2015 Australia V New Zealand Test series

+2
Booney
Paul
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2015 Australia V New Zealand Test series - Page 2 Empty Re: 2015 Australia V New Zealand Test series

Post by Scrappy Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:05 am

Agree Gingernuts
3 action packed days in bowler friendly games are better to watch than 5 day batting borefests
BUT
4-5 day Test matches when batting and bowling conditions are more even would be even better
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

2015 Australia V New Zealand Test series - Page 2 Empty Re: 2015 Australia V New Zealand Test series

Post by Gingernuts Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:14 pm

Scrappy wrote:Agree Gingernuts
3 action packed days in bowler friendly games are better to watch than 5 day batting borefests
BUT
4-5 day Test matches when batting and bowling conditions are more even would be even better

I don't reckon that can be rectified by tweaking the pitch. That pitch wasn't ridiculous, it could have facilitated 4 - 5 days with patient batting. Perhaps the ball was a bit more volatile, but no more than the Duke is in England.

IMO it comes down to the lack of patience in the modern batsman. The game has been so one sided for such a long time they no longer understand that test matches are supposed to be a 'test'.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:05 pm

Scrappy wrote:Agree Gingernuts
BUT

Agree. Much better match then the first 2 but no-one will be happy if 3 day test matches become the norm.

Perhaps a little less grass on the pitch. At end of play there wasn't a crack to be seen and it still had a green tinge which is not what you expect after 3 days of test cricket. I'm not a greenkeeper but perhaps less grass will give us 4 scores of 250 to 300 an innings and a 4 to 5 day match.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2