R6 - Adelaide v Freo & Richmond v Port

5 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

R6 - Adelaide v Freo & Richmond v Port Empty R6 - Adelaide v Freo & Richmond v Port

Post by Gingernuts Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:49 pm

Adelaide back up their disappointing last gasp loss with a chance to boost some percentage at home against a horrible and injury riddled Fremantle outfit.

Port have a very winnable game against the Tigers in Melbourne.

Post away.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

R6 - Adelaide v Freo & Richmond v Port Empty Re: R6 - Adelaide v Freo & Richmond v Port

Post by Gingernuts Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:52 pm

I reckon Adelaide will belt the living suitcase out of Fremantle this Saturday.

They will equal parts encouraged, and equal parts filthy about last weeks game and will be keen on backing it up with a ruthless effort this week.

The margin will be 10 - 20 goals I reckon. Freo just don't have the cattle on the park to go with Adelaide at the moment.

As for Port, I think they will actually get up this week. It will be a close one, but Richmond also have some injury concerns and I reckon Port will get up by about 15 points.

Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

R6 - Adelaide v Freo & Richmond v Port Empty Re: R6 - Adelaide v Freo & Richmond v Port

Post by bayman Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:38 pm

Adelaide easily & the other game, well both being ''non winners'' so far this year, i'll tip a draw
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:22 am

Don't underestimate Freo. Upset in the making here.

Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:58 am

Paul wrote:Don't underestimate Freo. Upset in the making here.

Maybe last year or the year before Adelaide would let a game like this slip. I don't think they will this year though.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:51 pm

Adelaide v Fremantle –

Free kick, Hawthorn and hasn’t the sulking gone on and on and on? Anyone would think the Crow faithful are blaming the umps for that one. Meanwhile West is far from best, the Shockers drop one at home to Carlton to go 0-5, without giving my tip away, soon to be 0-6.

Taking on all comers at the moment and only the Roos and Hawks, class outfits, have beaten them. Still need to tighten up in defence, sure they’re scoring from the back half but when they turn it over the opposition get I50 pretty easily as they scamper back. Adelaide with the most rebound 50’s in the league, sides get behind them, but they also turn this into attack and can hurt you really badly from the wing to goal face in the blink of a David McKay eye looking at someone closing in on him. Boo!

What can we make of Ross’ losses other than the sytem stinks more than a feed of sushi at the footy. Pretty much dead last in all the attacking numbers, 18th for I50’s, 16th for points for, 14th for contested possession, 17th for total disposals and now without Fyfe, Sandilands and Johnson for extended periods of time. It doesn’t look like turning anytime soon. Beware a wounded champion, but these guys have never been the champion.

I reckon this one is set to be dead set ugly, Fremantle will just sit back and take a pounding from Adelaide’s mids and half backs and I can see Adelaide winning by 80+ here. Freo have won the last 4, matters zilch here, Adelaide by plenty. Could be triple figures. 90 points.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Richmond v Port –

If FNF is a tantalising prospect this one has **** sandwich written all over it. Richmond are stinking it up all over the place and the Tigger train is grinding to a halt and Port cough up the pill faster than a kid on a capsule. Urrghh.

I’ll wrap both teams up in one. Port take the least amount of marks in the competition ( total and I50 ), cough it up with clangers all over the place and get burnt with it going the other way as they are currently 18th for disposal efficiency, the once strength of this side. Richmond just stink, bar the win over the Blues in round 1 they’ve been winless, they lay less tackles than any team, 18th for 1%’ers, they’ve got no ticker at the moment. It shows with those numbers, no hustle at all. Port, with all the balls ups, do more 1%’ers than anyone else. Despite copping more than his fair whack, Lobbe is 6th in the competition for hit outs, with the Tigers best, Hampson, the least productive lead ruckman going around. Mind you, he goes to bed with Megan Gale so like he gives a ****. Maric will provide more resistance, but might be a bit flat after just one run at this level for the year. Port have at least played a couple of solid quarters this year, the Tigers not really. If Port piece together an hour of close to their best, they win.

Without Rance down back the Tigers will struggle with Dixon and Westhoff getting a chance to find some ball in the air, if the backs and mids don’t turn it over on the way. Fair dinkum season over for the loser and rotten times for the supporters of that side. Port should make it 3-3 and win by about 4 goals. Too much on the line for Port here. *Please please please*
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:12 pm

Booney wrote:Adelaide v Fremantle –

Free kick, Hawthorn and hasn’t the sulking gone on and on and on? Anyone would think the Crow faithful are blaming the umps for that one. Meanwhile West is far from best, the Shockers drop one at home to Carlton to go 0-5, without giving my tip away, soon to be 0-6.

Taking on all comers at the moment and only the Roos and Hawks, class outfits, have beaten them. Still need to tighten up in defence, sure they’re scoring from the back half but when they turn it over the opposition get I50 pretty easily as they scamper back. Adelaide with the most rebound 50’s in the league, sides get behind them, but they also turn this into attack and can hurt you really badly from the wing to goal face in the blink of a David McKay eye looking at someone closing in on him. Boo!

What can we make of Ross’ losses other than the sytem stinks more than a feed of sushi at the footy. Pretty much dead last in all the attacking numbers, 18th for I50’s, 16th for points for, 14th for contested possession, 17th for total disposals and now without Fyfe, Sandilands and Johnson for extended periods of time. It doesn’t look like turning anytime soon. Beware a wounded champion, but these guys have never been the champion.

I reckon this one is set to be dead set ugly, Fremantle will just sit back and take a pounding from Adelaide’s mids and half backs and I can see Adelaide winning by 80+ here. Freo have won the last 4, matters zilch here, Adelaide by plenty. Could be triple figures. 90 points.

No doubt you would've taken it on the chin though had it been Port, hey Booney? Port fans wouldn't have pointed the finger at all, we all know they're above that..... Rolling Eyes

Anyways, no sulking from this Crows fan. Was I filthy that we lost in part due to the umpiring? Yes. There were other moments that could have easily closed out the game though. Brodie Smith's wayward pass to Paul Seedsman in particular, had he hit the target then that would most likely resulted in a goal for Adelaide which would've put them 4 goals up with about 4 - 5 minutes to play. Would've been game over I reckon.

I was over it pretty quickly. Adelaide played a ripping game with a blemish or two at the end, we're 3 - 2 a quarter of a way through a tough draw and have been in every game we've played so far. Not much to complain about at all so far in 2016.

Lachie Neale now in doubt for Freo. Adelaide will destroy them.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:15 pm

Sure looks like sulking from someone who isn't sulking.... Laughing

No doubt you would've taken it on the chin though had it been Port, hey Booney? Port fans wouldn't have pointed the finger at all, we all know they're above that..... Rolling Eyes
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:17 pm

How is that sulking?

You have the air of a desperate man about you Booney. Very little ammunition for you so far in 2016 hey mate?
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:28 pm

Oh purrlease.

You're not sulking but "Wouldn't have said anything if it was Port....boo hoo" Laughing

Little ammunition? No ****, don't need to work for NASA to work that out...well done! LMFAO
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:07 pm

Booney wrote:Oh purrlease.

You're not sulking but "Wouldn't have said anything if it was Port....boo hoo" Laughing

Little ammunition? No ****, don't need to work for NASA to work that out...well done! LMFAO

Cripes mate.

Grasping. At. Straws.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:15 pm

Shocked

I said you're sulking, I've got no ammunition, which bit isn't true?
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:38 pm

Mate, all I did was suggest that any supporter would've been a bit filthy about the way Friday night's game ended up, including you and yours.

Judging by the amount of rhetoric coming from neutral viewers, commentators and experts across the board in the wake of the game, this observation is a valid one. I mean it birthed a meme run of social media FFS.

How you believe that me making this observation equates to me having a sook is beyond me, and smacks of a desperate Port fan clinging to whatever skerrick of possible half sledge material they can find. I mean come on mate, you're not down to that level already are you?
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:50 pm

Well, the next round is about to start....
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:56 pm

Port supporters should worry about their own club at the moment....
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:58 am

Paul wrote:Port supporters should worry about their own club at the moment....

Yeah, see, my write ups include all the games, therefore all the sides and you don't think we are?

Sensitive souls. Laughing
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:20 am

Righto, enough of the fishing trip Boonster. Were sooks, you're awesome, whatever. Back to this weeks games.

Port have made a fair statement at the selection table this week. Sounds like most fans are happy with it as well.

Adelaide have gone in unchanged, with Milera and Crouch coming through the SANFL. Magnificent position to be in to be able to bring players of that quality back in through the seconds. Some fair pressure coming from the SANFL side on all positions in the AFL too.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:44 am

Me fishing? Jog on. I did my weekly write up, you took exception to some of it. Not my problem.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:03 pm

Yes. I'm the one who's taken exception to something in this thread.

More fool me for calling you out oh wise one.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:05 pm

Some interesting changes this week for Port. Thought Lobbe was unlucky, he has become a whipping boy. How Westhoff survives amazes me, I thought he has looked very average all year and not that interested.

I think Port may sneak a win this week. Not that they will play great footy, just that Richmond never win when they are favourites. A case of the least worst team wins.Smile
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:21 pm

When I saw the outs I initially thought that Hinkley has swung the axe, didn't realise some were due to injury.

They were saying on the radio that basically 9 first choice players are out for Port this week. Yea, that'll test your depth.

Strangely enough though it hasn't made me chance my tip, I'm with you UH, I reckon Port will show some ticker and get up.

The heat will really be on Hardwick if that happens!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:43 pm

Carlile, Wingard, Gray, White injured, Trengove suspended, Lobbe dropped, Ryder and Monfries not available.

Full back, centre half back, 2 ruckman ( one dropped, so available, just not picked ) two best small forwards, mid size forward and outside runner.

Can't help, can it?
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:52 pm

All bullshit aside Booney - do you still hold out hope of making finals this year? Or do you reckon you're cooked?

If you lose this weekend, I think it might be "stick a fork in" time.

Really is nothing between best and worst in the comp is there? Pre-season most would've seen this match up and badged it as a potential top of the table clash. Would not have picked it to end up being an arm wrestle to just stay in the race.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:13 pm

2-3 now, Richmond, Brisbane, Carlton, West Coast, Melbourne, Collingwood.

Win 3-4 of them ( Brisbane, Carlton and Collingwood should be wins...SHOULD! ) and be 6-5 or 5-6 and it's still a chance. Win less than 3 of the next 6 and we'll be 4-7 and done.

Not done yet, but with keys like Wingard and Gray missing and the form we're in I'm not booking flights to Melbourne in September.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next