batting has much depth either. There are no arrogant bastards in the squad either, something that was great about our teams of the past. Sports psychologists have f***ed the next gen of professional sports athletes IMO.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

First test Australia v South Africa  - LIVE SCORES Empty Re: First test Australia v South Africa - LIVE SCORES

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Watson is a big out.

I can see us struggling in this series.

Once again the selectors appear to rate anyone who pulls on a light blue cap 5 points ahead of anyone else. Same old same old.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Watson is a big out.

I can see us struggling in this series.

Once again the selectors appear to rate anyone who pulls on a light blue cap 5 points ahead of anyone else. Same old same old.

there is nothing on the other side of The Blue Mountains as far as NSW are concerned
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:19 am

Yes. Geoff Lawson was asked his 3 players most likely to be the next Test up-and-comers.

He named 3 NSW players, of course.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:09 am

South Africa won the toss, batting and are 0/18.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:51 am

Smith lbw Pattinson.

1/48
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:02 pm

1/58 after 19 overs.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:39 pm

1/90 at LUnch.

Peterson 45 no

Amla 29 no
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:43 pm

2/123, Lyons gets Peterson.

Australia also have no referrals left.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:11 pm

2/186 at Tea.

South Africa well on top.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:56 pm

2/206.

Siddle dismissed Kallis, but a No-Ball on replay.

Not out.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:38 pm

2/255 Stumps
If you asked what sort of menu South African batsmen would like on a good surface they would prob ask for :
Right hand fast bowlers who come onto the bat
Right arm off spin
Part time right arm medium slow bowlers

Thats exactly what they were 'dished' up

To bowl SA cheapish you need :
Green batting decks
Left hand fast bowlers [Starc, Johnson, Bollinger]
Wrist Spinners [the last 2 decent ones retired Warnie and Macgill]

Having said that, the decision not to play Mitchell Starc , was probably an error

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:42 pm

redandblack wrote:2/206.

Not out.

This has got to be the most frustrating process Ive seen in cricket
Kallis given out
Siddle oversteps when the no ball is checked, then acknowledged, Kallis is recalled
This is a fair process

My question is :
Why dont they check every single ball , why wait for wickets ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Scrappy wrote:
redandblack wrote:2/206.

Not out.

This has got to be the most frustrating process Ive seen in cricket
Kallis given out
Siddle oversteps when the no ball is checked, then acknowledged, Kallis is recalled
This is a fair process

My question is :
Why dont they check every single ball , why wait for wickets ?

That's a fair question Scrappy, I guess the answer is they have more time when reviewing a dismissal than after a normal delivery. It would be nice if they had someone in the box checking the ine, and if a bowler looks as though he's too close to the line, or overstepping, a message is relayed to the umpire at that end. That way they could keep a closer eye on things.

The no-ball issue perplexes me as much as AFL footballers who haven't got a clue how to kick for goal. As you say, that was the one which was checked, imagine how many others he got away with. Why bowlers continue to flirt with the front line is totally beyond me. They are willing to risk wickets all for the sake of an extra foot or two in pace. You'd think in a so-called professional era, bowlers would be able to sort it out. No sympathy.

As for the Test series, if the pitches are up to usual Australian standard, I can't see our popgun attack taking 20 wickets in any of the Tests, so it's going to be a struggle.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:03 am

JP Duminy a ruptured archiles, out of the match.

Raining in Brisbane on 2nd day. Aussies need all the help they can get.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:JP Duminy a ruptured archiles, out of the match.

Raining in Brisbane on 2nd day. Aussies need all the help they can get.

according to the tv news this morning JP Duminy is out for the year
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:54 pm

I have to say that I very much enjoy seeing Australia put under the pump in this series, what a good opportunity for our team to stand up and show us why they are the best in the world!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by burgerking Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:12 pm

trouble is Ben the Aussies arent the the best in the world the south africans are the number one test nation and from what ive seen in only one day of the series i cant understand why....they are a quality outfit and unless we do somethign very special we are going to cop a hammering.....
burgerking
burgerking

My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Can not disagree with that B/K!

A good reason to ensure the Selectors are picking our best team, not the team with the right surnames or from the favoured state, a couple of losses is usually enough to resolve that problem!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:28 pm

Ben W wrote:Can not disagree with that B/K!

A good reason to ensure the Selectors are picking our best team, not the team with the right surnames or from the favoured state, a couple of losses is usually enough to resolve that problem!

only thing wrong with that statement is a 'couple of losses' & with that we will lose the series (agree with all the rest though)
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by burgerking Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:33 pm

bayman wrote:
Ben W wrote:Can not disagree with that B/K!

only thing wrong with that statement is a 'couple of losses' & with that we will lose the series (agree with all the rest though)

i tend to agree, our openers are fragile and the inclusion of Quiney is beyond me....i reckon half the problem is 20/20 cricket, we have literally dozens of players who can slot in the side for the shorter form of the game but for test matches its a completely different story...we lack quality consistent players and i believe thats half our problem...

burgerking
burgerking

My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

3/357 Saffies in total control, both Kallis and De Villiers looking very comfortable. Stand by for more runs, and plenty of them.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Wow, Paterson strikes twice, Kallis and De Villiers dismissed early, 5/377 and suddenly the Saffies have something to think out with no JP Duminy to bat. I don't think Australia can win this, but at least they can make life difficult for their opponents.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:54 pm

7/426
When will Saffies pull the plug?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next