Flag No.10
bayman
20 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

West Adelaide all things 2021 - Page 3 Empty Re: West Adelaide all things 2021

Post by Feathers Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:50 am

Flag No.10 wrote:
Feathers wrote: Only the player/players along with club administrators would know. Your assumptions and theories might be applicable in some cases but if you don't know the overall situation your statements and inferences are absolute rubbish.

Using your logic you wouldn't know, in which case you can't know whether Lee's statements are rubbish or not.

Anyway, no one has claimed to have proof of anything. It's a footy forum, people express opinions on it.

As you said no one has claimed to have proof and I have always pushed this point so why does Flee keep on making these unsubstantiated comments.

I have never claimed to know, and that is my point, very very few people would know. Flee was insinuating that the Eagles were cheating, manipulating the salary cap or doing something underhanded, this is way off expressing a reasonable opinion and I will always defend my club from these scurrilous assertions.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:30 pm

I have previously specifically said that the Eagles were not 'cheating' or being underhanded.

but.....

'Flee'

High quality debating. West Adelaide all things 2021 - Page 3 2678737410
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:42 pm

I think this topic needs to get to talking about good things happening at Westies. I'm sure there will be a great deal. New coach, Players. Its a great club.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:46 pm

Feathers, in a nutshell, I don't see how the Eagles can fit all their recruits under the salary cap. The fact that you're offended by this doesn't mean I or anyone else should refrain from expressing an opinion, which is what you seem to want. And juvenile name calling and being outraged doesn't amount to a persuasive argument.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:05 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:Feathers, in a nutshell, I don't see how the Eagles can fit all their recruits under the salary cap. The fact that you're offended by this doesn't mean I or anyone else should refrain from expressing an opinion, which is what you seem to want. And juvenile name calling and being outraged doesn't amount to a persuasive argument.

A persuasive argument would be showing me the facts. I understand this is quite often an opinion based site, Lee expressed his opinion once, fair enough, but to keep going on and on is unreasonable.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:33 pm

Well firstly, obviously not many of us have the specific facts around this issue; my opinion is based on assumptions as, I guess, is yours.
Secondly I think this discussion had basically petered out on the Eagles thread but was reignited on this thread by an Eagles poster.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:09 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:Well firstly, obviously not many of us have the specific facts around this issue; my opinion is based on assumptions as, I guess, is yours.
Secondly I think this discussion had basically petered out on the Eagles thread but was reignited on this thread by an Eagles poster.

This time it wasn’t me I only asked about the talk on another forum about Turner not getting the money he thought he should be getting .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:15 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:Feathers, in a nutshell, I don't see how the Eagles can fit all their recruits under the salary cap. The fact that you're offended by this doesn't mean I or anyone else should refrain from expressing an opinion, which is what you seem to want. And juvenile name calling and being outraged doesn't amount to a persuasive argument.

I think seeing your posting this I’ll answer for myself not any other poster .
From an Eagles fan perspective every time mug me posted Eagles signings
Posters who follow west got all upset whether it’s their right isn’t the issue
The issue that halted me from posting signings was it started west Adelaide fans going on and on and on and on about the eagles being over the cap
Hence more signings for the eagles were not posted by me
You certainly can post your opinion
My opinion is once the salary cap got mentioned over and over and over it was time to never post new recruits on this forum . And when the new season no team lists on here will be posted by myself .

Now Flag and Lee please talk about West
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by goddy11 Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:56 am

Speedy wingman Ronald Fejo signs with West Adelaide ahead of 2021 SANFL season
West Adelaide’s midfield brigade will be boosted by a speedy wingman from the Northern Territory. Find out why Ronald Fejo Jr signed with the Bloods.Ronald Fejo Jr concedes to having little confidence in his football ability heading into the 2020 NT Premier League season.
But that all changed after he was nominated for the competition’s Rising Star Award after a blistering performance in round four for the Wanderers.
Now the speedy midfielder is hoping to take his game to an even greater level after moving to Adelaide and signing with West Adelaide for the 2021 SANFL season.
Fejo, 19, is known for his pinpoint kicking ability and evasive pace — all skills he is keen to inject into the Bloods’ on-ball brigade.
“I reckon I didn’t have a lot of confidence … so I never really looked at (footy) as anything serious,” Fejo said.
“My run and carry and taking the game on then led to my rising star nomination.
“Then I thought it would be a good idea to come to the SANFL to showcase my skills and better myself.“My manager contacted Westies and then they gave me a call and aid they’d be willing to sign me.
“I am enjoying it and the boys at the club get around me a lot.”An Academy player with the Territory Thunder under-18 side in 2019, Fejo did not nominate for the 2020 AFL National Draft.
But he is set to put his name forward for this year’s AFL mid-season draft, which gives clubs a chance to recruit players between January 6 and March 9, then again on June 2.
“I thought the SANFL would give me a good opportunity to try and get picked up or listed by an AFL club,” Fejo said.
West Adelaide football manager Wayne Siekman said Fejo would be a strong addition to the side as it looked to win its first flag since 2015 and under new coach Brad Gotch.“
(He) has an elite kick, amazing agility, good speed and has good endurance,” Siekman said.
“He is a great athlete and an exciting talent for 2021 (who) is keen to improve and see how far he can go with his footy”.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:40 pm

Can't be all to bad at Westies. Saw on another website WA are reporting a operating profit of just under $850k. Well done.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:23 pm

Won't all the clubs report a Covid supplement/Footy Park sale dividend? It's been a very different year all round. Just curious.
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:04 am

RODH2 wrote:Won't all the clubs report a Covid supplement/Footy Park sale dividend? It's been a very different year all round. Just curious.

Could be wrong, but I don't think there were any SANFL dividends for 2020.

Jobkeeper income would have been significant.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:48 am

Way over a million dollars in Jobkeeper, very large grants by State and Federal Governments.

No payments for many of the usual expenses, such as honorariums and a very large SANFL Land Divestment amount of $275,000.

As stated in the Reports, a very 'one-off' year.

I expect all clubs will report very large profits.

Jobkeeper was supposed to be to cover wages, it turned out to be a bonanza for SANFL clubs.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:34 pm

Lee wrote:Way over a million dollars in Jobkeeper, very large grants by State and Federal Governments.

No payments for many of the usual expenses, such as honorariums and a very large SANFL Land Divestment amount of $275,000.

As stated in the Reports, a very 'one-off' year.

I expect all clubs will report very large profits.

Jobkeeper was supposed to be to cover wages, it turned out to be a bonanza for SANFL clubs.

Unless I read this wrong I can see a big problem when jobkeeper stops given the salary cap got slashed I can see a lot of players leaving the sanfl.....hopefully I’m reading too much into it
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:48 pm

If you were on or just over the 30% turnover reduction threshold, then Jobkeeper well exceeded that reduction.

The higher the turnover reduction and the less Jobkeeper improved bottom lines.

For hospitality and tourism operators, it probably only had some benefit to staff, but not the business.

I really don't know how footy clubs faired. But catering turnover, maybe sponsorships and and gate receipts would have been down I imagine.

I remember early in the season some clubs announcing dire predictions but did things bounce back generally when Jobkeeper kicked in?

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:48 am

Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but former AFL and West Adelaide listed player Gibson Turner is training with Glenelg.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:57 am

Globe Derby Trial result, Sunday 14/2/2021
Trial 1

2nd Mods
4th Spearhead
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:55 pm

https://youtu.be/fl-5Jl6AI3I

R.I.P Murray 'the weed ' Weideman
16/2/1936
17/2/2021
Aged 85

Coached the Blood and Tars 1968-1971
Very entertaining man
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:13 pm

when you've got 3 scoreboards & THAT BBQ it doesn't matter, seriously though i think each ground has its own characteristics & i'd hate for all of them to become sterile boutique stadiums, at the moment all the grounds have character & history behind them but renovate too much & while the history is still there the characteristics of it isn't
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:43 pm

i mean it (boutique stadiums) as seats circled all the way around the ground, where as ovals would have mounds, hills etc that add character to them
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:16 am

I like the historical eccentricities of each ground. It provides a sort of linkage to the past tradition.

Whilst progress is necessary to keep facilities current, but I'm with you Bayman, I wouldn;t like to see the essential character of the grounds alter too much.

Certainly not become mini-afl style grounds.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next