Post by Lee Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:02 pm

That's good to hear, RC.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Port Adelaide Empty Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Ben W Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Rusty Cage wrote:portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/128395/default.aspx

VIP announced as joint major sponsor

Fortunatley I dont get VIP to the lawns at my place, but if I did that would be cancelled first thing tomorow morning! (And you think I am joking?) Very Happy - Yes I know they are a minor sponsor of the Crows as well!

With a good injection of cash into the club and the capacity to pay more like the full salary cap I well expect Port to make their way up the ladder this season. They seem to have some good younger talent that they have been working with for a while and this year should see some result of that - I might even put Robbie Grey in my Dream Team!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:57 pm

I think we will improve on last year and finish 12th-14th.

JB will kick 50 goals this year.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sat May 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Very handy win by Port today against the Roos. Many of the more maligned players putting solid efforts.

Still, I think 4 quarters of quality football is a long way off for them.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Turning a corner perhaps?

Were Port that good or Carlton that bad?
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:50 pm

I continue to look at Port in recent and conclude there is one thing that has been lost over the past 6-7 years...

...what ever happened to their ARROGANCE? It seems to me that it is one key ingredient missing (other than the obvious of playing personnel etc). It was such a proud club at the expense of all others, and now it's this meek, little, goody-two-shoes princess club.

Some of the post game cliches that they dished up after the Showdown would not have been good enough back in the day.

I think they need to re-find their old gusto ASAP to save SA footy or at least themselves from being a farce.

It's like I hate Man Utd in the EPL, but want them to stay in the top flight for as long as they can, just so it keeps it interesting and entertaining. As an opposition supporter there is nothing sweeter than to knock them off, and I feel the SA public once felt the same way about Port, but they've gone and got this pretty boy image...
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:56 pm

Good question HTWWW, I'll come back to this.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:59 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:I continue to look at Port in recent and conclude there is one thing that has been lost over the past 6-7 years...

...what ever happened to their ARROGANCE? It seems to me that it is one key ingredient missing (other than the obvious of playing personnel etc). It was such a proud club at the expense of all others, and now it's this meek, little, goody-two-shoes princess club.

Some of the post game cliches that they dished up after the Showdown would not have been good enough back in the day.

I think they need to re-find their old gusto ASAP to save SA footy or at least themselves from being a farce.

It's like I hate Man Utd in the EPL, but want them to stay in the top flight for as long as they can, just so it keeps it interesting and entertaining. As an opposition supporter there is nothing sweeter than to knock them off, and I feel the SA public once felt the same way about Port, but they've gone and got this pretty boy image...

Totally agree. Playing them in the Showdown was like facing down 22 expressionless witches hats. Ever since Chocco and The Chad left their is no reason to hate them anymore. I took no real joy out of beating them this year TBH, they are a soul-less outfit.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:50 am

Booney wrote:Good question HTWWW, I'll come back to this.

Got anything for us Booney? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter given you are a pretty passionate supporter of this once successful club.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Primus would have to be gone now surely. I'd certainly look elsewhere for a new coach if I was on the board. Next big question is who?

On the back of that performance, Port would struggle to see 10,000 at their next home game.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:38 pm

One of the best 3 games that i have seen Port play today
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:52 am

still making history
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Gingernuts wrote:

Got anything for us Booney? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter given you are a pretty passionate supporter of this once successful club.

Drafting War and Peace Version II right now.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Laughing
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Booney wrote:
Gingernuts wrote:

Drafting War and Peace Version II right now.

Very good Booney. Port Adelaide 2343124779
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:08 pm

A part of Mark Robinson's article in The Age today:

"Port Adelaide:
The coach gets the noose, and your players get the opportunity to play their pathetic excuse of football seven days later. Football is a tough business, maybe too tough for half the Port playing list. You let down Mark Williams two years ago, and now you've let down Matthew Primus."
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 am

Just what is Rucci's point in his article today??

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/crows-gain-from-ports-pain/story-fn83zfxo-1226444485164

That if Port were awarded the first AFL licence they would have attracted the same supporter base that Adelaide now has?? Not likely. Port Adelaide polarises too much to attract supporters from other SANFL clubs, you either love them or hate them, first dibs on a spot in the AFL wouldn't have changed that.

That Adelaide have Port to thank for much of their off field success?? A bold claim, and dare I say it typical of the arrogant Port Adelaide mentality. It's every one elses fault, and we should all turn around and pull them out of their own mess because we 'owe' them.

Rucci's article today in the fall out of Port's lowest ebb should be about where the club needs to head from here to rebuild towards a brighter future, and instead he uses his mouthpiece to play the blame game and all but doom his beloved club to administration.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:40 am

Gingernuts wrote:Rucci's article today in the fall out of Port's lowest ebb should be about where the club needs to head from here to rebuild towards a brighter future, and instead he uses his mouthpiece to play the blame game and all but doom his beloved club to administration.

My mistake, I have just seen yesterday's article outlining the 10 major areas Port Adelaide need to address.

Still, my point remains regarding the fingerpointing.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:06 pm

Interstingly many dyed in the wool PAFC people cant stand Rucci either and on that we agree - I cancelled my subscription to the Advertiser after yet another one of his sensationalist articles on the AFC and dont regret it at all, likely has saved me quite a bit over the years!

Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:20 pm

I dont know that I oppose the idea of Kevin Foley having a go at the Presidency of the club, depends largely on whether the members want him or not, at least he is a Port man through and through.

Like it or not Ports problems are the SANFL's problems and its in the interests of the SANFL clubs to see that Port are successful. Several difficult decisions starting with the Port Magpies need to be made to enable this to happen.

I remember it like yesterday, Fos Williams standing outside Alberton Oval facing the media scrum when the news broke that Port were to contest the AFL licence. Fos stated that Port would be leaving the SANFL to join the AFL in full, no Magpie team in the SANFL and as much of a heartache as that is to many PAFC people it was the right decision then and it is the right decision now to keep the club solvent and away from distractions that hinder it from being successful.

Rumour is about that the Pt Lincoln Football Association have in the past put a proposal to the PAFC to assume control of the maggies, retaining their history and colours and logos and so on. Yes it would be difficult to let go of and have them move to Pt Lincoln, but its about the success of the club as opposed to the current situation that needs to be properly looked at, not just given more lip service.
Ben W
Ben W

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:47 pm

A bit in yesterday's online Indaily covering dicussions within their B. o. D.

http://www.indaily.com.au/?iid=66274&sr=0#folio=1

"DISCUSSIONS to change the name of the Port Adelaide Football Club to something else have taken place within Port Adelaide’s divided board of directors.

“People at the club have been talking about broadening the brand,” one highly-placed AFL source told Indaily.

“The brand needs to be changed – the name Port Adelaide conjures up images of LeFevre Peninsula and that doesn’t translate to a marketable proposition in the AFL
"
StrayDog

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:48 am

Port Adelaide have fallen into the worst possible environment to "bottom out". AFL football circa 2012, with the introduction of 2 new clubs makes it nigh impossible to clear out their list and go for broke in the draft.

Back in 2004, my club the Hawks were in similar mode, a disfunctional playing group, in need of a new coach from outside the club, one who would be perfect to carry them through a cleverly sculptured developmental period, and traded players for draft picks.

It worked, but it was a lot easier to do in 2004 than it is right now.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Looking at today's game, they've got a lot of list tuning to do Shocked
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down