blacky
mickyj
Scrunch
Brucetiki
Thiele
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

State match  S.A  V W.A  at the Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: State match S.A V W.A at the Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Fri May 11, 2018 9:33 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:
Flag No.10 wrote:I'm curious to hear posters views on the selection of players from their teams, because the three Westies boys have, in my view, been picked on reputation rather than form. Keough is probably fair enough because he's been good in patches over the 5 games but Stevens has only played 3 games and probably only had one really good one, and Beech has only played 2 and has been pretty quiet.

On form from a North Adelaide perspective Callum Wilkie and Aidan Tropeano both should have been certainties. The selectors probably don't even know who they are.

from Glenelg, i was surprised Snook didn't make the squad & am surprised Terry Milera didn't get a gig...as for Tropeano i agree with you rr & Beech was hardly sighted last week, obviously picked on reputation as at his best he'd be a shoe-in
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

State match  S.A  V W.A  at the Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: State match S.A V W.A at the Adelaide Oval

Post by halfwayhotel Sat May 12, 2018 12:15 am

Not sure of which players exactly but some don't want to play, so they weren't even considered, from what I understand it happens each state game and these players aren't even named in the squad.
halfwayhotel
halfwayhotel

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat May 12, 2018 12:31 am

Sportsbet has a market up

S.A. $2.35

W.A. $1.60

History says the home team wins when these two states clash
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sat May 12, 2018 10:14 am

rocket_rooster wrote:
Flag No.10 wrote:I'm curious to hear posters views on the selection of players from their teams, because the three Westies boys have, in my view, been picked on reputation rather than form. Keough is probably fair enough because he's been good in patches over the 5 games but Stevens has only played 3 games and probably only had one really good one, and Beech has only played 2 and has been pretty quiet.

On form from a North Adelaide perspective Callum Wilkie and Aidan Tropeano both should have been certainties. The selectors probably don't even know who they are.

Too add some objectivity to Wilkie"s case, North have played 6 games this year, won 5, and according to the club he has made the best player list in each of the 6 games. The club rated him best player in the most recent match.

Last edited by rocket_rooster on Sat May 12, 2018 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat May 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Where do you go today ?
This WA V SA game plus the AFL Showdown or the Morphetville Races today which has the Adelaide Guineas and the South Australian Derby on its card today
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Sun May 13, 2018 5:06 pm

disappointing result for SA on home turf. Good to have a couple of coverage options at least
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun May 13, 2018 9:25 pm

The Hatchet wrote:disappointing result for SA on home turf. Good to have a couple of coverage options at least
One had to call from the Riverbank Stand in the cricket media centre, the other out in the crowd, up in the western stand.

Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 13, 2018 9:49 pm

How strong was the breeze?

From memory all bar a couple of goals were kicked to one end & those were in the last term, we obviously didn’t kick enough in the opening stanza
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Mon May 14, 2018 2:47 pm

bayman wrote:How strong was the breeze?

From memory all bar a couple of goals were kicked to one end & those were in the last term, we obviously didn’t kick enough in the opening stanza

According to Peter Walsh on the digital pass broadcast most of the goals were scored into the breeze at the River Torrens End.
Josh Scott certainly scored a 55 metre goal in the last quarter at the scoreboard end.
WA seemed to get most of their goals from outside run.
They seemed much too quick for SA.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2