Advertiser Team of the Year

2 posters

Go down

Advertiser Team of the Year Empty Advertiser Team of the Year

Post by Lee Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:18 pm

The final squad of 40 players to be considered for the 2016 Advertiser SANFL Team of the Year has been released, with Woodville-West Torrens dominating selection.

The Eagles have nine players headlining the list of contenders, reflecting their dominance during the minor round which culminated in the minor premiership.

Led by Magarey Medal contender Jared Petrenko, the Eagles also have co-captains Luke Thompson and Patrick Guiffreda in the mix while rebounding defenders Matthew Goldsworthy and Jarred Allmond have also been recognised.

The Martin Mattner-inspired Sturt is next with seven players selected ahead of fifth-placed Central District with six, including star midfielders Chris Jansen and Travis Schiller.

Double Blues captain Zane Kirkwood and former Crows Aidan Riley and James Battersby have enjoyed outstanding years in the midfield while Kory Beard and Mark Evans were joint runners-up in the Ken Farmer Medal.

The man who claimed the SANFL’s leading goal kicker award, Brett Eddy, has all but guaranteed his spot in the side while the even-natured performance of the Panthers has seen them have a total of four players in the shuffle.

Finals debutant Adelaide has four players in the mix – including clearance-winning midfielder Cam Ellis-Yolmen – while Glenelg also has a quartet, including indigenous stars Willie Rioli and Terry Milera.

Edged out of the finals in the last minor round, Port Adelaide has three players with legitimate claims on selection, including captain Steven Summerton, ball magnet Kane Mitchell and emerging forward Luke Reynolds.

Norwood, North Adelaide and West Adelaide each have one representative, with Redlegs premiership bigman Sam Baulderstone a leading candidate to shoulder the ruck.

The final 21 players, including the captain, vice-captain and coach of the 2016 Advertiser SANFL Team of the Year, will be announced in IGA League Grand Final week.

Players were selected on their form across the entire minor round, with AFL-listed players eligible for IGA League finals also considered eligible for the Advertiser SANFL Team of the Year.

This year’s team has been selected by the SANFL’s Adam Kelly, Tom Hurley and Zac Milbank, Channel 7’s Mark Soderstrom and The Advertiser’s Chief SANFL Writer Warren Partland.

SQUAD OF 40
Woodville-West Torrens
Jared Petrenko, Luke Thompson, Chris Hall, James Boyd, Patrick Giuffreda, Lachlan McGregor, Nick O’Brien, Matthew Goldsworthy, Jarred Allmond
South Adelaide
Brett Eddy, Tom Fields, Brede Seccull, Joel Cross
Sturt
Zane Kirkwood, Kory Beard, Mark Evans, Fraser Evans, Jack Stephens, Aidan Riley, James Battersby
Adelaide
Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Harrison Wigg, Reilly O’Brien, Jonathan Beech
Central District
Justin Hoskin, Chris Jansen, Travis Schiller, Luke Habel, Luke Barmby, Nick Holman
Port Adelaide
Kane Mitchell, Steven Summerton, Luke Reynolds
Glenelg
Willie Rioli, Josh Scott, Terry Milera, Christian Howard
Norwood
Sam Baulderstone
North Adelaide
Jordie McKenzie
West Adelaide
Chris Schmidt
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Advertiser Team of the Year Empty Re: Advertiser Team of the Year

Post by bayman Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:15 pm

if Josh Scott doesn't make the final 21 then either the selectors have no idea or i have no idea & i'll back my judgement
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down