Lee, I sense some anger in your post. (maybe why you did it twice) Very Happy

Foote
Jones
Wehr
Hayes
McNeil
Rowe
Lowson

Poulter and Smith would be knocking on the door for selection as would Schofield.

Gone from GF side. Not many games but certainly high quality. I suspect they would warrant a good wage under normal conditions.

Most of the incoming are players after a game knowing we are a club that has a high draft pick content most seasons.

goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Eagles all things 2021 - Page 9 Empty Re: Eagles all things 2021

Post by Premiers Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:04 pm

Give it a rest, Lee. You've made your point. If the Eagles have flaunted the rules, then SANFL will/should punish us. Pretty tiresome discussion heading nowhere.
And foolish Eagle supporters "fuel" you up by replying to you.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:09 pm

Are people seriously suggesting you're going to lure de-listed AFL players and players from interstate (and the Menzels) on the sort of money that Jones, McNeil, Wehr, Poulter, Smith and Schofield were getting?
Instead of complaints about whingeing, whining, it's sour grapes, it's boring, the SANFL would uncover anything untoward, it'd be nice to hear a possible and plausible explanation.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:10 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Starting to think he's Gonski. I've seen Henry Smith in a phantom draft. Pity if he's taken. Would be a good back-up for Redden.

How does Zac Phillips compare to Smith? Did they play in the same U18 team and share ruck? Could Phillips be Redden’s replacement when Redden retires?
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:16 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:Are people seriously suggesting you're going to lure de-listed AFL players and players from interstate (and the Menzels) on the sort of money that Jones, McNeil, Wehr, Poulter, Smith and Schofield were getting?
Instead of complaints about whingeing, whining, it's sour grapes, it's boring, the SANFL would uncover anything untoward, it'd be nice to hear a possible and plausible explanation.

Kobe Mutch and Riley Knight are the only delisted AFL players and Knight is a returning junior. The rest were recruited from clubs which were part of the now defunct NEAFL, plus Sharman out of Vic U18’s and Menzel brothers who walked to the Eagles. I would say it’s ambition more than dollars luring these players to the Eagles. Success breeds success.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:32 pm

There's no anger, just surprise at how sensitive a few Eagles' fans are at an obvious topic of discussion.

There's no comparison with West. We're a long way off right now and it will take time, so we're at opposite ends of the spectrum.

To argue that it's about 10 out and 9 in, rather than small money out and big money in is very simplistic and disingenuous.

Play on.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:33 pm

I think Aerie is closer to the Mark than my mate Lee, if you are a young player coming from interstate & after talking to several clubs & you decide to pack up & make the move, then most of the time they’d pick a more successful team than a average team, it’s human nature, granted off field stuff like a job or a job for a partner would come into it

So if I were a 20 year old today & was from country Victoria & let’s say Central & the Eagles spoke to me & offered me basically the same deal, I’d look up to see how both clubs have gone in the last 3 or 4 years & sign with the Eagles because I’d want to win most weeks & it would be more likely with one not the other one
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:08 am

There are two separate issues here.

The first is that the Eagles deserve full credit for having so many drafted. I've praised several of them in posts.

The other is the mathematics of replacing them.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:34 am

Lee wrote:There are two separate issues here.

The first is that the Eagles deserve full credit for having so many drafted. I've praised several of them in posts.

The other is the mathematics of replacing them.

I have to post this look at the Eagles president and her history that should answer your mathematical questions Lee .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:45 am

Micky, nowhere have I suggested that there is anything underhand about this, micky. In fact, I've explicitly said the opposite,. as I know the Eagles and all clubs would abide by the rules.

It's the rules and the holes in them that I query and the query is a reasonable question to pose.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:25 am

Lee wrote:Micky, nowhere have I suggested that there is anything underhand about this, micky.  In fact, I've explicitly said the opposite,. as I know the Eagles and all clubs would abide by the rules.

It's the rules and the holes in them that I query and the query is a reasonable question to pose.

Honestly this issue you could write a book about Smile
How about just making a topic about the holes in the rules rather than in a topic on the eagles
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:14 am

It would have been if you and your fellow Eagles fans' hadn't been so ultra sensitive  Smile
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:21 am

Lee wrote:It would have been if you and your fellow Eagles fans' hadn't been so ultra sensitive  Smile
😂😂😂

I dunno I think you have that covered 😂😂😂
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:44 am

Aerie wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Starting to think he's Gonski. I've seen Henry Smith in a phantom draft. Pity if he's taken. Would be a good back-up for Redden.

How does Zac Phillips compare to Smith? Did they play in the same U18 team and share ruck? Could Phillips be Redden’s replacement when Redden retires?
Zac Phillips is held in very high regard by Eagles and on ruck work alone, as good as Henry Smith. Henry Smith played more at CHF and at 200cm plus, little wonder he got picked up. However, like all young ruckmen, Zac is going to need 2-3 seasons to put on muscle and weight to stand the rigours of the SANFL League ruckmen.
Had not Henry Smith been taken, we may have had a log jam in the Seconds because:
(1) Jordan West needs to be retained for insurance and immediate temporary replacement for an Injured Redden or Hayes (2) Sam Michael shows some promise and worth keeping (3) then Zac Phillips (4) had not Henry Smith been taken in draft, very little time rucking. There is also another big guy who played FF/ruck but was dropped for the Seconds Finals who showed promise ? his name (don't mean Jamie Coff who is now Centrals)
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:24 pm

Premiers wrote:
Aerie wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

Zac Phillips is held in very high regard by Eagles and on ruck work alone, as good as Henry Smith. Henry Smith played more at CHF and at 200cm plus, little  wonder he got picked up. However, like all young ruckmen, Zac is going to need 2-3 seasons to put on muscle and weight to stand the rigours of the SANFL League ruckmen.
Had not Henry Smith been taken, we may have had a log jam in the Seconds because:
(1) Jordan West needs to be retained for insurance and immediate temporary replacement for an Injured Redden or Hayes (2) Sam Michael shows some promise and worth keeping (3) then Zac Phillips (4) had not Henry Smith been taken in draft, very little time rucking. There is also another big guy who played FF/ruck but was dropped for the Seconds Finals who showed promise ? his name (don't mean Jamie Coff who is now Centrals)

In the U18's last season the Eagles regularly won the hit outs but the clearance stats did not match the hit out stats. We seemed to do poorly at the clearances for the opportunities that were presented. May be this was because of the poor direction of the hit outs or poor clearance players. I think Phillips will develop nicely in the reserves with a bit more tuition. He played most of the season with an injured back. Sam Michael although a little short for a ruckman adds nice balance to the team and can play several positions.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:26 pm

The tall that was dropped for the reserves finals was Dale Pearce.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:36 pm

Yes, that's him - Dale Pearce. Big body, only 19yrs old, takes a good grab overhead, good kick, imposes himself. Still raw and doesn't read the ball coming in well enough to stay in the game but that may come. Would hate to lose him to another Club and have him hurt us in 2 years time. But we will have to juggle all those talls in the Seconds to fit them in.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:12 pm

mickyj wrote:
Lee wrote:Micky, nowhere have I suggested that there is anything underhand about this, micky.  In fact, I've explicitly said the opposite,. as I know the Eagles and all clubs would abide by the rules.

How about just making a topic about the holes in the rules rather than in a topic on the eagles

your right Mickyj, this thread has gone off beam a bit, because it is supposed to be ''Eagles all things''
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:50 pm

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

your right Mickyj, this thread has gone off beam a bit, because it is supposed to be ''Eagles all things''

Thanks Bayman
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:22 pm

welcome back micky
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:14 pm

Good to see Dan and Troy Menzel and Kobe and Rhys Mutch at training along with Riley Knight.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:48 pm

Mishae Wollergerang, age 18years, from Wests Football Club, Alice Springs. Played seniors and won Club's B & F, also coming 4th in the CAFL Association Medal. Quick, elusive, has skills, lightly built and plays like Jake Wehr. Another club approached him but liked better what he saw at the Eagles.
Welcome aboard Mishae !
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Premiers wrote:Mishae Wollergerang, age 18years, from Wests Football Club, Alice Springs. Played seniors and won Club's B & F, also coming 4th in the CAFL Association Medal. Quick, elusive, has skills, lightly built and plays like Jake Wehr. Another club approached him but liked better what he saw at the Eagles.
Welcome aboard Mishae !

Is it Mishai Wollogorang? Very Happy
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:37 pm

Good luck to the commentators with that one.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:14 pm

Apologies - is spelt "Mishai Wollogerang"
Interesting story. Comes originally from a remote NT coastal settlement, attended school last year in Alice Springs. The U18s comp reverted this season to U17s (because of Covid?), he was too old for U17s so played Seniors and excelled.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next