Lee
rocket_rooster
scott
Scrunch
Brucetiki
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 13: West v Glenelg - Saturday 25 June @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 13: West v Glenelg - Saturday 25 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:39 pm

West (10th 1-9 36.27%) v Glenelg (7th 3-7 48.09%)
Saturday 25 June
City Mazda Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

West notched up their first win of the season...just...while plenty of scoring shots wasn't enough for Glenelg to lose heavily to Sturt. Will West notch up win number 2, or will Glenelg kick a winning score this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 13: West v Glenelg - Saturday 25 June @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 13: West v Glenelg - Saturday 25 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:44 pm

Draw
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 13: West v Glenelg - Saturday 25 June @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 13: West v Glenelg - Saturday 25 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Scrunch Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:43 am

How could anyone tip in this game with any certainty? I'll go the Bays by a goal. Not sure why
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:23 pm

bloods Back to Back wins
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by blacky Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:22 pm

waddayamean wrote:Glenelg for me but should wait and see the teams. I hope the frees aren't an issue with the result though lol.
Bays will get more frees
One stat we never win
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:36 pm

Reckon this will be high scoring. Bays are a high-scoring team but their defence has been susceptible this year and can imagine Westies taking advantage of it.

Might not be the best match-up of the games on Saturday for TV but reckon it'll definitely be worth watching.
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:35 pm

all these stats blah blah blah......there is only ONE STAT that matters & that is the scoreboard Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:36 pm

Think you have those stats around the wrong way
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:42 am

blacky wrote:Think you have those stats around the wrong way

Not sure on most of those free kick counts but the last one West v North is definitely back to front...
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:53 pm

WEST
West Adelaide ruckman Ryan Willits could miss the rest of the season after undergoing hip surgery ahead of Saturday’s clash with Glenelg at City Mazda Stadium.
Despite managing soreness in his hip for much of the season, the former Power bigman has opted to go under the knife which will sideline him for at least 6-8 weeks.
‘’It will be touch and go as to whether Ryan will play again this season,’’ Bloods football manager Andrew Marks said.
Willits is the only certain exclusion from the Bloods’ 23-man squad with star midfielder Travis Tuck returning from a minor knee complaint suffered at training last week.
Possible debutants Josh Ryan (key defender from Mildura) and Jack Evans (midfielder from Flagstaff Hill) have been named on the extended interchange bench but must survive the cut before the bounce.

League
F: Silverlock, Slattery, Fielke
HF: Stubbs, Middleton, Haysman
C: Waite, Schiller, Hill
HB: Burgess, Hartlett, Schmidt
B: Caire, Hardy, Agostino

R: Webb, Tuck, O’Brien
INT: Favretto, Karpany, J. Evans, J. Ryan, K. Stevens
IN: Tuck, J. Ryan, J. Evans
OUT: Willits (hip)

Reserves
Helbig, Turner, Rodman, Klemke, Pillion, M. Johnson, McPherson, L. Ryan, M. Noble, Taheny, Dolling, Inglis, Heitmann, Majok, Male, Westhoff, J. Stevens, G. Hampton, J. Noble, Beard, L. Evans.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:34 am

waddayamean wrote:Fixed the last game and will check the others later. When you get smashed you can't expect to much . Second to the ball .

I don't think we were second ti the ball against North and it was 21 to 31.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:16 am

Lee wrote:
waddayamean wrote:Fixed the last game and will check the others later. When you get smashed you can't expect to much . Second to the ball .

No. But you were much fiercer at the ball and the man with the ball which did lead to some clumsy tackles.

There were the couple of dreadful decisions against West including the holding the ball on Virgin and the failure for Middleton to be paid the mark, but then the umpires stuffed up against North at all. Remember when the West player marked in front of the grandstand, played on with a shocking handball and for some unknown reason he was then allowed to go back and take his kick. Tim Ginever went berserk on the telecast about the incompetence of the umpire. And then there was the free to Stubbs for holding early in the game that led to a goal. The ball then went down the other end where Harvey was clearly held in the goal square right in front of the same umpire and play on was called. We could go on all day picking out bad decisions.

I still maintain that West and South suffer from their lack of supporter noise, but I may be wrong there.

As I said before, the umpiring was horrible at Prospect on Sunday. I would be interested to see whether any of those umpires were dropped for this week.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:10 am

rocket_rooster wrote:
Lee wrote:

No. But you were much fiercer at the ball and the man with the ball which did lead to some clumsy tackles.

There were the couple of dreadful decisions against West including the holding the ball on Virgin and the failure for Middleton to be paid the mark, but then the umpires stuffed up against North at all. Remember when the West player marked in front of the grandstand, played on with a shocking handball and for some unknown reason he was then allowed to go back and take his kick. Tim Ginever went berserk on the telecast about the incompetence of the umpire. And then there was the free to Stubbs for holding early in the game that led to a goal. The ball then went down the other end where Harvey was clearly held in the goal square right in front of the same umpire and play on was called. We could go on all day picking out bad decisions.

I still maintain that West and South suffer from their lack of supporter noise, but I may be wrong there.

As I said before, the umpiring was horrible at Prospect on Sunday. I would be interested to see whether any of those umpires were dropped  for this week.

Generally agree, rocket.

My point has never been that the umpiring was unfair to either side. I just pointed out there were some terrible decisions and that being first to the ball doesn't necessarily mean you get more frees.

As you rightly say, we could go on all day about bad decisions.

I do think your point about supporter noise has some merit.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:15 pm

The Bays by 18 points
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:52 pm

Lee wrote:
My point has never been that the umpiring was unfair to either side. I just pointed out there were some terrible decisions and that being first to the ball doesn't necessarily mean you get more frees.

As you rightly say, we could go on all day about bad decisions.

I do think your point about supporter noise has some merit.

Standing in acoustic shadow of grandstands with a concentration of pleading fans, I am certain decisions have been made on the strength of the decibel count.

You can almost feel it at times. A frenzied vocal call the longer and louder made just about puts a hex on the ump to concur with the call.
The shape of their body language gives it away too. And you know your job is done when they assent.

Occasionally, it doesn't win them over to supporters way of thinking and that even promotes an even louder and more frenzied call (generally for the blood of the errant official). But that's when the amusing sledges happen that can break up the terrace.

Umpires of all codes and games are affected by the pageantry of it all.
- Gridiron refs with their towels,
- Basketball refs with their over exuberant hand gesticulations
- Cricket umps like Billy Bowden and others with their half-cocked digits etc.

So sometimes, yes, it is all about them.

However, Tennis must truly be a game for gentlemen (wtf Krygios, Tomic???) as I have never ever seen a Tennis Umpire go crazy, gesticulate or display unnecessary melodrama whilst adjudicating. Those blokes must have a bigger ice cool temperament than a Buckingham Palace Guard.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Only won by 2 points but we'll take it.

First half was superb. Looked like 2015 where we played on all the time and ran hard. Second half was the same as we dished up the first 10 weeks where guys weren't working hard enough to get the footy and if it wasn't for some poor Glenelg goal kicking we probably should've lost.

Mason Middleton has taken his game to the next level and if he continues this form up for the rest of the season he might be a smoky to get rookie listed somewhere.

Looks like Fielke hurt his ankle at the end and Hardy and Stubbs came off with looked like arm injuries. Helbig hurt his arm in the reserves as well.

One last thing, the holding the ball rule is a joke. A guy can take n 2 or 3 tackles, get rid of it illegally and get away with it, while a guy grabs the ball on the ground, has no hope of getting rid as 6 or 7 guys have jumped on top of him gets pinged. Just doesn't make sense.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:34 pm

yep, the holding the ball decision & non decisions today were a joke (both ways) i know the umpires are low in numbers so lack depth & lack experience too but if it is a free at whatever part of the ground it is (again both ways) a free, the umpiring to me seemed to be 'scared' of paying a free kick up forward.........someone that works at the SANFL thought the same thing when talking to him during the day, as for the game well West led all day & were never headed yet the tigers never gave up & could of stolen the win in the last term but it would have been a travesty of justice which obviously i'd be happy to take though, i think the 'late (they were never going to play) withdrawls of Sellar & Rioli would have swung the pendulum back the other way....Sellar had a headache from a clothes line last week, can't believe the player Parrella didn't have to answer a question & Rioli sadly is off to a funeral, i doubt Cyril will be playing tomorrow for Hawthorn
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:21 pm

waddayamean wrote:West win by 23 points.

How many games will Alleway get ? Serial dirty player.
Could be the end of his career
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

blacky wrote:
waddayamean wrote:West win by 23 points.

How many games will Alleway get ? Serial dirty player.
Could be the end of his career

didn't see it, so must have been up the other end from me, not surprising though, so what happened ? while on the subject did Chris Schmidt get caught on tv ? perhaps he was too far off the ball for that, he was a good player but to knuckle young jockey size Jake Johansen off the ball & not even looking shows me he's not the player he was & must be frustrated because he's better than that
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next