The 2021 Coaching Merry-Go-Round! Hop on board!

+18
goddy11
merrick1
whybother
Flag No.10
Chambo Off To Work We Go
blueandwhite
Scrappy
rocket_rooster
Gingernuts
bayman
waddayamean
Scrunch
UncleHuey
Lee
southern bulldog
Big Phil
eartotheground
Brucetiki
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The 2021 Coaching Merry-Go-Round! Hop on board! - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2021 Coaching Merry-Go-Round! Hop on board!

Post by Gingernuts Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Time for Dugga to come back and coach the mighty Langhorne Creek Hawks back to the top of the table where they belong!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The 2021 Coaching Merry-Go-Round! Hop on board! - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2021 Coaching Merry-Go-Round! Hop on board!

Post by rocket_rooster Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:12 pm

Scrappy wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Jarrod Cotton a chance?

WOODS
BAHR
PLUNKETT
MILLHOUSE
PACKHAM
HUTTON
LEAHY
WHITE
SCOTT
WADHAM
LILL
ACKLAND
JOHNSON
SEXTON
WOODROOFE
ARTHUR
HARDIMAN
SMITH
MCCALLUM
OATEY.J
BUNTON
KILLIGREW
OLDS
OATEY.R
HAMMOND
BALME
RHODE
ROBERTS
MACCA
LEWIS
HILL
cotton
BASSETT
WARREN

If Jarrod Cotton is appointed ,I will assume that he becomes the only man to coach the Norwood football club twice in 2 stints since 1909
That is unless there were other other interim or fill in coaches since 1909 that have done the same

Jarrod Cotton coached out the 2009 season when he replaced Trevor Hill

Haydn Bunton coached Norwood in 1957-58 and again in 1965-67 I think.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:11 pm

Correct Rocket_Rooster , good pick up
Bunton had 2 stints on the dates you have posted
He was actually a teenager in his first stint
He then went to WA and returned to re-coach the club

Rocket_Rooster did you ever play footy as a ruck rover or rover ?
You are always on the ball !

GEOFF BANGER BAYNES
Another ex Southee has relinquished a position with the NFC
Geoff Banger Baynes has retired as the CEO of Norwood
His position as CEO will be taken over by James Fantasia

My dealings at the club with Ben Warren and Banger have been excellent
Ben is an excellent coach , other SANFL clubs should be seeking his services
Geoff recently did a great favor for a deceased member of the Norwood Football club , something the family and I appreciated greatly at the time, and will forever

Banger, Dugga , a couple of bonza blokes
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:05 pm

Well removing Ben Warren has worked wonders for Norwood, without knowing the length of the Jarrod Cottons’ contract you’d have to think he’s in trouble if they miss the four....I’ve often heard about the Norm Smith curse at Melbourne after he as a premiership coach was sacked so perhaps there is the Ben Warren curse at Norwood !!!! On a serious note given Ben Warrens’ sacking/removal was directed from the board should the board go if Cotton goes? One would think so, especially given their star studded line up
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:12 am

With so much talent, it's strange that Norwood's form has been so patchy.

I don't think it's an issue of Board sackings though.

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:11 pm

agree re Ben Warren, to a point.
Im fairly sure you wouldnt meet a nicer bloke in footy anywhere.
However he Coached Norwood to a flag on the back of Bassetts very successful tenure, and the unlimited resources Norwood seem to have to attract top end talent.
So his success at Norwood would have to be viewed with some amount of scepticism.
Re Cotton. I'd suggest that given the team they have on paper, anything less than a flag would be considered a failure, and if they fail to make the finals ........ if I were him, I'd leave the country..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:49 pm

Warren was also at the Blues as an Assistant during the 17 success too.

So he didn't do a whole lot wrong you would think over those 3 years.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:59 pm

I think it’s fair to say Norwood have made a mistake this time around, he lost 10-12 players plus salary cap penalties & still won a flag against a full complement of afl players, they change coaches & they haven’t done that much
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:46 pm

They won’t be winning a flag this year which means the Ben Warren curse is alive & well

Who will coach Norwood next year ? I ask because surely Jarrod Cotton won’t be
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:13 am

Where is Warren now? Has he gone back to Langhorne Creek?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:18 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Where is Warren now? Has he gone back to Langhorne Creek?

No,he's progressed from previous gigs and is now the Forward Line coach at his original SANFL club...South Adelaide.

Why do you ask..? are you looking for a coach...?? Cool
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:48 am

Well you never know!
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:04 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Well you never know!

Well I've heard you are !- and so are 2 other clubs!

There currently is a lot of off field maneuvering going on in the SANFL>
From what Ive heard 3 clubs are in the market -at least -for a new coach in 2021.- It seems 2 clubs are fighting over the services of one candidate, so he'll be the richer for that exercise!
Apparently one incumbent has signed already for an interstate gig in 2021.
Another has fallen out of favour with his board and also a local Hotel.........
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:51 pm

Another sub par performance & now arguably their best player Matt Panos is out for the year, I’m sorry but with that star studded lineup something isn’t quite right, however when you sack a premiership coach you reap the “rewards” that come, whether its the coach, bad luck or the Ben Warren curse who knows, I just think the coach has to go & get someone new in there to revitalise the place
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:51 pm

Norwood are surprisingly bad given their list. I had them pegged as a top 2 team at the start of the year.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:25 pm

Well Norwood supporters, what happens now ?

Do they sack the coach ?

Do they let some senior players go ?

Do they start injecting youth into the league team from 2021 ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:36 pm

bayman wrote:Well Norwood supporters, what happens now ?

Do they sack the coach ?

Do they let some senior players go ?

Do they start injecting youth into the league team from 2021 ?

If they let some of the senior players go, who will replace them? Their Reserves will be battling West for the spoon next week, and could only muster 1.3 against Sturt the other week. While their u/18's are 2nd, you can't parachute a heap of kids straight into the League side. Depth would be quite the concern at the Parade.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:12 pm

Bit of irony of the SA win over NW
NW losing ends their season, missing finals
In the SA coaching staff is Ben Warren
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:55 pm

I think Norwood need an injection of players with AFL experience..... Laughing
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:07 pm

Ben Warren portfolio
Premiership player Norwood
Premiership coach Norwood
Premiership support coach Sturt
Premiership support coach South Adelaide ?

Surely a SANFL team will sign Ben up to coach again
Wont be at SA at this stage , Jarrad Wright is doing a great job with the panthers
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:41 pm

With Glenelg and Sturt rumoured to be looking for new coaches, could Mick Godden get the nod? Just moved on from the Crows.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:40 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:With Glenelg and Sturt rumoured to be looking for new coaches, could Mick Godden get the nod? Just moved on from the Crows.

i've heard that too but i also heard that West could be looking too, if true there could be a homecoming for Mick Godden
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:39 pm

Colville is contracted for next year and I don't think the SANFL would look favourably on a club like West paying out a coach, i.e. they'd basically block it I reckon, by threatening to withhold funding to the club.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:59 am

Flag No.10 wrote:Colville is contracted for next year and I don't think the SANFL would look favourably on a club like West paying out a coach, i.e. they'd basically block it I reckon, by threatening to withhold funding to the club.

Is this possible? Whilst it might not make good sense to remove and pay out a coach in this current environment, I think it is stepping over the line if the sanfl starts dictating how clubs engage and remove coaches.

However, a thought sprung to mind, with West's new board structure does this bring such a scenario closer to happening?

I guess, has there been evidence over the last 18 months or so, of the sanfl meddling in West's board's operations? Maybe I might be making conspiracy theories out of nothing!
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:51 am

"Maybe I might be making conspiracy theories out of nothing!"....that's how all the best conspiracies are maid.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next