Aceman
UncleHuey
PhilH
Ben W
Brucetiki
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 16 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 16 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Both the Eagles and Adelaide are coming off tight wins over South. Will the Eagles crush Adelaide's late charge for the finals, or will Adelaide continue their late run for finals.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 16 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 16 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:45 pm

Adelaide by a whisker!
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 16 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 16 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Ben W Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:49 am

Think the Adelaide Crows will win this, Crows by 24pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:42 pm

On form this will be the match of the year. I fear Adelaide will win this one, but hope like hell they don't.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:27 am

Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 16 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Home_g12
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:46 pm

Like the promotion flyer - well done to the Eagles for promoting the game. Hope they get a good crowd
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:56 pm

Come on Eagles, finish them off.
Eagles by a kick
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:50 pm

Eagles by 27
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:51 pm

Out of the starting 18 named this week, 17 are AFL listed...the other is Callinan.

Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 16 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Afl_li10
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:10 pm

spell_check wrote:Out of the starting 18 named this week, 17 are AFL listed...the other is Callinan.

Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 16 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Afl_li10

Seems fair to me. Sad
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:49 pm

the best performed sanfl club for the year (so far) will get polaxed this week because of the ludicrous situation the league & its clubs (bar two of them) has allowed to happen......just take what ever the odds are & make a profit
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:44 pm

Adelaide will win and win well. Have too much class unfortunately and play the big grounds well as they are simply fitter than their opposition.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:40 pm

Aceman wrote:Come on Eagles, finish them off.
Eagles by a kick

10-7 Woodville West Torrens
10-3 Adelaide Reserves
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:48 pm

After the Adelaide v West game, I posted that Adelaide had an unfair advantage. I still think they do, but the Eagles beat them regardless.

So well done to the Eagles and I shouldn't have complained about the West game.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:50 pm

Well done Eagles number 1 SANFL side and minor premiers beat a team with 17 AFL players
Eagles were down one player by half time and crows lost one player . Eagles at the 15 minute mark fourth term down to one on the bench !!
Still won
Best player Allmond perhaps he was getting around the head all day and I think he had 27 touches
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:57 pm

Lee wrote:After the Adelaide v West game, I posted that Adelaide had an unfair advantage. I still think they do, but the Eagles beat them regardless.

At least one umpire was paying totally different rules for the crows and one for the Eagles !!
There was one crows player who was run down in front of the Eagles goal first term !
Crowd screamed holding the ball umpire was trying to call play on I think he really didn't want to pay it ! Crows player argued the entire time that Hayes was having his shot we kept yelling for 25 . I and a few others wondered if an SANFL player did that it would have been a 25 metre all day long .
Crows on the other hand were getting everything .
Took a boundary umpire to tell the field umpire twice that the crows had kicked it out on the full .Seems the field umpire didn't like being told he was wrong
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:00 pm

I figured the Adelaide side would be to good today. I am happy the Eagles kept Adelaide from creeping up the ladder.
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:58 pm

mickyj wrote:
Lee wrote:After the Adelaide v West game, I posted that Adelaide had an unfair advantage. I still think they do, but the Eagles beat them regardless.

At least one umpire was paying totally different rules for the crows and one for the Eagles !!
There was one crows player who was run down in front of the Eagles goal first term !
Crowd screamed holding the ball umpire was trying to call play on I think he really didn't want to pay it ! Crows player argued the entire time that Hayes was having his shot we kept yelling for 25 . I and a few others wondered if an SANFL player did that it would have been a 25 metre all day long .
Crows on the other hand were getting everything .
Took a boundary umpire to tell the field umpire twice that the crows had kicked it out on the full .Seems the field umpire didn't like being told he was wrong

Free kick count

Eagles 26
Adelaide 12

I must have been at a totally different game to you. You weren't complaining everytime Poole, Allmond, etc ducked their heads into tackles and got the free kick. Happened all year.

Happy that the crows are out as I think they would be difficult to beat in the major round.

Crows were poor, Eagles not much better. Any one of the 5 sides could win the premiership on its day.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:02 pm

a side can't win when playing bruise free footy, yet they almost stole it when they went in a bit harder, well done to the Eagles' for playing 4 quarters of unrelentless footy, added to that the Eagles were down 2 men before lemon time.....Wundke & Ainger kicked 1.1.7 between them & if anyone was told that before the game would say that Adelaide would win for sure, which shows what a complete team effort up the field it was, was Callinans' brain fade his worst ever ? i'd say so, i've never seen him ever make a skill mistake like that in the past
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:37 pm

BloodnTars wrote:Free kick count

Eagles 26
Adelaide 12

I must have been at a totally different game to you. You weren't complaining everytime Poole, Allmond, etc ducked their heads into tackles and got the free kick. Happened all year.
Not that frees have to be even but a lot of frees Adelaide gave away today were as a result of poor tackling (and tackles is something they had a lot of).

Frees breakdown (For):
Holding the Ball - Eagles 6, Adelaide 5
Tackled High - Eagles 10, Adelaide 4
Pushed in Back - Eagles 7, Adelaide 1
Holding the Man - Eagles 2, Adelaide 1
Deliberate OOB - Eagles 1, Adelaide 0
Arms Chopped - Eagles 0, Adelaide 1

Tackles - Eagles 43, Adelaide 67
Tackle Infringements - Eagles 6, Adelaide 19
Tackle Attempts - Eagles 49, Adelaide 86
Tackle Efficiency - Eagles 88%, Adelaide 78%
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:14 pm

Best on ground today was number 7 for the Adelaide Reserves
The female trainer
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:52 pm

Now that was a gutsy win!  It took just about everything we had to do it though, especially with only one player left on the bench in the end.  Allmond was outstanding with some top marking and tackling; Rowntree with 12 clearances; Hayes with three goals.  Wundke being double teamed at every opportunity and Ainger having to share ruck duties again plus with McGregor off early meant that others had to share the goals around.

I hope the players regroup after that effort and not have a huge let down.  Boyd, Goldsworthy and Raikiwasa should come back into the side next week if it is likely that McGregor and Thompson can't play.  I'd love to see Thurlow back in the side too and not leave it up to Borholm practically all day to do the rucking.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:12 pm

BloodnTars wrote:

They and Rowntree aren't the tallest players going round and they have a low centre of gravity.

The one gripe I had today was when holding the ball was paid, the players were doing everything not to hand the ball back, laying on it, standing over the ball etc. with no 25 metres paid. Also, recalling the bounce at the centre wasn't consistent.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:25 am

Agree with those points. Just don't like players ducking into players or throwing their heads back as if major contact has occured, when in all reality someone has just brushed past him. I think the AFL has done well to stamp it out. The SANFL should follow suit imo.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:16 pm

BloodnTars wrote:Agree with those points. Just don't like players ducking into players or throwing their heads back as if major contact has occured, when in all reality someone has just brushed past him. I think the AFL has done well to stamp it out. The SANFL should follow suit imo.

cant argue the head ducking thing if you ever sat near me you would hear me say that alot about certain of our smaller players .
I was surprised when i read the free kick count .
Was surprised at some of the frees given to Adelaide . Ainger being held constantly and all that was heard was play on . With the exception of a free in the first quarter ainger leading for the ball backman holds onto ainger clearly he couldnt run . Umpire blows whistle Ainger was in front being held and dragged back free awarded to Adelaide head high tackle on the crows player behind ainger .
But bad decisions shouldnt win or lose you games
I think yeterday showed Afl players can cave under pressure
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum