PhilH
William
waddayamean
Paul
blueandwhite
Brucetiki
14 posters

Go down

Round 2: North v Norwood - Sunday 3 April @ Prospect Oval Empty Round 2: North v Norwood - Sunday 3 April @ Prospect Oval

Post by Brucetiki Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:16 pm

North (10th 0-1 23.38%) v Norwood (4th 1-0 57.14%)
Sunday 3 April
Prospect Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

North's losing streak continued to 18 last week, while Norwood started their season with a win over Port. Will North's losing streak finally come to an end, or will Norwood continue North's misery?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 2: North v Norwood - Sunday 3 April @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 2: North v Norwood - Sunday 3 April @ Prospect Oval

Post by bayman Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:22 pm

its going to be another long day for North, Norwood by over 10 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 2: North v Norwood - Sunday 3 April @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 2: North v Norwood - Sunday 3 April @ Prospect Oval

Post by blueandwhite Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:36 pm

Legs by plenty..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:18 pm

Norwood by %
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by UncleHuey Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:00 pm

Norwood comfortably. Upwards of 40 points I reckon
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by William Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:15 pm

Norwood easily, it would be good to see North more competitive this week for the good of the team and the competition.
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:55 pm

Josh Carr has his work cut out for him this week, only a Roosters fan would tip them this week, Norwood by 40pts for mine. As a side note it is interesting to see that Darren Jarman's son Ben made his debut last week for the Roosters, will be interesting to see how he goes over the season.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:45 pm

bayman wrote:its going to be another long day for North, Norwood by over 10 goals
You only got six letters out of order th and wood.

It is easy to be wise after the event but there have been a number of huge winners with the bookies today. As soon as Norwood lost both Phillips and Wilson they were going to be in huge strife regarding pace and North's line up looked easily their best since 2014 with Barns and Harvey as a double pronged attack and Craig back in ruck.

I know of one North supporter who won over $1,000 backing North at 40+. I was never going to take those odds but the 58.5+ Norwood was framed once again by someone who didn't do their homework.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:58 pm

Spot on R_R with your summary
$1-04 were Norwoods odds today
Doubt if Ive seen worse odds since Ive followed SANFL betting
I was staggered that Norwood had to win by over 59 to cover the line

Norwoods foot skills were woeful today

There was a NA player who took a speckky in the last quarter near the scoreboard wing
Who was it ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:14 pm

Spina
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:32 pm

North Adelaide 18:10 118
def
Norwood 8:13 61

So much for tipping on round one form, the Roosters seemed to make short work of the Redlegs!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:39 pm

Saw North last week and they were terrible amazing turnaround congratulations to them on their great win today.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:44 pm

Scrappy wrote:Spot on R_R with your summary
$1-04 were Norwoods odds today
Doubt if Ive seen worse odds since Ive followed SANFL betting
I was staggered that Norwood had to win by over 59 to cover the line

Norwoods foot skills were woeful today

There was a NA player who took a speckky in the last quarter near the scoreboard wing
Who was it ?

Spina who took that hanger played his best game for the club.

You mentioned Norwood's foot skills. North's were worse last week.

I came away from Elizabeth convinced that North wouldn't win a match for the year, but I do agree with Rocket_rooster that North's line up looked markedly better than last week, especially with some talls up forward.

Funnily enough I met someone who won $1,000 with a $5 bet today as well. I think Scrappy was there when I met that person.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:25 pm

Lewis Johnson scored a goal at the 17 minute mark of the first qarrter
Norwood hit the front
2-0 North Adelaide
2-2 Norwood

For 'whatever' reasons North then dominated
North kicked the next 9 goals of the match

Norwood did not score a goal going to the Southern end
Almost as if they were intimidated at that end by the Grog Squad !

I had confessed to a couple of North diehards in this games infancy that I felt North would be very competitive
Competitive and quite impressive they were
However the he BIGgest shock was the margin of 57 points

Spinas mark made my day
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:55 pm

Nice % Booster Cocks !
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:20 pm

Impressive win by North. Congrats to all the supporters who hung tough.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:47 pm

while i thought there would be a response i didn't see that coming, well done to the Roosters & with them & Glenelg winning perhaps there isn't that much between all the teams in the competition
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:21 am

bayman wrote:while i thought there would be a response i didn't see that coming, well done to the Roosters & with them & Glenelg winning perhaps there isn't that much between all the teams in the competition
Didn't you look at the line ups. North often match up well on Norwood. Even in last year's debacle of a year, North with 19 of their best 25 missing with injury only got beaten by Norwood with the last kick of the day.
Sure North were disgraceful against Central but they did win the clearances that day and had almost as many inside 50s. What they lacked last week was a key forward and playing Craig, who is a competitve knock ruckman and bullocker allowed the very talented Barns to play up forward. Craig's problem is that he only takes about 2 marks a game. Remember Barns missed most of last year with a broken jaw.
At full strength North with Jordy McKenzie, Max Thring and Shannon have some more than useful midfielders. Add Thiele, Amato and Motlop, all of whom were out injured and they have a very competitive midfield. Surely they can't have such an injury plagued season again this year.
Looking at the line ups the bookies should gave had Norwood about 20+.
As I said, plenty of people have absolutely cleaned up. I wish that I was one of them.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:07 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:
bayman wrote:while i thought there would be a response i didn't see that coming, well done to the Roosters & with them & Glenelg winning perhaps there isn't that much between all the teams in the competition
Didn't you look at the line ups. North often match up well on Norwood. Even in last year's debacle of a year, North with 19 of their best 25 missing with injury only got beaten by Norwood with the last kick of the day.
Sure North were disgraceful against Central but they did win the clearances that day and had almost as many inside 50s. What they lacked last week was a key forward and playing Craig, who is a competitve knock ruckman and bullocker allowed the very talented Barns to play up forward. Craig's problem is that he only takes about 2 marks a game. Remember Barns missed most of last year with a broken jaw.
At full strength North with Jordy McKenzie, Max Thring and Shannon have some more than useful midfielders. Add Thiele, Amato and Motlop, all of whom were out injured and they have a very competitive midfield. Surely they can't have such an injury plagued season again this year.
Looking at the line ups the bookies should gave had Norwood about 20+.
As I said, plenty of people have absolutely cleaned up. I wish that I was one of them.

i learnt something, thanks for that rr, yes i wish you cleaned up too would be icing on the cake for you, i'll be honest with you i doubted North could win but was tempted to back North at the points but left my bets on Glenelg & South, points, doubles & win & win doubles so i got icing on my cake, i hope you blokes knock off Port on Saturday, i'll be there cheering on North
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum