Ben W
A Mum
38 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 7 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 38  Next

Go down

Adelaide  - Page 7 Empty Re: Adelaide

Post by BloodnTars Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:41 pm

$30+ for a ticket. Can get into the MCG and Etihad for just over $20.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:19 am

testy wrote:
I think another reason was that most Crows season ticket holders won't pay the admission fee after forking out so much at the start of the season for there season tickets, some in excess of $400.

This is why I don't go. I already pay $740 for 2 season tickets. I can barely justify that, let alone another 60 bucks for a second showdown.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:32 am

Well, the game against GWS went as expected.

A huge game now against West Coast this Saturday. The Coasters are starting to look a bit shaky also with injuries beginning to take their toll.

The key area in this game will surely be in the ruck. The best solo ruckman in the comp in Jacobs up against the best ruck combo in the comp in Cox and Naitnui, that battle will be worth the price of admission alone.

Adelaide has some injury concerns of its own, but these injuries are to fringe players and with plenty of players up and about in the SANFL at the moment, you’d think they would have the depth to cover these. All of their key play makers are still fit and firing, and perhaps more importantly those that have returned from injury this year (Porps, Mackay, Vince) are starting to find form and really hit their straps.

I fancy Adelaide in this game, I think they will win this one and tighten their grip on a top four berth.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Booney Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:35 pm

bigclock wrote:Here we go here we go her we go....

seriously can't see anyone beating us again this year... We will head to Skilled this week and touch up geelong (again) then confirm at least top two then home finals until the big one at the MCG... on the big MCG our spread will be too much for all other teams to handle... honestly who do you think can knock us off... all this without Tex in the side Shocked

The first of many comments I best remember. Very Happy
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Well, I'm not quite calling it in the way my fellow supporter BC is above, but I was very pleased with the win on Saturday.

Adelaide’s tackling pressure was magnificent, and their disposal efficiency was excellent (particularly going forward). The win has given me some confidence that we will do some real damage in September, and a win this week over Geelong would enhance that confidence ten fold.

Several things pleased me about Saturday’s efforts:

Andy Otten – Magnificent to see this man back in the side, and he looks like he’s regained some of that pace and run that saw him come 2nd in the Rising Star award in 2009.
Johncock & Symes – Great to see both back in the side, with Johncock’s experience being integral to a successful finals campaign IMO.
Josh Jenkins – Very handy big man, both in the ruck and up forward. Powerfully built yet very quick on his feet, will be a real asset particularly if Tippett continues to have concussion troubles.

Not to take away from Adelaide’s performances, but I must admit I can’t help but feel that the draw has opened up for us spectacularly. It has been well documented that we have drawn several substandard teams twice this year, but we are also coming up against decent outfits just as they are losing form through injury etc..

West Coast aren’t the side they were six weeks ago, and the match up against Essendon in a couple of weeks certainly doesn’t intimidate as much as it did a month or two ago.

Every successful premiership assault comes with an ounce of luck, and I’ll admit we’re getting our fair share it at the moment. I still feel that Adelaide is a season away from becoming a truly feared and dominant outfit, but if the cards keep falling our way as they have so far this year a flag might just come 12 months sooner that most expected/hoped for.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:04 am

Hi folks can any body put a link up so i can see Stiffy do the turtle against w/coast,apparently it was bloody funny but i missed it.Thank you.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:25 am

Here it is Bundy (hope the link works!). Pretty funny stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHIc_Qw2f9I&list=UU9zkpYJ5Wr2g3auGIfdmUHw&index=1&feature=plcp
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:05 pm

Thanks Gingernuts, now that was sooooooo funny. Very Happy Very Happy
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:54 pm

All this hype around Tippett's bonce is ridiculous isn't it?

I'm sure the club have got it sorted, good to hear Sanderson have a bit of a crack at the media today over their beat up of the issue.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Yesterday's loss was certainly dissapointing, but I'm not too concerned about the result. Under 5 goals against the reigning premier on their home deck in the wet without our lead ruckman, it's not a terrible effort by any means. Gotta be the toughest road trip in the comp taking on the Cats at Sleepy Hollow.

The comeback in the 3rd was encouraging and overall I saw enough to believe that we definitely have the ammunition to take them down in a final at AAMI should that eventuate.

Well done to Sando and the coaching staff for having the guts to pull Sauce out with his hamstring tightness, good big picture list management. No doubt it cost us, but it wasn't worth the risk. Jenkins and McKernan were dissapointing backups, but they'll be better for the run.

In a way I'm glad for the loss, hopefully it will give the boys the motivation to crank things up to 11 in the lead into finals. Things are about to get fair dinkum, no time for slacking off now.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:41 am

Great to see that Thompson has no case to answer at the tribunal this week over the incident with Johnson on the weekend.

He would be a real show for the Brownlow this year for sure, particularly with the decline in form of the Essendon side which contains his main competition in Watson.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:09 am

Some discussion of whether Graham Johncock will keep his spot in the side this week, but I think he was one of the main reasons we got back into the game in the 3rd term against Geelong last weekend after he was thrown back into defence.

His experience is just too valuable as we come into finals, he has to stay in the side IMO.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:05 pm

Gingernuts wrote:Great to see that Thompson has no case to answer at the tribunal this week over the incident with Johnson on the weekend.

He would be a real show for the Brownlow this year for sure, particularly with the decline in form of the Essendon side which contains his main competition in Watson.

Second favorite now at $5.00, and rightly so. As you mention, Watson's run home will be quite tough and Thompson is a proven votegetter over the past few seasons. May lose votes to Sloane and Dangerfield, but not many other players on a consistent basis, so has to be a major chance.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:07 pm

I think he will lose the 3 votes to Sloane or Dangerfield in a few games, but I reckon he will still slide in for 1's and 2's very regularly.

Hot favourite in my book, particularly if he nails another couple of stellar performances in the run home.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Average win by the Crows, who played one quarter of good footy.

Some of the efforts were well short of what's expected, especially in a cut-throat final quarter.

I also think a few Crows are just about at the end of their time, afgter great service.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:43 pm

So many players were poor (or at the very least down on what they have been most the season) tonight. Amazing we got away with that. Happy with the 4 points but geez that wasn't an overly great performance against a team with half their best players out.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:13 am

I think you're being a bit harsh personally, I though they battled it out manfully in that last term.

The first half was the problem, our defence and midfield were well beaten, and it was great to see both turn it around in the second half. Our defence in particular really sorted themselves out, a credit to the young fellas Shaw, Talia and Brodie Smith.

Six weeks ago we would've expected a game like that. Essendon are still a great side when they are switched on, and I am very happy we managed to get over them despite blokes like Jetta and Watson playing at their best.

I saw plenty that encouraged me last night. Essendon threatened to blow the game open in that second term and we lifted our intensity and clamped down, and Dangerfield got one on half time to keep us in it. Then we came out in the third and fired, and held on for the win. A sign of a good side is that you can have a bad game and still find a way to win, and Adelaide did that last night.

Too many Adelaide fans are getting ahead of themselves IMO. We 'should' win this and we 'won't lose' that. We are a young side, many of our key playmakers have only played around 50 games. Yes we have played well this year, but let's just have some perspective here and remember where we have come from.

After the last couple of years I'm just enjoying watching them play and enjoying the fact that they are a show for the 4 points in every game we play.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:01 am

I agree with a lot of that, GN, but I thought several Adelaide players got ahead of themselves, especially in the first half.

I also thought that one or two could have been a little more desperate at some contests in the last few minutes.

Having said that, it's a tough game and they all put their bodies on the line each week.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:29 am

I do agree with that, I think there have been times throughout the season that many of the younger players have got ahead of themselves. Last night was certainly one, and the North Melbourne game is another instance that springs to mind.

That has a lot to do with their lack of experience though IMO. Once these players reach the 100 game mark, then we will see Adelaide assert some real dominance I reckon. Inject young Crouch into the midfield next year, and barring injury they will be very difficult to stop.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Don't know what others think - but I really like the new guernsey - I know it doesn't feature the 'crow' but I like it Very Happy

Adelaide  - Page 7 Crows10
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:23 pm

Yea, I don't mind it. I've got the now 'old' clash guernsey though so I won't be rushing out to buy it. Cost a bloody fortune they do!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:50 pm

Who tipped the buckets of paint?
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:13 pm

So are they now the Adelaide Splodges?
Probably be sponsored by 3D Paint stores who are the same colour.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 38  Next