Andrew Moore they're appealing WTF !!!!!

+8
Booney
Southee
testy
Thiele
Scrunch
UncleHuey
columbo
Ben W
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Andrew Moore they're appealing WTF !!!!! Empty Andrew Moore they're appealing WTF !!!!!

Post by bayman Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:09 pm

i borrowed BP's post & copied the link below

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-04-20/moore-to-face-tribunal

now
i heard that on the radio, i can not believe in this day & age this appeal is happening, they ram down our throats for KIDS to be respecting the umpires in all ways, don't abuse, don't TOUCH etc, so now an AFL franchise has the audacity to challenge, it shows straight away Port has no respect for the umpire concern or indeed the penalty given & i dare say for the entire competition........if i was a 19 year old last pick player at a league (any) club & did this, do you think my club (any) would appeal ?

this is a JOKE by PORT & PORT in this case is a JOKE

what message does this send KIDS ? who are the the future of the sport

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Andrew Moore they're appealing WTF !!!!! Empty Re: Andrew Moore they're appealing WTF !!!!!

Post by columbo Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:30 pm

Was expecting it to have been much worse than it looked on TV. Not surprised they have appealed, Have seen accidental contact that looked harder than that, but agree they need to send a message, maybe give him a 5 grand fine instead of games?
columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Andrew Moore they're appealing WTF !!!!! Empty Re: Andrew Moore they're appealing WTF !!!!!

Post by Scrunch Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:53 pm

Always thought new evidence was required for an appeal, or is that just at AFL level?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:21 pm

What a utter joke !

If this was any other SANFL club I doubt they would appeal but since one of their AFL players in injuried and they want him replaced they appeal ! No wonder I despise Port !

Great message for the kids out there !

Agree 100% with you Bayman - it's a disgrace !
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:35 pm

Would have thought they have the right to appeal like any other club?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Scrunch wrote:Would have thought they have the right to appeal like any other club?

Would they though ?? Could our other non-AFL teams afford lawyers etc.......??

I doubt it .
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Southee wrote:
Scrunch wrote:Would have thought they have the right to appeal like any other club?

I doubt it .

Are you saying no Sanfl club has appealed a tribunal verdict or sentence before?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:20 pm

Never herd an SANFL appeal been talked so much about. Maybe because it has to be an Local AFL team involed
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:28 pm

Scrunch wrote:
Southee wrote:

I doubt it .

Are you saying no Sanfl club has appealed a tribunal verdict or sentence before?

No, but I am saying local SANFL clubs do NOT have unlimited cash like Port Power reserves to fork out on lawyers to fight the penalty. They would probably think twice about it.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:30 pm

There have been several appeals from traditional SANFL clubs in recent years I would have thought?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:06 pm

Let them appeal, then increase their sentence by a further week on appeal..

Personally I thought the content was weak and not deserving of any real punishment bar a warning. Yet I concede also that if they do it for one then they have to keep on doing it in other cases. If they set a precedent by letting someone off then they end up having to do it for everyone else.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by columbo Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:17 pm

This got a run on AFL 360 tonight, only had it on in the background but Mark Robinson sounded as though he thought 3 was fair.
columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:33 pm

I would have thought that 2 or 3 was fair. It was very minor but there is a set in cement rule in all levels of AFL - you do not touch the umpire.
He had to be suspended or we have set a precedent that it is OK to give the ump a bit of a shove if you are frustrated.
It is the ugliest thing about soccer, players getting in the face of the ref and touching him and waving arms around like windmills. Never want to see it in our game.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:12 pm

Seriously bayman, take your tinfoil hat off mate.

The aliens aren't going to come and probe you, the government isn't going to stick a microchip under your skin....what about the kids, the future of our sport....lmfao!

No respect for the umpire or the competition? How the **** would you know?

What happened shouldn't happen, players should not touch umpires, but 3 weeks, seriously? And then you don't think Port have the right to appeal?

Of course not, you were of the understanding Essendon couldn't appeal either....

Thank Christ there was footage of this, the anti-Port Adelaide conspiracy can keep the barrow rolling along. If there was no footage, that would have been Port's fault for having it destroyed!

( PS - We faked the moon landing, Elvis works in our administration department and Jimmy Hendrix is the Magpies boot cleaner )
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:54 pm

Are you ever going to let Harold Holt out?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:45 pm

Scrunch wrote:Are you ever going to let Harold Holt out?

In a word, no. Laughing
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:37 pm

3 Weeks will stand appeal Dismiss
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:38 pm

The SANFL issued a statement when they handed down the suspension and they have obviously stuck by it, hands off umpires. Pretty simple really. Rolling Eyes

testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:17 pm

Booney wrote:Seriously bayman, take your tinfoil hat off mate.

The aliens aren't going to come and probe you, the government isn't going to stick a microchip under your skin....what about the kids, the future of our sport....lmfao!

What happened shouldn't happen, players should not touch umpires, but 3 weeks, seriously? And then you don't think Port have the right to appeal?

Of course not, you were of the understanding Essendon couldn't appeal either....

Thank Christ there was footage of this, the anti-Port Adelaide conspiracy can keep the barrow rolling along. If there was no footage, that would have been Port's fault for having it destroyed!

( PS - We faked the moon landing, Elvis works in our administration department and Jimmy Hendrix is the Magpies boot cleaner )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Booney,
               My post is not an anti port conspiracy post at all, I post things as I see it,  I even posted about my team Glenelg when questioning about their fitnes on the fitness thread, your problem is you are a one eyed Port man or whoever they are these days  Razz , you defend them on every opinion offered, i can not recall posting that they haven't a right to appeal, if i have please show me, i am objective on all football matters, are you ? i presume your happy for ANY player to man handle an umpire whether it be with no malice like Moore or the brain fade by John Bourke (Collingwood) many many years ago, just because this player (Moore) is in a Port jumper doesn't make him any more or less deserving of the penalty than any other player in the league (any league for that matter), as for respect for the umpire i (my opinion) in this case would not have appealed given the circumstances of ''umpire touching'' had they done that i think Port Australia wide would have looked more professional at accepting a decision handed down, which auotmatically says ''we do not condone umpire touching'', if two players collided then fair enough appeal it but not ''umpire touching'' because as i said it sends the wrong message to kids & that is true whether you like to believe it or not, one last request with kids reading footy forums among other things they do, could you please refrain from blaspheming as it isn't a good look & they shouldn't have to read it

love bayman xxx
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:13 pm

Say anything against Port these days or even question something and it is seen as a anti - port conspiracy.

Best to keep mouths shut.  Shocked
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:16 pm

2 days before man landed on the moon Glenelg played Port Adelaide at the Bay
GL 13.17
PA 10-11

2 days after Elvis Presley died Port played Glenelg at Alberton
PA 17-13
GL 8-14

The day after Jimi Hendrix died Port Adelaide played Glenelg in the 1970  Preliminary Final
GL 14-20
PA 12-14

Just a bit of symmetry for Bayman and Booney !
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:25 am

Conspiracy theory all the port fans at work were going off at the SANFL. How badly they treat port Adelaide like WTF .
Simple don't touch an umpire
I'm just happy he's rubbed out for the game against the eagles
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:15 am

bayman wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Booney,
               My post is not an anti port conspiracy post at all, I post things as I see it,  I even posted about my team Glenelg when questioning about their fitnes on the fitness thread, your problem is you are a one eyed Port man or whoever they are these days  Razz , you defend them on every opinion offered, i can not recall posting that they haven't a right to appeal, if i have please show me, i am objective on all football matters, are you ? i presume your happy for ANY player to man handle an umpire whether it be with no malice like Moore or the brain fade by John Bourke (Collingwood) many many years ago, just because this player (Moore) is in a Port jumper doesn't make him any more or less deserving of the penalty than any other player in the league (any league for that matter), as for respect for the umpire i (my opinion) in this case would not have appealed given the circumstances of ''umpire touching'' had they done that i think Port Australia wide would have looked more professional at accepting a decision handed down, which auotmatically says ''we do not condone umpire touching'', if two players collided then fair enough appeal it but not ''umpire touching'' because as i said it sends the wrong message to kids & that is true whether you like to believe it or not, one last request with kids reading footy forums among other things they do, could you please refrain from blaspheming as it isn't a good look & they shouldn't have to read it

love bayman xxx

I am objective, very much so, starting your argument with "who ever they are these days", regardless of any emoticon, suggests you are not on matters relating to Port Adelaide.

"Look more professional", to who, you?

Did you hear/read/dream that Port Adelaide condoned the incident? No, you didn't. Keith Thomas made it very clear that any player making deliberate contact with an umpire is unacceptable, what he and the club also felt was unacceptable was a 3 week penalty. As such they decided to appeal the decision which they have every right to do.

You see, taking a matter to an appeals board is professional, that's how matters are dealt with. Grizzling through the media, making silly statements etc would not be professional.

As for the blaspheming, I'll be buggered. I don't believe in any of that, if you're offended, so what? You're offended....ooohhhhh  Laughing

PS - Putting "WTF" in the title of this thread made for a very uncomfortable discussion with my young daughter when I had to explain what "WTF" meant....please refrain from that in the future, it isn't a good look.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:20 pm

" There could be no grey area when it came to a player making conduct with an umpire and the 3 game suspension was severe but not excessive and would remain."
BY
JUSTICE MICHAEL DAVID

" I pleaded guilty so clearly I accept that no matter what the circumstances you should never touch an umpire. I am clearly disappointed but I accept the decision and we move on "
BY
ANDREW MOORE

" It was not a push or a shove, it was a discussion.The umpire thought nothing of the touch at all...[and he said] it was no moore untoward than any other conversation he had on a football field. He didnt report Andrew Moore , he didnt even have recollection he had been touched.It is absurd to think this was a situation where a player loses his temper and touches an umpire in an aggressive manner"
BY
MARK GRIFFEN representing the appeal

Andrew Moores explanation of events best sums up matters 
BY
SCRAPPY
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:25 am

Booney wrote:
bayman wrote:

Mr Booney,

love bayman xxx

I am objective, very much so, starting your argument with "who ever they are these days", regardless of any emoticon, suggests you are not on matters relating to Port Adelaide.

"Look more professional", to who, you?

Did you hear/read/dream that Port Adelaide condoned the incident? No, you didn't. Keith Thomas made it very clear that any player making deliberate contact with an umpire is unacceptable, what he and the club also felt was unacceptable was a 3 week penalty. As such they decided to appeal the decision which they have every right to do.

You see, taking a matter to an appeals board is professional, that's how matters are dealt with. Grizzling through the media, making silly statements etc would not be professional.

As for the blaspheming, I'll be buggered. I don't believe in any of that, if you're offended, so what? You're offended....ooohhhhh  Laughing

PS - Putting "WTF" in the title of this thread made for a very uncomfortable discussion with my young daughter when I had to explain what "WTF" meant....please refrain from that in the future, it isn't a good look.

what is wrong with ''what the freak'' ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next