Round 4: North v Norwood - Saturday 21 April @ Prospect Oval

+4
Country Cock !
PhilH
UncleHuey
Brucetiki
8 posters

Go down

Round 4: North v Norwood - Saturday 21 April @ Prospect Oval Empty Round 4: North v Norwood - Saturday 21 April @ Prospect Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:58 pm

North v Norwood
Saturday 21 April
Prospect Oval

Reserves: 12:00pm
League: 2:40pm

North are up and about, knocking off Sturt, while Norwood were knocked off by Glenelg. Will North continue their great form, or will Norwood cause a bit of an upset?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 4: North v Norwood - Saturday 21 April @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 4: North v Norwood - Saturday 21 April @ Prospect Oval

Post by UncleHuey Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:44 pm

North to win, which I would have not predicted at the start of the season. They have played really good footy so far this year and look to have too much speed for the Legs. Roosters by 22 points.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 4: North v Norwood - Saturday 21 April @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 4: North v Norwood - Saturday 21 April @ Prospect Oval

Post by PhilH Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:08 am

Round 4: North v Norwood - Saturday 21 April @ Prospect Oval Rd_4_n10
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:08 pm

Well done, great win u Cockaleeeeachies, 3 in a row Shocked
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:58 pm

They're playing well.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:36 am

As ordinary as Norwood are, it was the complete opposite for North - They looked very impressive.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:51 am

North have surprised everyone. No one expected this standard of football In retrospect the biggest shock is what happened at Elizabeth in the first game. The way North are playing you would have thought the big ground would have suited their style.
The North recruits Allmond, Tropeano and Young have been fantastic.
One question the North hierarchy will have to address shortly is whether James Craig comes back in to lead the rucks when he is fit. Barns and Harvey are getting beaten in the ruckwork but are much more effective than their opposing ruckmen around the ground.
North also looked a lot fitter than Norwood yesterday.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:26 pm

A play of the day
19th minute mark, 3rd quarter
For more reasons than one, some North Adelaide barrackers would have rellay enjoyed this passage

NA 13-5
NW 8-6

Lewis Johnston marks the ball and has a set shot for a goal , about 50m out from goal
For some strange reason, some spectators in the crowd started booing Lewis Johnston
Some regard him as a great kick for goal , I have to agree, but I consider Matthew Panos is just as good

Lewis Johnston scores a point
Mitch Clisby takes the kick off , and his kick goes forever, and lands in the centre square
Wow, now thats a dobbsy and a half
This kick in was a mammoth
Lewis Hender takes a spectacular mark , as he is falling back to planet earth , he handballs to Alex Barns
Ive seen similar marks and handballs a few times in the 1970s by another North Adelaide footballer
Alex Barns passed the ball to Leigh Ryswyk, a player who almost played for Norwood when he came over to Adelaide
Leigh Ryswyk squares the ball up, with a magnificent drop punt , to Robbie Young OTR
Robbie Young does not even have to break stride, runs into an open goal and scores 1 of his 6 goals for the match

That was a keg of beer football !
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down