Radio Coverage

+2
bayman
Lee
6 posters

Go down

Radio Coverage Empty Radio Coverage

Post by Lee Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Anyone listento radio coverage during the finals?

Any comments?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Radio Coverage Empty Re: Radio Coverage

Post by bayman Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:49 pm

i had 5RPH on while at all the finals, with respect to DB whose eyesight is obviously failing & not as good as it was made some mistakes but overall i thought it was outstanding..........i would never listen to 5AA or 5AN who don't support the games during the home & away season......while on 5AA during the week i heard their Grand Final broadcasting add, fair dinkum all of a sudden it's ''Wildys' Roosters'' & ''Rowies Redlegs'' etc fair enough Rowe goes to some matches but i haven't seen Wildy at a home & away match for years.....if they're going to give nicknames to commentators why not give it to them for the whole season ? even if they are broadcasting another competition.................................oh hang on they'll be broadcasting the home & away season from next year, yeah right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:37 pm

Before the Preliminary Final I was listening online and trying to decide between Life FM and rph. On Life FM Doug Oakley was talking about his family's holiday travels. On rph Grant Coffee was talking up Tyson Slattery as an influential player and was then shocked to be told that he was out of the side (he hadn't played the week before either and I don't think he'd been named). They also talked about Beech's pace and that Ferguson would definitely start in defence. 3 strikes I thought. Plus, online rph is 2 minutes behind the action, which makes it interesting when you watch the championship data stats come up and listen to the call from 2 minutes prior.

But I went with rph for the simple reason that their effects microphones convey a much better atmosphere than Life FM's. You can't hear the crowd on Life FM. But you can hear Mr Oakley talk about anything tangential to the footy.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:35 pm

Don't forget to have a vote in the FOOT-e TIMES SA annual media poll

Just click here
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RZ58QNQ

Closes 11pm (SA Time) Friday October 18th
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Listened to LIFE FM in the first 2 weeks, best commentary team bar none. No crash clangers.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:31 am

pinned the ears to all during the finals.

AA - we know what we'll get, lots of shouting and excitement, wildy still does a great job of things, rowey is...rowey, yells a lot but gives atmosphere. tommy rehn was pretty good though, had done his homework on it all.

RPH - he's been great for a long time but geez the time has come for DB to make the call before someone else does. some of his stuff was terrible, calling players not even on the ground and getting those that were there, wrong. Phil A does an alright job of things, calls too fast at times though, but knows his players. Darryl smith has been doing it a long time and does it okay.

Life FM - sound quality always the best, but its much better when Phil and John are calling. doug oakley sounds like a great bloke but geez if he went on any longer about anything but the game, was gonna kick the radio in. dont care about the weather or people he knows, i want to hear the footy. John Nank is still one of the best sanfl callers going around

ABC radio - bit like listening to footy in the 60's at times. walsh is walsh, the other fella (matt?) does okay with it all but needs more excitement from it all
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:36 am

ABC TV did their usual top job again in the finals. great to hear blokes like the gowans boys, sticks phillips on there to give special comments, their stuff was fantastic. The callers know their stuff, neil cross calls it well, but would be good if he got a bit more excited at times. kim morgan has jumped into things really well, does his numbers and research and hits the names every time and gets excited when he needs to, he is a really good addition. ck did calling and boundary, and does them both pretty well. got a calling style different to many, more humour but nails the names and gives colour. obviously likes it on the boundary, creates the atmosphere down there with ben knights, those two form a good team down there, looks like they are mates and it comes across.

be a really sad day if they arent doing it in 2014, they have the love for the local league.
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down