+5
UncleHuey
blueandwhite
goddy11
PhilH
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 21: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 21 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 21: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 21 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:53 pm

Eagles (1st 13-3 58.81%) v Glenelg (7th 6-10 47.64%)
Sunday 21 August
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

The Eagles are continuing to fight off challenges to the minor premiership, while Glenelg are now just playing for pride. Will the Eagles continue their great form, or will Glenelg cause a bit of an upset?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 21: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 21 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 21: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 21 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:43 am

i think a couple of kids will get game time over the next couple of weeks looking to next year, so with that in mind, the Eagles will win by over 10 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 21: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 21 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 21: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 21 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by UncleHuey Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:39 pm

Sadly I think the Eagles will win this comfortably.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:55 pm

It's the EAGLES KIDS DAY but young Glenelg Fans are welcome to get involved in the activities.

Round 21: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 21 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Eagles10
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:59 pm

And the normal Eagles Info Sheet

Round 21: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 21 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval 2016_h17
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:31 am

Games against the Bays are always good and tough.  I was going to say they are close but I just checked the recent results and that's not the case.
Games against Glenelg 66 Wins 43 Losses 21 Draws 2 as of 2015
A win here and I think we get the minor premiership as our percentage is better than SA and Sturt. With SA having a bye I cant see them thrashing the crows in the last game. Eags bye 30 points.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:49 pm

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens could launch the League career of Jack Hayes against Glenelg at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval on Sunday.
Hayes, a younger brother of Nick Hayes, has been in strong form in the Reserves, culminating in him collecting 25 disposals, 10 marks and 14 hit outs last round.
Originally from Redhill, Jack Hayes measures in at 193cm and 93kg and can play at either end of the ground.
He has been joined in the Eagles’ 23-man squad by in-form forward Jackson Press, who has booted 14 goals in his last two Reserves matches.
Veteran midfielder Scott Lewis will resume from a calf injury on the wing in the Reserves.

League
F: O’Brien, Borholm, N. Hayes
HF: Gaffney, Wundke, Rowland
C: Goldsworthy, Poole, Hall
HB: Jarrad, Von Bertouch, Allmond
B: P. Raymond, Thompson, Guiffreda

R: Redden, Petrenko, Boyd
INT: Ainger, McGregor, Press, J. Hayes, Rowntree
IN: J. Hayes, Press

Reserves
F: Jolly, L. Hayes, Comitogianni
HF: Stengle, Summerton, Whittlesea
C: Woods, Firns, Lewis
HB: G. Ellis, Cox, Westbrook
B: Elsworthy, Heinjus, Batley

R: Raikiwasa, Yarran, M. Raymond
INT: Lee, Sinor, B. Ellis

Under-18
F: Longbottom, Hoare, Moore
HF: Weidemann, Moller, Creeper
C: Martin, Hoyle, Georgeson
HB: Coxon, Lukosius, W. McPherson
B: Smith, Beecken, Bondarenko

R: Baqeri, Lee, Mead
INT: Brill, Cook, Goold, Holman, Miller, Wood
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:49 pm

Go Tiges!! Smile Very Happy Very Happy Smile
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:41 pm

bayman wrote:i think a couple of kids will get game time over the next couple of weeks looking to next year, so with that in mind, the Eagles will win by over 10 goals

looks like its more than a couple of kids, so unless we have cyclonic conditions we are going to get belted to the tune of 20 goals Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:57 pm

bayman wrote:
bayman wrote:i think a couple of kids will get game time over the next couple of weeks looking to next year, so with that in mind, the Eagles will win by over 10 goals

looks like its more than a couple of kids, so unless we have cyclonic conditions we are going to get belted to the tune of 20 goals Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Have only kicked 20+ once over the last two seasons; be lucky to get to 15.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:56 pm

Ouch, there are some serious outs for the Tigers. Apart from Sellar and Howard our entire first choice defence, captain and B&F are all MIA. When you do not have a lot of depth in the first place they are hard to cover.

The positive aspects are that we get to see how the kids go against the premiership favourite and ...... actually that is the only positive aspect.
This could be ugly for the Tigers, hope they don't get blown away.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:33 am

we'll get killed but at least some kids will get league experience which may help from next season onwards, heading down now & expecting a big loss there as well
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:43 pm

Home today sick as a dog 
Go Eagles
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:04 pm

spell_check wrote:
bayman wrote:

Have only kicked 20+ once over the last two seasons; be lucky to get to 15.

bayman 1 spell check 5987
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:07 pm

i thought we had a crack but were outclassed & out muscled as they game wore on, does anyone know how bad Willie Riolis' eye injury is ? he went off during the second quarter never to return to the field, i also noticed Boyd going off with a shoulder (or arm) injury late in the match, any news with him ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:21 pm

bayman wrote:i thought we had a crack but were outclassed & out muscled as they game wore on, does anyone know how bad Willie Riolis' eye injury is ? he went off during the second quarter never to return to the field, i also noticed Boyd going off with a shoulder (or arm) injury late in the match, any news with him ?  
I miss one game and stuff goes on 
Sick as at home 
Well done Eagles 
Hope the injured are ok
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:56 pm

Shortest priced flag favourites in years and HAVE BEEN ALL SEASON
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:18 pm

All I can say is, I guess that's one way to 'shape the 5'
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down