Round 22: North v Port - Sunday 26 August @ Prospect Oval

+2
howthewestwaswon
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Round 22: North v Port - Sunday 26 August @ Prospect Oval Empty Round 22: North v Port - Sunday 26 August @ Prospect Oval

Post by Admin Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:17 pm

Round 22: North v Port - Sunday 26 August @ Prospect Oval North V Round 22: North v Port - Sunday 26 August @ Prospect Oval Magpies-logo-news

Sunday 26 August
Prospect Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: 5RPH

North are coming off the bye but before that had a massive loss to the Eagles, while Port are coming off a last gasp loss to the Eagles. Which side will bounce back from their loss to the Eagles?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 22: North v Port - Sunday 26 August @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 22: North v Port - Sunday 26 August @ Prospect Oval

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Tempted to go for the home side again, but I think Port can get the chocolates here. Magpies by 2-3 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 22: North v Port - Sunday 26 August @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 22: North v Port - Sunday 26 August @ Prospect Oval

Post by Mongrel Punter Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:10 pm

The Roosters return to Prospect Oval for the last time this year with some ceremony - Clint Alleway's last game at home, a celebration of the 71/72 Premiership victories over the opponent of the day, and the players will be wearing replica guernseys of that era. Also foremost in the players' minds will be that a victory in this game will likely cement a position in the finals, and also put the Magpies out of their misery. Hopefully, the last game against the Eagles was one of their period aberrations, and they will come out with all guns blazing. If the AFL imports are to be believed, there are 3 big inclusions - Stewart, Johnston and Alleway from suspension. These players alone COULD win the game off their own boots. North have shown that they don't need Allan to win games, and the defence is generally standing firm. With a midfield feeding these 3 key forwards, North should take the money, and celebrate those victories 40 years ago with a finals' berth for 2012. North by 20 points.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:37 pm

NORTH:

F: 15 Nick Amato 9 Daniel Stewart 2 Clint Alleway
HF: 32 Leigh Ryswyk 23 Lewis Johnston 27 Sam Mayes
C: 42 Cohen Thiele 1 James Bennett 13 Kriston Thompson
HB: 33 Mitch Clisby 39 Todd Miles 37 Greg Gallman
B: 7 Michael Clinch Will Dalwood 10 Luke Ivens

Ruck
18 Daniel Currie
Jay Shannon
30 Max Thring

Interchange
36 James Craig
45 Jake Keller
22 Eljay Connors

In
2 Clint Alleway
9 Daniel Stewart
23 Lewis Johnston

Out
12 Stuart Hill
38 Aaron Young (Power)
40 Alek Kangur
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:23 pm

With those 3 big forwards and all those cellabrations happenning, us to win to stay in the five and playing at home etc, etc etc, surely, i mean surely, we will loose again, against a team below us on the ladder !!!! scratch
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:44 pm

North even money ($2.00) on the TattsTab, i think this is very good odds given the named teams etc, i'd have North at 1/2 ($1.50) so i've had a decent crack at them as i expect them to win easily
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:36 pm

bayman wrote:North even money ($2.00) on the TattsTab, i think this is very good odds given the named teams etc, i'd have North at 1/2 ($1.50) so i've had a decent crack at them as i expect them to win easily

easy ca$h Cool Cool

well done to 3 of todays league panel of umpires who umpired a fair portion of the reserves game as well as the league game due to injuries
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:42 pm

well done to 3 of todays league panel of umpires who umpired a fair portion of the reserves game as well as the league game due to injuries [/quote]

Not quite sure what you are saying here bayman, but the umpires were different for both games, and both sets were inadequate.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Mongrel Punter wrote:well done to 3 of todays league panel of umpires who umpired a fair portion of the reserves game as well as the league game due to injuries

Not quite sure what you are saying here bayman, but the umpires were different for both games, and both sets were inadequate.[/quote]

wrong, 2 field umpires & 1 boundary umpire were injured during the reserves match & were replaced by 2 field & 1 boundary umpire that were scheduled to do the league match....the boundary umpire was Steve Wilson & he told me at 3/4 time of the reserves when he went on to replace the injured boundary umpire....so i'm sure he knows more than you MP Wink

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:58 pm

I beg to differ - at one stage there were only 2 field umpires in the reserves but at no time did I see any of Crosby, Haussen or Ralston umpiring in the reserves. Check with him again - perhaps a boundary umpire filled in for an injured reserves field ump as I have an inkling that the 3 field who finished in the reserves had 1 replacement. I always take note of the umpires, and know who they are.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:04 pm

differ all you want, Crosby was one that was replacing, Steve had to wait for a quarter to end, so it would be the same for the others
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:06 pm

Maybe that was the other bald guy that was umpiring he was confused with
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Regardless - didn't help their performance in the league - forgot the rules through most of the last quarter or lost their whistles or if they did umpires reserves, they ran out of puff and couldn't get close enough to see the obvious frees. They were awful.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:25 pm

as a neutral supporter there were some bewildering decisions but nowhere near as bad as you think MP (imho)
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down