+2
bayman
Paul
6 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

R6 - Port v WC & GC v Adelaide Empty R6 - Port v WC & GC v Adelaide

Post by Gingernuts Wed May 06, 2015 4:07 pm

Well after another cracking Showdown last week, the two Adelaide sides get back to the business of winning they games they should.

Port are back in business and building form nicely. They will slaughter West Coast in front of the home crowd this weekend.

Adelaide are up against a severely depleted Gold Coast this week and will hopefully salute with a regulation victory.

Discuss away.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v WC & GC v Adelaide Empty Re: R6 - Port v WC & GC v Adelaide

Post by Gingernuts Wed May 06, 2015 5:27 pm

Well, I must be one of the few Adelaide fans that doesn't want to sack half the side after last weeks loss. Seriously - you should've heard the woman behind me on the bus home last week, I clearly wasn't at the same game.

While the loss was disappointing, I think the side will be better for it. Phil Walsh would have almost enjoyed the review this week as it was a good hit-out against a likely top 4 unit, and would have given him the perfect insight into what needs to be done at Adelaide.

Adelaide will get the job done comfortably this week, I'm supremely confident of it.

Looking at the draw, I reckon we'll be 7-3 going into the bye and set up well for a tilt at a finals berth. GWS the danger game, and the loss will be against Fremantle at home in a couple of weeks.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu May 07, 2015 1:07 pm

Walsh has flagged Henderson as doubtful for this weekend, with Lever coming under 'strong consideration' to make his debut.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu May 07, 2015 6:20 pm

In - Lever, Grigg, Lyons, M.Crouch
Out - Henderson, Ellis-Yolmen, Jenkins, Douglas (all injured)

Funny feeling about this game, at the start of the week I thought Gold Coast will win but that changed when Gold Coast and the alcohol thing. Still iffy about it, think either Gold Coast will win or we'll win by 100. Rolling Eyes Neutral
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu May 07, 2015 9:29 pm

there is an absolute gift in a ''tattstwist'' promotion for those that have Ubet/tab accounts, on line only they are betting $2.00 for Port against West Coast...only snag is you can only have a maximum of $20.00

i suggest get on early, this promotion won't last
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri May 08, 2015 12:56 pm

Paul wrote:In - Lever, Grigg, Lyons, M.Crouch
Out - Henderson, Ellis-Yolmen, Jenkins, Douglas (all injured)

Funny feeling about this game, at the start of the week I thought Gold Coast will win but that changed when Gold Coast and the alcohol thing. Still iffy about it, think either Gold Coast will win or we'll win by 100. Rolling Eyes Neutral

Must admit, I'm getting exactly the same vibe.

A bit of danger associated to it I think, but Walshy seems like he's all over it.

I still think we'll win comfortably. Will be good to see all of Lever, Grigg, Lyons and M Crouch get a decent run too hopefully.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri May 08, 2015 1:32 pm

Tough one to pick, the Suns run deep with youthful talent and will have had the proverbial rocket up them this week (pardon the pun) and the Crows are far from convincing. I took Adelaide in my tips because I think it's the safe bet, but wouldn't be shocked in the slightest to see them get beat. They obviously have a few personnel issues of their own too.

At Adelaide Oval, put your house on Port.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri May 08, 2015 1:42 pm

Simply can't see the Gold Coast lads holding Adelaide to anything under 100 points+++

With injuries, suspensions and club imposed suspension they have 24 to choose from this week, even the strongest lists would struggle to be competitive with a squad that depleted. Jenkins or Walker will kick 6+ this week. Adelaide will win and win big. I think 60+

Meanwhile the loss of Kennedy is about the last thing the Eagles need coming to face Port in Adelaide. I think we too will have a sound win, I hope Karl Amon comes in for his first game at home. Ah Chee is probably just in front of him, but which ever one it is will just go back out next week when Wines returns.

Polec missing for several weeks is a loss, but we do have some depth in the mid field area and his outside run can be filled by Mitchell getting more game time, Young moving "outside" when Wines comes back "inside" or by moving Impey in behind Broadbent and give Broadbent some more time up the ground and Moore, Ah Chee, Stweart and Amon are itching for a game. Port 45 points.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun May 10, 2015 6:59 pm

Scrunch wrote:Tough one to pick, the Suns run deep with youthful talent and will have had the proverbial rocket up them this week (pardon the pun) and the Crows are far from convincing. I took Adelaide in my tips because I think it's the safe bet, but wouldn't be shocked in the slightest to see them get beat. They obviously have a few personnel issues of their own too.

If you followed that advice, I hope you're only renting at the moment.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sun May 10, 2015 7:49 pm

Poor tadelaide
RODH2
RODH2

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon May 11, 2015 9:07 am

Scrunch wrote:
Scrunch wrote:Tough one to pick, the Suns run deep with youthful talent and will have had the proverbial rocket up them this week (pardon the pun) and the Crows are far from convincing. I took Adelaide in my tips because I think it's the safe bet, but wouldn't be shocked in the slightest to see them get beat. They obviously have a few personnel issues of their own too.

If you followed that advice, I hope you're only renting at the moment.

Laughing

A weekend of upsets that one!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon May 11, 2015 9:46 am

Adelaide's game was a regulation one really. Gold Coast showed a bit of fight, but ultimately Adelaide were too good.

Adelaide weren't exactly convincing though, and skill level particularly by foot was still quite poor IMO. They still have a long way to go to eradicate those easy turnovers.

The major concern however is Sloane's injury. Potentially a cheek fracture and a good month on the sidelines, a real worry.

On the upside, I really liked the look of Level & Kelly in particular on the weekend. I think we've got the makings of a very good back six in there now. Lever, Kelly, Talia, Brown, Laird, Jaensch. I love the way all of them approach their footy.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon May 11, 2015 3:25 pm

Sloane's cheek injury has been confirmed and he'll have surgery.

Massive blow.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down