Australia v South Africa Test Series

3 posters

Go down

Australia v South Africa Test Series Empty Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by BloodnTars Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Although it is still 3 weeks away, I thought we could drum up some conversation about this coming series against South Africa which shapes up as one of the best test series in a while.

Here is my first XI

Warner
Cowan
Watson
Clarke (c)
Ponting
M Hussey
Wade
Siddle
Pattinson
Hilfenhaus
Lyon
Cummins (12th)

Have a feeling selectors may pick Haddin which I hope isn't the case as Wade is clearly in the better form despite Haddin's 100 in his last first class game. They could also go with the 4 quicks making Lyon 12th man if it is a fast Gabba green top. I don't think they need that considering Watson's excellent form with the ball. Not many batsmen knocking on the door unfortunately so guys like Cowan, Warner, Ponting and Hussey may get an extended run even if they do lose form and confidence. Fast bowling stocks look strong with Cummins, Harris, Starc and Cutting all banging on the door and worthy of inclusion if injury or form strike.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Australia v South Africa Test Series Empty Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by Scrappy Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:55 pm

Im really looking forward to this Test series
Good old fashioned shoot out with fast bowlers galore from both teams
Agree mainly with BTs team , except the Australian selectors may have an obsession for playing left hand fast bowlers, and Starc could get a gig b4 Hilf or Cummins
Maybe AU will pick 4 quicks ?

I think Warner might be the wildcard in the batting
Given perhaps more than a share of luck, he might be the one that takes on Morkel and the worlds most dangerous bowler Steyn
I expect Shane Watson to be a leading rungetter, he is good against pace, and SA have no spinner of note to scare him
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Australia v South Africa Test Series Empty Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by The Emperor Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:22 pm

should be a good series, but everytime there is an expectation of a major heavyweight series it always ends in a flop!
The Emperor
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down