R5 - Hawks v Adelaide & Port v Geelong

5 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

R5 - Hawks v Adelaide & Port v Geelong Empty R5 - Hawks v Adelaide & Port v Geelong

Post by Gingernuts Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:41 pm

Big weekend coming up again for both local sides.

Adelaide take on Hawthorn in a massive Friday night clash at the MCG.

Port will be looking to respond after another putrid showing against the visiting Geelong.

Discuss away.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

R5 - Hawks v Adelaide & Port v Geelong Empty Re: R5 - Hawks v Adelaide & Port v Geelong

Post by Gingernuts Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:42 pm

News out today that Wayne Milera will miss this week with a quad strain.

Will be interesting to see what direction the selection panel will take with his replacement. Plenty of options in super form in the SANFL side at the moment.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

R5 - Hawks v Adelaide & Port v Geelong Empty Re: R5 - Hawks v Adelaide & Port v Geelong

Post by bayman Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:01 pm

Adelaide & Geelong both easily, Geelong more so
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:50 pm

Some talk of Crouch being ready for a return this week. If he does I reckon they'll put him through the SANFL.

A lot of people are advocating for Charlie Cameron to come in, but I'd be bringing in Riley Knight personally. He played against Richmond a couple of weeks ago and played his role well, I'd be giving him another crack.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by William Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:02 am

It would be great to see Riley Knight come into replace Wayne Milera, I am thinking Hawthorn to just get over Adelaide, Brad Crouch should play about a month in the SANFL before I would play him in the AFL.
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:06 am

I think Brad Crouch was selected in the senior side from round one because we though we needed his obvious talent in the middle.

The last few weeks have shown though that we have the depth to allow him to reach peak form and fitness in the SANFL before coming back into the side, which is fantastic for both him and the Club.

I'm really liking the way the Club has managed injuries so far this year. As soon as there's an inkling of something they've yanked them out of the side - Milera and example of that this week.

I think Adelaide will get the points tomorrow night. I just think they are the most disciplined, team oriented outfit in the competition at the moment and will get the job done.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:53 pm

Not expecting an Adelaide win, just hope we're competitive. Would undo a lot of hard work and respect if we lose by 70 or 80 points.

Really hoping Geelong win, they play us here in about a month, reckon we're a better a chance if they win this week and it's unlikely they'll go 0 and 2 in their Adelaide trips.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:10 pm

geez Paul can't believe the negativity, if ever Adelaide is going to beat a good Hawthorn team it will be this week, i think they'll (Adelaide) win comfortably, Hawthorn may be winning (sign of a good team) but they are hardly running at full steam ahead yet
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:48 am

Well, Adelaide are a very good side, just needing to tidy up a few things.

I gave up talking about umpires long ago (I think), but Adelaide were dudded in the last 10 minutes.

Our small defenders looked a bit slow and we were smashed at the centre clearances. I really like McGovern, he adds another type to our attack.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:47 am

Well, after having the whole weekend to ponder that game I've decided that it was definitely a positive one for Adelaide, despite the lack of 4 points at the end of it.

On the back of it you have to say that Adelaide has a legitimate shot at a top 4 berth this season, and I don't think Hawthorn will be as lucky next time around if we end up playing them again come September (big call I know, but there it is!).

Adelaide are playing with an intensity and focus that I haven't witnessed in a long, long time. They look like a very tight knit group and they are clearly loving Pyke as their coach.

Really enjoying watching them play each week, and it seems I'm not the only one.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down