Feathers
Flag No.10
goddy11
bayman
11 posters

Go down

Port sanfl all things 2021 Empty Port sanfl all things 2021

Post by bayman Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:19 pm

What’s going to happen with Port in 2021 ?

Post away
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Port sanfl all things 2021 Empty Re: Port sanfl all things 2021

Post by goddy11 Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:06 pm

No thanks. Play somewhere else or pay affiliation fee. No Marquis picks.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:10 am

So if the sanfl cap is now heavily reduced which must impact on the ability to recruit higher profile / quality players, what has the sanfl done to even things up now that Port and Crows are returning? Has there been any similar push in AFL? This would seem difficult with players on multi-year contracts.

I fear I know the answer, but if anyone knows any info about some of the logistics in re-introducing the 10 team comp, please let us know.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:52 pm

I think the proposal is that the AFL clubs' salary cap is cut by 10%, as opposed to the SANFL's comparatively miniscule cap being cut by about 50%, so there's your level playing field Kochy.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:24 am

What's the power's obsession with having a marquee player. Every match they would most probably have at least eight playing with a salary of more than the cap of the club they are playing against. Put the shackles on them.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:53 pm

Former Norwood Premiership player and Captain Jace Bode is joining Port Magpies as a top up player.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:05 pm

Big Phil wrote:Former Norwood Premiership player and Captain Jace Bode is joining Port Magpies as a top up player.

Surely the clubs have got to put a stop to this rubbish now.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:52 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Former Norwood Premiership player and Captain Jace Bode is joining Port Magpies as a top up player.

Surely the clubs have got to put a stop to this rubbish now.

how does this develop young players to help them onto a list ? because we all know Jace wont be picked up at his age & did have his chance many moons ago

also from what i can gather they've already signed Luke Surman.......i wouldn't be surprised if Lewis Johnston is next to sign on & i'd be shattered if Cory Gregson signed after signing with Morphettville Park

i've read ''Joke'' & ''Rubbish'', sorry gentlemen but it's far worse than that & disrespectful doesn't get close either
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:50 pm

"Coaching Opportunities" according to PNU's Facebook page.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:22 am

Firstly a personal thanks to Jace Bode for his outstanding contributions to the Norwood Football Club

Jace Bode unless Im mistaken has played '''about''' 197 games for the Sturt and Norwood Football Clubs ???
By continuing his career at Port Adelaide Jace  might have the opportunity to play 200 SANFL games

What would be more than interesting is if Jace played his 200th SANFL game against Norwood or to a lesser extent Sturt

Congrats in advance to Jace should he achieve the 200th mile stone
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:45 am

Here’s a question with rumblings coming out of Perth . If the AFL need to have hubs , will this cause Port and Crows not to have teams in the Sanfl.
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:02 pm

GCatt wrote:
Scrappy wrote:Firstly a personal thanks to Jace Bode for his outstanding contributions to the Norwood Football Club

Jace Bode unless Im mistaken has played '''about''' 197 games for the Sturt and Norwood Football Clubs ???
By continuing his career at Port Adelaide Jace  might have the opportunity to play 200 SANFL games

What would be more than interesting is if Jace played his 200th SANFL game against Norwood or to a lesser extent Sturt

You are not serious ? He retired from SANFL so those 3 games were not an issue. God even some supporters are falling for it.

What's he (SCRAPPY) actually fallen for ?
the way i read it is he's thanking Bode for his ''outstanding contributions'' to Norwood, so i ask again what has he fallen for ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:56 pm

bayman wrote:
GCatt wrote:
Scrappy wrote:Firstly a personal thanks to Jace Bode for his outstanding contributions to the Norwood Football Club

You are not serious ? He retired from SANFL so those 3 games were not an issue. God even some supporters are falling for it.

What's he  (SCRAPPY) actually fallen for ?
the way i read it is he's thanking Bode for his ''outstanding contributions'' to Norwood, so i ask again what has he fallen for ?

I think that Scrappy is on the ball. Bode has in fact played 197 games for Sturt, Norwood and the state and therefore needs 3 more league games to qualify for League Life Membership which is not only an honour but a very valuable item to have. I believe it gives access to Adelaide Oval for all AFL games.
Bode may not have realised he was that close when he retired from Norwood or alternatively Norwood may have asked him to retire.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:51 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:
bayman wrote:
GCatt wrote:

What's he  (SCRAPPY) actually fallen for ?

I think that Scrappy is on the ball. Bode has in fact played 197 games for Sturt, Norwood and the state and therefore needs 3 more league games to qualify for League Life Membership which is not only an honour but a very valuable item to have. I believe it gives access to Adelaide Oval for all AFL games.
Bode may not have realised he was that close when he retired from Norwood or alternatively Norwood may have asked him to retire.

Jace knew how close he was whilst still at Norwood. Unfortunately for him he missed a few games through injury in his final season, and knew (along with all spectators) that it would be his final season at the Parade. Playing 200 games at SANFL level, particularly in this day and age is a fine achievement and I hope he gets there. Can't see him getting a banner from the Port faithful in his 3rd game for them though.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon May 03, 2021 9:23 am

I noticed in the stats, one J Bode got 6 touches against the Eagles.

Has he played all the games and gotten to 200 now?

It still seems odd if injury was his reason to retire from the Legs, that he is fronting up for the Magpies. As a top up player, the money isn't that good is it?

He'd bring plenty of nous and experience to a young back line.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum