Gary McIntosh

4 posters

Go down

Gary McIntosh  Empty Gary McIntosh

Post by Ben W Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:21 pm

Former Norwood player and Senior Coach Gary McIntosh has been given life membership at Payneham Norwood Union FC. Its interesting that the article states in his time there, "The 50-year-old took over as the Falcons’ senior coach in 2005 when the A-grade was languishing in division four. Since then, McIntosh has coached the side to premierships in division four, three and two this year".

I am guessing winning the flag in Div 2 means promotion to Div 1 for this season, will be interesting to see how he goes!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/former-norwood-footballer-garry-mcintosh-given-life-membership-of-payneham-norwood-union/story-fnii5yv5-1227092153871?nk=69ef835f1e9052bda423ea5b3ed5f29b
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Gary McIntosh  Empty Re: Gary McIntosh

Post by Lee Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:52 pm

McIntosh was not only a great player, but a very loyal man.

To be much admired.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:35 am

He has previously coached them into Div 1. They were relegated back to Div 2 and 3 in successive years iirc.

Played cricket against him and he is a fantastic bloke.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:16 am

There were many at NFC that, despite letting him go, are/were strong believers that he could seriously coach. I think he was coaching at Norwood at an unfortunate time - There was little money and the club was very split off-field. The turnover of players was huge losing over 20 players across 24 months that had AFL or senior SANFL experience in most cases. The biggest knock on Macca back then was that his training regime was too time intensive for part-time footballers. I'm not suggesting he would be a successful SANFL coach, Im not in a position to make an educated comment on it because as we've seen with someone like Trevor Hill, there's a vast difference between success at Amateur level as opposed to SANFL level. It is great to see the awards and recognition that has come his way in recent years. The man is truly a living legend in South Australian football and deserves every accolade that comes his way.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down