Lee
bayman
Big Phil
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2021 SANFL SEASON Empty 2021 SANFL SEASON

Post by Big Phil Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:47 pm

Update on the SANFL Statewide Super League, Women’s League and AFL Club list rules for Season 2021

SANFL has advised SANFL Clubs and the Adelaide and Port Adelaide Football Clubs that the South Australian Football Commission ratified the following recommendations presented at its meeting earlier today:

SANFL Statewide Super League (men’s)

• 2021 season will be scheduled to commence on the Easter Weekend (Thursday, April 1 – Sunday, April 4)
• The season will consist of 18 home and away matches and three bye rounds
• The Finals Series will revert to a top 5 played over four weeks
• The match program will be released in late January/early February and will be dependent on the AFL fixture release.

SANFL Statewide Super Women’s League

• Season to commence on the weekend of February 27
• The season length will be increased to 11 minor round matches (from 10 in 2020)
• Matches to be played on the Easter Weekend
• Full match program to be released in January

Adelaide and Port Adelaide list rules and match conditions
The following recommendations were ratified by the Commission with regards to the participation of Adelaide and Port Adelaide in the Statewide Super League in 2021:
• Any player who has been on an AFL list in the past two seasons will be ineligible to be on Adelaide or Port Adelaide's SANFL supplementary list
• Adelaide and Port Adelaide player match payments will be reduced in line with salary cap reductions applicable to SANFL Clubs. These include:
- A reduction of the two AFL clubs’ total supplementary base payments from $10,000 a season to $5,000, inclusive of a reduction from $2,000 to $1,000 in maximum individual base payments.
- Each player only to be paid a maximum match payment of $250, down from $450 in 2019.
- Reductions for Adelaide and Port Adelaide's nominated Marquee Player, with a new $15,000 base payment and $300 match payment a decrease on the $20,000 and $500 permitted in 2019.
• Finals eligibility – AFL-listed players now will be required to play a higher percentage of minor round matches in the SANFL than AFL, as well as playing a minimum of three games after the halfway point of the minor round.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

2021 SANFL SEASON Empty Re: 2021 SANFL SEASON

Post by bayman Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:38 pm

By ZAC MILBANK

The SANFL 2021 Statewide Super League season is set to kick off on the Easter Weekend in April, with the finalised fixture planned for release early next year.

With Adelaide and Port Adelaide poised to return, the highly-anticipated Round 1 schedule is planned to be hosted across all four days of the long weekend (April 1-4) in a blockbuster beginning to SANFL’s showcase men’s competition.

This could coincide with an Easter bonanza for the Statewide Super Women’s League, in which all four matches that weekend could be played in succession at Thebarton Oval, on either Good Friday or Easter Sunday.

The Statewide Super League minor round will revert back to an 18-round fixture inclusive of three byes, with each bye to be split to ensure SANFL football is played each weekend.

SANFL is hopeful of finalising the Statewide Super League fixture in the first month of 2021, and released publicly in early February, which will also see the 10-team competition return to a top-five finals format, culminating in the Grand Final being played on Sunday September 19.

SANFL General Manager Football Matt Duldig said the fixture release was dependent on the AFL’s programming of matches in 2021.

“At this stage, our intention is to release the SANFL Statewide Super League fixture in its entirety early next year,’’ Mr Duldig said.

‘’But as we have learned this year, we must remain agile due to the unpredictability of Covid-19 whilst also being mindful of the AFL’s intention to release its fixture in a staged format.

‘’Regardless, we are extremely excited about the possibility of a SANFL footy feast in both the men’s and women’s competitions across next year’s Easter Weekend.’’

SANFL also confirmed there will be no West End State Match against the WAFL in 2021 as both Leagues continue discuss the potential for the Haydn Bunton Junior Cup clash to be played in 2022.

The continued expansion of the Statewide Super Women’s League is also in motion, with an 11-round home-and-away campaign starting on Saturday February 27.

This would allow the locally-based AFLW-listed players greater opportunity to play in the SANFLW in a boost to the standard and exposure of the SA’s premier women’s State League.

Amongst the raft of 2021 announcements endorsed at this week’s SA Football Commission meeting, Adelaide and Port Adelaide’s list rules and match conditions have also been approved for this season.

Any player who has been on an AFL list in the previous two seasons will be ineligible to be on Adelaide or Port’s SANFL supplementary list while match payments have also been reduced in line with salary cap reductions applicable to the SANFL clubs.

These incorporate a reduction of each club’s total supplementary base payments from $10,000 a season to $5,000, inclusive of a reduction from $2,000 to $1,000 in maximum individual base payments per player. Each player would also only be paid a maximum match payment of $250, down from $450 in 2019.

Reductions apply for Adelaide and Port’s nominated Marquee Player, with the new $15,000 base payment and $300 match payment a decrease on the $20,000 and $500 permitted in 2019.

Finals eligibility will see AFL-listed players needing to play a higher percentage of minor round matches in the SANFL than AFL as well as playing a minimum of three games after the halfway point of the minor round.

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:48 am

And apropos of nothing much, our friend 'Brett', also known as waddayamean and various other aliases, has again been banned from the other site.

Some people never learn.

Last edited by Lee on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:27 am

Lee wrote:And apropos of nithing nuch, our friend 'Brett', also known as waddayamean and various other aliases, has again been banned from the other site.

Some people never learn.

He is an OUT and OUT utter DH that guy.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:51 am

I hope he gets the help he clearly needs to have a better future.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:10 am

I see that the U18 National Championships are being held in September this year, presumably meaning SANFL clubs won't have access to any of these players for finals.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:36 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:I see that the U18 National Championships are being held in September this year, presumably meaning SANFL clubs won't have access to any of these players for finals.

That’ll be interesting, as a wafl or sanfl etc club, do you give game time to a youngster to help his development, experience etc or do you play the more seasoned player given he’d be available for the finals????
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:56 pm

Further evidence, not that it is needed, of the arrogance of the AFL.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:17 pm

for those that have the time, get onto the SEN shows (not the early one because that's just our market) & complain & keep complaining about it & i'd suggest among other words i'd be using ''integrity'' unfortunately i'm at work & unable to do it
but those that can BOMBARD THEM
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:37 am

bayman wrote:
Flag No.10 wrote:I see that the U18 National Championships are being held in September this year, presumably meaning SANFL clubs won't have access to any of these players for finals.

That’ll be interesting, as a wafl or sanfl etc club, do you give game time to a youngster to help his development, experience etc or do you play the more seasoned player given he’d be available for the finals????

AFL showing its ignorance and arrogance again.
They are ignoring grassroots footy and the logistics of it.
At this stage my club has 3 players who are touted as top 10 draft picks this year. Horne, Draper and Roberts. Im tipping all 3 will play league footy this year (Horne played last yr) and they will be unavailable to us in September.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:01 am

blueandwhite wrote:
bayman wrote:

At this stage my club has 3 players who are touted as top 10 draft picks this year. Horne, Draper and Roberts. Im tipping all 3 will play league footy this year (Horne played last yr) and they will be unavailable to us in September.

Isn't September normally post season for SA. Very Happy
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:30 pm

goddy11 wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:
bayman wrote:

champagne comedy there!! last 7 years played finals 4 years and finished 6th 3 times.....Im not sure if you take much notice of opposition teams, probably not, but most pundits are tipping is top 3 this year even without a ruckman...
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:54 am

blueandwhite wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:
bayman wrote:

champagne comedy there!! last 7 years played finals 4 years and finished 6th 3 times.....Im not sure if you take much notice of opposition teams, probably not, but most pundits are tipping is top 3 this year even without a ruckman...
I am tipping you guys to rise as well. I just couldn't resist the comment. Very Happy
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:13 am

Basically, wouldn't the AFL clubs be doing themselves a disservice by not allowing young players to play at the highest level they can and this being SANFL finals. WWT is an example of players being picked on SANFL performances in finals.
Maybe its about seeing how the lesser players perform against known star players that will be taken with high picks. The AFL likes circuses.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:37 am

goddy11 wrote:Basically, wouldn't the AFL clubs be doing themselves a disservice by not allowing young players to play at the highest level they can and this being SANFL finals.

If they thought that way they wouldn't rip young players out of League footy to play in these championships. Their desire is to compare the young players against each other, so they can rank them accurately.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:10 am

Flag No.10 wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Basically, wouldn't the AFL clubs be doing themselves a disservice by not allowing young players to play at the highest level they can and this being SANFL finals.

If they thought that way they wouldn't rip young players out of League footy to play in these championships. Their desire is to compare the young players against each other, so they can rank them accurately.
Exactly. The SANFL should make a ruling on this and allow qualified player to play in our finals. Are we a fair dinkum INDEPENDANT senior comp or there for the AFL ? Do our SANFL executives just sit there collecting their salaries.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by RODH2 Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:23 pm

Apropos of nothing, what do we think of this 'not moving on a mark/50 metre free rule' the AFL is introducing? I mean, there will be a shake out in the SANFL, one way or the other.
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:38 am

I have no idea what that ridiculous rule is supposed to achieve.
It can only artificially alter outcomes once again.
These rules "experts" need to take a look at the big picture and what this garbage does to the game as a whole and not just some perceived spectacle they are trying to manufacture.

It's fast approaching the day when I cannot watch an AFL game anymore because it is just a sterile visually pretty thing invented in the AFL laboratory.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:58 pm

LIVE @ X-CONVENIENCE OVAL

RESERVES - FINAL SCORE

NORWOOD - 8.7 = 55

CENTRAL - 7.6 = 48

Redlegs win by 7 points

GOAL KICKERS:

NORWOOD - J.Larkins, L.Pascoe 2, M.Teptka, P.Bampton, J.Higgins, W.Bowman

CENTRAL - T.Richard 4, J.Kelly, S.Burton, L.Lellmann
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:13 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:I have no idea what that ridiculous rule is supposed to achieve.
It can only artificially alter outcomes once again.
These rules "experts" need to take a look at the big picture and what this garbage does to the game as a whole and not just some perceived spectacle they are trying to manufacture.

It's fast approaching the day when I cannot watch an AFL game anymore because it is just a sterile visually pretty thing invented in the AFL laboratory.
For what my opinion is worth and based on some games so far the rule is great. It put defending teams under pressure as they struggle to man up.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:41 pm

Some retirements in the SANFL announced in the last few days...

Patrick Levicki from West
Murray Waite from West
Mark Evans from Sturt

Always super impressed by Mark Evans and thought he was very underrated by many.

Really nice guy off the field, as well. Always very giving of his time to the media.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:10 pm

Big Phil wrote:

Always super impressed by Mark Evans and thought he was very underrated by many.

Yeah usually gave us plenty of trouble.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:26 pm

Marty Mattner rates him as the best kick for goal in the side.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:06 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Marty Mattner rates him as the best kick for goal in the side.

i've rated him the best kick at goal in the competition & have for the last 5 or so years.....i found it amazing that an article a couple of years ago had Luke Reynolds as the most accurate kick at goal in the country, very good kick yes, better than Mark Evans i find very hard to believe
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next