The 2021 Coaching Merry-Go-Round! Hop on board!

+18
goddy11
merrick1
whybother
Flag No.10
Chambo Off To Work We Go
blueandwhite
Scrappy
rocket_rooster
Gingernuts
bayman
waddayamean
Scrunch
UncleHuey
Lee
southern bulldog
Big Phil
eartotheground
Brucetiki
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The 2021 Coaching Merry-Go-Round! Hop on board! - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2021 Coaching Merry-Go-Round! Hop on board!

Post by Lee Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:18 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
Flag No.10 wrote:Colville is contracted for next year and I don't think the SANFL would look favourably on a club like West paying out a coach, i.e. they'd basically block it I reckon, by threatening to withhold funding to the club.

Is this possible? Whilst it might not make good sense to remove and pay out a coach in this current environment, I think it is stepping over the line if the sanfl starts dictating how clubs engage and remove coaches.

However, a thought sprung to mind, with West's new board structure does this bring such a scenario closer to happening?

I guess, has there been evidence over the last 18 months or so, of the sanfl meddling in West's board's operations? Maybe I might be making conspiracy theories out of nothing!

You will be interested in my book in that case, Chambo. It might shed some light.

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

The 2021 Coaching Merry-Go-Round! Hop on board! - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2021 Coaching Merry-Go-Round! Hop on board!

Post by Lee Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:49 am

Nice to see the Bloods get up last night, but I was shocked at how bad Norwood were.  Their game plan is terrible and the players looked as if they'd rather be anywhere else.

All is not well at the Parade.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:43 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Well you never know!

Well I've heard you are !- and so are 2 other clubs!

There currently is a lot of off field maneuvering going on  in the SANFL>
From what Ive heard 3 clubs are in the market -at least -for a new coach in 2021.- It seems 2 clubs are fighting over the services of one candidate, so he'll be the richer for that exercise!
Apparently one incumbent has signed already for an interstate gig in 2021.
Another has fallen out of favour with his board and also a local Hotel.........

please note this post 3 weeks ago... Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:05 pm

It's official

https://cdfc.com.au/news/senior-coaching-situation/

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:14 pm

The Blues have sought not to reappoint Nathan Grima.
As speculated does this open the door for a Mattner return?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:53 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:The Blues have sought not to reappoint Nathan Grima.

You would think that Mattner would be in the picture , but I know for sure that he's spoken with another club a few weeks ago
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick1 Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:16 pm

Bryce Gibbs to coach Brighton and Kaine Stevens to follow
merrick1
merrick1

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:52 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:The Blues have sought not to reappoint Nathan Grima.

You would think that Mattner would be in the picture , but I know for sure that he's spoken with another club a few weeks ago

I'm sure I heard Centrals mentioned.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:28 am

I’m confused by the change of title of this thread, start a new one because the title has no relevance to the majority of the conversation, very confusing to say the least
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:31 am

I believe it changed when the coaching discussion became a bit wider than just Warren's movements.
Mia Culpa. I think I contributed a bit to that.

Maybe a new thread would have been better.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:02 am

Announced on Ch7 that Mattner heading back to Unley.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:49 am

...and Paul Thomas to the Dogs.

We seem to be firmly in an era of coaches who played primarily in the 2000's now. It is surprising a little that the Dogs era of massive success has not spawned more senior coaches by now.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:51 pm

Jarrod Wright signed for 2 more years at South- great news!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:12 pm

Gavin Colville to step down as Senior Coach

Gavin Colville has decided to step down as Senior Coach of the West Adelaide Football Club.

After beginning his time at West Adelaide as the coach of the reserves team in 2016, Gavin departs the club after three seasons as Senior Coach. Colville was still contracted to coach in 2021 but has decided the time is right for him to move on.

West Adelaide CEO Ben Hopkins said Gavin had put all he could into the role.

“Gavin has been an unbelievable leader and an asset to our club. We are disappointed to see him go, but understand and support the decision he has made.”

Hopkins also paid tribute to Colville’s contribution in saying “Gavin’s dedication to the Club has been outstanding and in a year interrupted by COVID, he has worked tirelessly to ensure the culture of the group remains strong. While it was a tough year on the field, Gavin has played a huge role in the development of the playing group.”

We would like to thank Gavin for everything he has contributed to the Club and we wish him and his family all the best in the future.

The Club will announce the process for recruiting the Senior Coach in the near future.
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:18 pm

Geez a lot of coaches leaving
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:56 pm

When was the last time that so many coaches have left or sacked in one season.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:34 pm

2020 Minor round finish

1 WT
2 NA
3 SA
4 GL
8 WA

'Underlying' factor in all of the coaches who have been replaced
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:34 am

perhaps another coach maybe on the move also...
and Norwood have spoken to a former South Adelaide Coach....
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:59 am

blueandwhite wrote:perhaps another coach maybe on the move also...

If you are talking about the Mark Stone rumours then I can tell you categorically that he’ll be coaching Glenelg in season 2021
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:33 pm

bayman wrote:

If you are talking about the Mark Stone rumours then I can tell you categorically that he’ll be coaching Glenelg in season 2021

Cool Cool Cool
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:51 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
bayman wrote:

Cool Cool Cool

bit childish......however at the time i posted that it was TRUE, in fact i was with a regular league player at the time & that player received a text from Mark Stone telling him (i presume every player got the text) stating that the rumours of him leaving & going to W.A. is false & he isn't going anywhere

now you can be childish all you want but if i were you i'd be worrying about your 57 year premiership DROUGHT & doing something about that
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:40 pm

I apologize Bayman, I know its been a rough week for you, and yes I know what its like for people to have a crack at you......
as you mention Ive been putting up with that for 56 years., so far.....
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:44 am

Maybe the Bays could go for the runner up to Stone when he got the Bay job. Oops, sorry, that was Jade Sheedy.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3