Indian Test Tour

3 posters

Go down

Indian Test Tour Empty Indian Test Tour

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:24 am

I can't believe how dumb some of our batsmen are.
Where is the resilience and commitment?

Handscombe's technique is flawed if he thinks he can play back to everything.
How do you get to test level by doing that?

To provide a Scrappyism, where was Head's head?
To get out exactly the same way when the trap has been set is just plain dumb and you have to question the mental fitness for a contest like this.

I agree with the comment that the scheduling and propensity of the short form game is exposing our lack of depth in the traditional game. Too many hit and giggle types getting promoted who are just not up for the mental challenge of test cricket.

You look at Kohli's innings. He pulled his head in and ground out an innings when India were in trouble and then opened out when they started to get on top of the bowling. It was not an innings of crash and bash. It was patient and measured.

Can any of our blokes do that? I don't think they can.
Australia has liked to think itself as front runners for a long time and likes to dictate proceedings.
But when on the back foot and needing to dig in, we go missing and have done for a while, even pre-Simth/Warner bans.

If we need some proof. Shaun Marsh who is up and down like a yo-yo, apparently averages 60ish in the first dig but only 20-something in second innings. How is there such a huge disparity between his first innings form and second innings?

Just on the scheduling.
Just when we need to see who is in form in the Shield comp, it shuts down in favour of the T20.
Indeed, money talks and a lot louder than the need for building quality test players.

So where are all our quality players?
Surely we are not so thin that Smith and Warner are the only world class batsmen around the nation?

Maybe we are all fed up with the state of play in Aussie Test Cricket, as it has taken until the third innings of the second test for this series to get a mention.

It is bloody frustrating to watch.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Indian Test Tour Empty Re: Indian Test Tour

Post by Scrappy Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:48 pm

Chambo a message from the next gen :
Test cricket is partially responsible for ruining 20/20 techniques
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:18 pm

20/20 is no excuse.

All countries [play lots of 20/20.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:39 pm

The newer / younger players would probably get more limited over exposure than the long form. I still think their mental ability to adapt is somewhat questionable.

I don't know how many other nations play abroad in County games or other similar comps, but maybe the mental hurdle is not so great to them.

Once they have been in the test or SS scene for a while, you would think the mentality should improve.

However, some are better at it than others. I think we are going through a lean period at present where plenty of blokes are getting a sniff at test cricket, but many not taking their chances and in some cases fickle selection policies have not helped either.

Where are the Sports Psycho-analysts? They could make a mint.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down