Thiele
howthewestwaswon
the prowler
Lee
Brucetiki
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 8: West v Glenelg - Saturday 24 May @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 8: West v Glenelg - Saturday 24 May @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 19, 2014 7:07 pm

West v Glenelg

Saturday 24 May
City Mazda Stadium

Reseves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
West 8.5.53 lost to Sturt 20.12.132 @ Envestra Park
Glenelg 13.8.86 d Centrals 12.8.80 @ Gliderol Stadium

Last Time They Met
West 19.16.130 d Glenelg 8.8.56 @ Gliderol Stadium

Ladder Position
West 7th 2-5 44.80%
Glenelg 9th 2-5 39.13%

West are coming off a big loss at Unley, while Glenelg are coming off a thrilling win at Glenelg. Who will win at Richmond this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 8: West v Glenelg - Saturday 24 May @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 8: West v Glenelg - Saturday 24 May @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee Mon May 19, 2014 7:31 pm

I said if Glenelg couldn't atone for their deplorable performance the week before, they were finished.

The same applies to West this week.

Injuries could weaken West even further, but they need to win this one.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 8: West v Glenelg - Saturday 24 May @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 8: West v Glenelg - Saturday 24 May @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by the prowler Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 pm

West, only because it's a home ground advantage, nothing else.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed May 21, 2014 1:41 pm

Glenelg to win by 3-4 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Wed May 21, 2014 4:47 pm

Bloods to bounce back
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed May 21, 2014 8:50 pm

i saw both teams last week, we were obviously competitive, desperate & also a bit scrappy skill wise but the team is starting to click/gel nicely, on the other hand West were competitive for the first 3 minutes & after that they were woeful & had they not put 3 back in defence to stem the bleeding the margin would have been over 100 points, yes i'd expect West to come out with a response but i can't see them turning it around in one week, bays by 5 or 6 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed May 21, 2014 9:27 pm

You could have said the same about Glenelg the week before, Bayman.

They came out and won the next week,

Westies to win.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu May 22, 2014 6:05 pm

The Bays in a close one by 2 goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Thu May 22, 2014 6:47 pm

bays by 42 pts
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu May 22, 2014 7:10 pm

Season's first draw
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu May 22, 2014 7:33 pm

redandblack wrote:You could have said the same about Glenelg the week before, Bayman.

They came out and won the next week,

Westies to win.

the only difference is against the Eagles i expected a result of that nature, last week i didn't, see you there  Wink 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu May 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Look forward to catching up, mate.  Very Happy 
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu May 22, 2014 8:31 pm

West by 42
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri May 23, 2014 7:03 pm

West to win at home, if not finals hopes are gone.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Fri May 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Well Done Aaron Fielke on his 100th game tomorrow
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri May 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Thiele wrote:Well Done Aaron  Fielke on his 100th game tomorrow

is he playing for sure ?

good luck to him, he is a good player
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat May 24, 2014 7:57 am

bayman wrote:
Thiele wrote:Well Done Aaron  Fielke on his 100th game tomorrow

is he playing for sure ?

good luck to him, he is a good player
He was named in the side
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Sat May 24, 2014 8:50 am

Congrats to Fielke he is a very important player for us.
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Sat May 24, 2014 6:19 pm

Fielke now the 5th player wearing number nine to clock 100 league games - On the changeroom boards with his name amongst other legends. Well done Fielks
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat May 24, 2014 8:45 pm

This was a total domination by West, except for a few minutes here and there. Some important positional changes by Mark Mickan paid dividends, but it was West's pressure on the ball carrier that created turnovers and interceptions that led to goals.

It was a nervous first quarter for West in one sense. Five minutes before quarter time they had dominated the game, but led 1.10 to 1.1. From that time, they kicked 20.13 to 7.2.

West's defence repelled the infrequent Glenelg attacks, except for the third quarter, and their run and carry caused Glenelg constant grief. Jonno Beech, surely in the top echelon of SANFL players, was a constant danger in attack and kicked 4 goals, while Kurt Thompson totally blanketed Ruory Kirkby and gave quick run from defence, while Taite Silverlock continued his good form and was dangerous all day.

Glenelg had a ruck problem. Daniel Webb jumped all over Jones and Glenelg rucked Gamble (I think?), but West dominated the clearances.

It was a comprehensive win and West suddenly find themselves in the five. Take out their poor performance last week against Sturt and their recent form has been good.

With some returning players after the bye, they have the chance to consolidate that position, or better.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun May 25, 2014 12:21 pm

I thought it was a great effort after last week's thrashing to come out and completely dominate yesterdays game.

We should have won by more but bad kicking for goal prevented that but I will take a 98 point win any day.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Sun May 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Certainly a great turn around by us after last weeks performance.
We also have a number of players to come back into the side including
Hardy,Birss,Still,Anderson and Bricknell all of whom would be in our starting 21 when fit
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Sun May 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Middleton is another on the injured list along with Bennett but they would be hard pressed to break in the best 21 if the ones lachlan mentioned are fit - I guess Hayes is on the outer again with his hiccup yesterday too > Good time for the bye
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 25, 2014 6:01 pm

this was the worst ''performance'' I've seen since we played Norwood at the bay in 1997 (I think) yes that was worse than the 1 goal disaster, that day I thought we had a team that didn't try & today we didn't try apart from the first 5 minutes of the third term, I said West were woeful last week we looked even worse today, we were black & gold training cones for Westies today, why would players do a pre season, train most nights of the week & then appear to go through the motions during a match ? rather than show intensity, effort & an actual caring for themselves, their team mates & their/our club.................the team has shown in two matches this year that they can work hard & gain the rewards from it, this should be happening every week win, lose or draw

I'm not sure what the right word is but i'll say it was a TOTALLY EMBARRASSING & DEPLORABLE EFFORT TODAY

well done to Westies' for their response after their dismal effort last week
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sun May 25, 2014 7:59 pm

Bayman, you are no orphan.

Us loyal Southies have seen and experienced the same thing many times in many seasons.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next