Travel 2014

4 posters

Go down

Travel 2014 Empty Travel 2014

Post by Lee Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:06 pm

Off to Costa Rica, via Dallas, early tomorrow morning.

Go the (injury ravaged) Bloods while I'm away.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Travel 2014 Empty Re: Travel 2014

Post by the prowler Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:54 pm

Have a great trip r&b sounds like it will be a terrific place to visit, just make sure your eyeballs dont pop out.

Forget about the Bloods while your away, wont want their losses to spoil your good time.

The Panthers will have their measure this week.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Have a safe trip R&B
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:25 pm

have fun mate
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:38 pm

And it's good night from San Jose, Costa Rica.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:31 am

Somtimes you have to do some tough yards to enjoy some great things and it's all fallen into place here at Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, one of the best places ever.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:21 am

In Walgreens, New Orleans. Bloke walks in, shouts at the top of his voice "I can''t see. Where are the cough drops?" He grabs a handful of packets, screams out "I'm addicted to Menthol" and walks off.

I love America.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:41 pm

better than being addicted to menthol cigarettes lol
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:02 am

So another trip and more faith in good people everywhere.  Whether it's in the jungles of Costa Rica, or Bourbon Street, or Jamaica, (well, perhaps not Bourbon Street  Very Happy ), you meet so many good people.

There is a quote that the less you travel, the more certain you are that you're right.  That's a generalisation, obviously, but I think there's a measure of truth in it.

Its a complicated world.  I saw wonderful acts of kindness and I listened to Texas redneck radio saying the Sandy Hook school killings didn't happen and were a Government conspiracy designed to make gun owners look bad!

Then you go to San Antonio and see a lovely city in festive mood, you see the Alamo, take a photo of the plaque showing the names of the defenders, including David Crockett and Jim Bowie. Before that you look down from the Texas Depository building in Dallas and get surprised at just how close the grassy knoll is to where the President was shot.

By now, you understand the American culture much better. You don't necessarily agree with much of it and you hand out tips constantly, but you embrace it.

You walk into a shop in New Orleans to buy a luggage lock and leave with a super-duper lightweight small pair of binoculars for the footy and love the interaction.

You go by fast boat for two hours to an isolated village in the jungles and rivers of Costa Rica, on the Nicaragua border and walk along a jungle track (for tourists, of course) and get told to be careful of the fer-de-lance snake a few feet in front of you.

You go on an open boat and watch monkeys swinging from one tree to the next, watch sloths in the trees, iguanas and alligators.

You get very familiar with the undesirable aspects of Costa Rica belly.

After the heat of the jungle, you appreciate the air-conditioning of the Serenade of the Seas, you 'yeah, man' everyone in Jamaica, hold turtles in Grand Cayman and see a tiny bit of Mexico.

You drive from San Antonio to Dallas Fort Worth Airport, get lost and panic that you'll miss your flight.

You put on Facebook that you're a bit tired after a 16 hour flight, and then read the advice that you need to 'toughen up, princess'.

You click 'like' and think how good Australia is.

Then you start thinking of 2015.

Addict.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down