Post away
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Sturt all things 2021 Empty Re: Sturt all things 2021

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:56 am

New signing Patrick Wilson - very handy!
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:07 am

Riley Grundy back to the Blues
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:50 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:New signing Patrick Wilson - very handy!
Wilson will be a MM chance. You guys lost a couple of handy players in the draft.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:39 pm

Josh ”Pooch” Patullo to return and play at Unley in 2021.

Pooch was a big loss last season and one we couldn't cover.
With Sutcliffe out until May with a knee, at least we have a key forward now.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:15 pm

i've seen Sturt live 4 times now this year, when they apply themselves like against Glenelg & today against Port they are a very competitive team & worthy of a top 5 spot, but in the other two matches against Central & Adelaide they had no intensity, urgency etc to make a contest until it was way too late in those matches.....it has to be a mental thing, i know the coach is a smart operator so the players it must be mentally letting the club down because & with no disrespect to them had they beaten both Central & Adelaide they would be sitting in the 5 as i type
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:22 am

Do they rise to big games and leave the concentration in the shed for lower ranked sides, do you think? This sort of inconsistency in attitude is symptomatic of a young side.

Generally speaking, I think the forward line is 1 or 2 players short in terms of versatile quality options. Sturt seem to struggle to consistently kick a score that will win a game.

As is well known, Marty is a very defensively minded coach and that has worked for him previously. But he did have a squad with more depth and experience 4 years ago.

But this doesn't really explain the mental fade outs.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:20 pm

Any posters here members of the sturt cheer squad....?
If there are...I have a message for you...
You are representing your club. You are ambassadors for your club, a club with a proud history, representing the leafy eastern suburbs and supposedly people of a more affluent nature , and perhaps of a more polite demeanor than many areas of the city.
It goes without saying that the behavior of this group of......(I'm not sure what words I should use.... I think) - Neanderthals..last Saturday ; from what I have learnt ,must surely rank as some of the most vile abuse ever heard at an SANFL game.
The abuse was directed not in a general manner but of a personal nature to a South Adelaide Players wife and Kids, and his father as well.
This resulted in the group leaving the ground at halftime, as of course Security was useless.
I realize that this is not the first time this group has been in the spotlight for behavioral issues but I certainly hope its the last. This type of behaviour is inappropriate in the 21st century, its disgraceful and vile. It's something that one would expect from someone at a game at Salisbury North , not Unley Oval for goodness sake. Time to take some action Sue.

blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:26 pm

I would think not.

The SFC Cheer Squad has been a basket case for a long time. And always on the edge of propriety at best.
At worst, well as you say, neanderthal.

I know the club distanced itself from the CS a while ago, but perhaps they should take some more affirmative action.
Would a complaint to the club, be appropriate?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:21 pm

blueandwhite wrote:Any posters here members of the sturt cheer squad....?
If there are...I have a message for you...
You are representing your club. You are ambassadors for your club, a club with a proud history, representing the leafy eastern suburbs and supposedly people of a more affluent nature , and perhaps of a more polite demeanor than many areas of the city.
It goes without saying that the behavior of this group of......(I'm not sure what words I should use.... I think) - Neanderthals..last Saturday ; from what I have learnt ,must surely rank as some of the most vile abuse ever heard at an SANFL game.
The abuse was directed not in a general manner but of a personal nature to a South Adelaide Players wife and Kids, and his father as well.
This resulted in the group leaving the ground at halftime, as of course Security was useless.
I realize that this is not the first time this group has been in the spotlight for behavioral issues but I certainly hope its the last. This type of behaviour is inappropriate in the 21st century, its disgraceful and vile. It's something that one would expect from someone at a game at Salisbury North , not Unley Oval for goodness sake. Time to take some action Sue.

I know Bryce Gibbs’ was being called a paedophile among other things & numerous times & his family obviously stuck up for him & copped it as well…..one retired sanfl umpire who is a mate of mine said “the Sturt cheer squad is the worst group of supporters that they’ve ever come across & my mate has been retired for several years but still goes to the football most weeks
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:42 pm

Disgraceful.

I'm sure Sturt will take any action they can.

Nobody should have to put up with that.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:19 pm

Unfortunately I have to agree all around.

I don't know how this mentality succeeds several generations.
It was partly cleaned up for a few years circa 2007-2010 when one individual tried to lead them out of the mire.

But eventually to no avail when he moved on. I know the bad attitude of the majority of them did his head in.

These peanuts are a blot on the club, and since it has been festering for over 15 years, I think the club has its work cut out.

But well overdue to make a strong stand and if it takes abolishing a cheer squad altogether and having security move them on, then so be it.

They honestly bring very little, if anything, to the spectacle and the negatives far outweigh the positives.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum