Adelaide  Dov3nm http://www.afc.com.au/Default.aspx
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Adelaide  Empty Re: Adelaide

Post by Ben W Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:32 pm

Thought it was interesting that it was mentioned on 5AA that Sanderson arrived at training and brought in some boxing gear and the players looked at one another with a questioning look and it was discovered that under the former coach boxing had not been a part of the training programme! Considering the need for the AFC to increase their physical presence on the field, modelling themselves after what sides like Geelong were / are doing would not have been a bad way to go!

Rumour has it that several of the lads are rather enjoying the boxing and that the results in improvement are quite obvious!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by the baby giraffe Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Ben W wrote:Thought it was interesting that it was mentioned on 5AA that Sanderson arrived at training and brought in some boxing gear and the players looked at one another with a questioning look and it was discovered that under the former coach boxing had not been a part of the training programme! Considering the need for the AFC to increase their physical presence on the field, modelling themselves after what sides like Geelong were / are doing would not have been a bad way to go!

Rumour has it that several of the lads are rather enjoying the boxing and that the results in improvement are quite obvious!

i hope there is some improvement on the cards, it was a frustrating year for a supporter last year. im really looking forward to see if rory sloane has hit his ceiling or if he has another level to go to this year. hopefully dangerfield finds the ball a bit more because when he gets it hes magic to watch.
the baby giraffe
the baby giraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:29 am

They should have traded Walker last year, he is a underachiever and drops the bottom lip way too much to make it as a top class footballer
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Gazz Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:23 am

Walker will be one of those guys who takes a while to get there, but when he does... look out!
Gazz
Gazz

Back to top Go down

Post by bluebeat Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:08 pm

magallo bootsoo wrote:They should have traded Walker last year, he is a underachiever and drops the bottom lip way too much to make it as a top class footballer

The next 2 years will tell the tale, but I think he will improve considerably this year. He will be a gun.
bluebeat
bluebeat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Last season on one of the few occasions I happened to be in to watch the Footy show, they had Jonothon Brown as a panelist and they were discussing the upcoming Adelaide Crows match. Brown was perplexed that Adelaide had dropped Taylor Walker from the side, his reasoning was that the AFC was struggling to kick match winning scores and Taylor Walker in his opinion was one of the only players that had real capacity to kick goals for the club and even on his worst day was still a better option.

Game time will do him the world of good as will accuracy in putting the ball on his chest through centre half forward. Think he is a good candidate to strongly improve his game this season.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Jamar at Melbourne, Hawkins at Geelong, were once upon a time players you would have considered trade bait. Glimpses of potential with nothing prolonged performance to suggest they would be game breakers.
Those clubs stuck with them, and Jamar will be the lead Melbourne ruck in their next finals campaign (possibly as early as this year), and Hawkins now has two medals (and turned the last GF on its ear).
Walker may not have that break out moment round one, but when it comes, look out!
Gazz
Gazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:03 pm

Gazz wrote:Walker will be one of those guys who takes a while to get there, but when he does... look out!

Sportsbet taking a fair amount of dough on Walker to win the Colman.

Punters backing Walker

The kid has only played 45 games. You just feel he will break it open at some stage. In fact, had he had a better midfield feeding him he may be already there (similar with Tippett).
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:42 am

Young Crouch is a very exciting prospect. Early days but I think the recruiting dept will be toasting their work on this deal as early as next season:

Click here: Brad Crouch excites me
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:24 am

Good times ahead! Very Happy
Gazz
Gazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:05 pm

The Crows have released a membership ad

I reckon it's the lavender cheesecake of membership ads - it's nearly unwatchable, and certainly one of the worst membership ads out there. I can see what the club wanted to do in trying to build that atmosphere before the team runs out, but it just comes across as cheesy.

I give it 2/10 - good idea, terrible execution.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:14 pm

I just watched it and was getting goosebumps - was thinking wow this is awesome - really liked it myself - but then I see the final print and the end and go what the... lol. Shocked
A Mum
A Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:00 am

I really liked it personally, got me a bit excited for the season proper.

I don't see what the problem is with the whole 19th man concept. I think it's quite innovative.

Been keeping a lid on it this pre-season, but starting to get a little bit optimistic about the season ahead. Very Happy

Love this time of year, always full of hope and optimism. Give it a few months. Laughing
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:31 am

LOL GN Laughing

I did love the ad - but the 19th man concept - the first thing I thought of was 'cheating'..lol Adelaide  4257781809
A Mum
A Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Bit bored today so thought I'd knock up a quick season preview for Adelaide to get some discussion going:

2012 Preview:

Adelaide come into the 2012 with a new coach who will no doubt bring a fresh approach. It's pre-season form so far has been encouraging, and the injury curse that has dogged the club for the last couple of years is nowhere to be seen, with only the rapidly recovering Ben Rutten on the injury list at the moment.

Sanderson's first pre-season has focused on strength and match simulation, with many of the young players adding several kilos to their slight frames over the summer months. Just how this translates to a match winning attribute on game day is yet to be known.

FORWARDS:
The Adelaide forward line has plenty of talent, much of it yet to be realised. Tippett is an obvious target in the goalsquare with his strong contested marking a highlight. Improved supply from a rejuvinated midfield could see him return to 2009 form or better. Taylor Walker is another with much publicised talent yet to be fully displayed. Whilst he has certainly has an x-factor, question marks remain over his work off the ball and his tendancy to fade in and out of games. The key to a good year however, must lie literally on the shoulders of Jason Porplyzia. A genuine matchwinner, Adelaide looks a different side with him up forward.

MIDFIELD:
Found terribly wanting last year after the retirements of messrs McLeod, Goodwin & Edwards, the Adelaide midfield is brimming with enthusiastic youth. The likes of Sloane, Dangerfield and MacKay have all shown glimpses but are yet to graduate to genuine matchwinning midfielders. With the valuable experience of a tough 2011 season under their belts, and supposedly carrying much greater strength and conditioning, just how this group of young players responds to new coach Sanderson is the source of greatest hope for Crows fans going into 2012. Experienced heads Van Berlo, Vince, Reilly and co will do their usual solid work, but it's the improvement of the 50 - 100 gamers that will have the most impact on Adelaides potential for improvement this year.

DEFENCE:
Adelaide's defence will be built on extremes this year, with seasoned campaigners Johncock & Rutten being surrounded by rookies. Talia finished the season well in the key posts of CHF and FB, but Sam Shaw is challenging for these rolls with excellent pre-season form. McKernan is another option for a key position, but just how Adelaide's defence lines up in round 1 is still to be determined. No doubting that this is the area of most concern for coach Sanderson. He will surely be hoping that the development of the midfield and forward line will take some heat of his defensive unit.

All in all there is plenty for Adelaide fans to be excited about. A new coach, encouraging pre-season form, a good draw, and the continuing development of players approaching 100 games should see them finish somewhere in the bottom half of the top 8.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:41 pm

Excellent work, GN.

Let's hope we see a different style and the development of the players you mention.

I'll be 'calling' west's game tomorrow for our stats team, so I'll be very keen to see Crouch at close qusrters, as well as Port's Ben Newton.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:26 pm

I didn't see the game, but following the commentary and allowing for Collingwood being weakened, it seemed as if several Crows players looked good.

Kerridge, Porps, Jacobs, Callinan, etc.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Well I have to say I'm pretty happy with Friday night's performance. A lot has been said about the Collingwood outs and the scoreline can be taken with a grain of salt, but as far as endeavour and intent you really can't ask for more.

I am very optimistic about this Saturday, and also the year ahead.

The home and away season is all about endurance and the depth of your squad though. I am predicting that Adelaide will burst out of the blocks in the first few rounds - whether it can be sustained over the full 22 rounds is another question.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawb Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Great coach and I am finally glad to see Sando get a go. He will do well at the Crows but the fans need to give him time you cannot expect him to win Adelaide a Flag in the first two years. The side needs to grow and depth given.
Strawb
Strawb

Teams : Geelong/ Williamstown.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 38 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next