+3
Gingernuts
bayman
Chambo Off To Work We Go
7 posters

Go down

Boomer's Angel of Mercy Empty Boomer's Angel of Mercy

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:55 pm

Reckon Boomer Harvey owes Joel Selwood a bottle of Grange after his "Angel of Mercy" efforts in getting Harvey off the bump charge.

The bloke who next week may feel like the world's biggest sinner is Nat Fyfe if he misses a Brownlow for pretty much the same thing.

This whole bump cr@p has got to be fixed. Blokes missing games for minor knocks to the head just ain't footy.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Boomer's Angel of Mercy Empty Re: Boomer's Angel of Mercy

Post by bayman Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:54 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Reckon Boomer Harvey owes Joel Selwood a bottle of Grange after his "Angel of Mercy" efforts in getting Harvey off the bump charge.

The bloke who next week may feel like the world's biggest sinner is Nat Fyfe if he misses a Brownlow for pretty much the same thing.

This whole bump cr@p has got to be fixed. Blokes missing games for minor knocks to the head just ain't footy.

although not the players fault it is ballet` footy these days

the AFL is scared of one thing LAW SUITS & this is why they keep changing rules, laws of the game etc to protect themselves
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:00 am

Stupid decision.

Boomer is a dumb football player with a long record of doing stupid stuff like this off the ball. Should've kept the week.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:33 am

There is one thing that has never changed in football.

There are rules for well-known players, there are different rules for others.

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:36 pm

bayman wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Reckon Boomer Harvey owes Joel Selwood a bottle of Grange after his "Angel of Mercy" efforts in getting Harvey off the bump charge.

the AFL is scared of one thing LAW SUITS & this is why they keep changing rules, laws of the game etc to protect themselves

Ballet footy? How can you possibly say that.

Some of the collisions the athletes of today encounter would have put players into varying degrees of unconciousness in eras gone by.

The "game" itself is as physically demanding as it has ever been, collisions, physical clashes are faster and harder than ever.

What is true is the "bump", the "MRP" and the "Laws of the game" committee are all broken and all need fixing.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:00 pm

The whole bump issue has descended into farce. Ever since Viney got off and Goodes and Franklin seem to now have immunity, the situation has become ludicrous.
They need to set out clearly the rules and apply them consistently regardless of who does the hitting and what match it is.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:57 pm

Nathan Fyfe copped two games for the same soft collision, pathetic by the AFL to go to these extremes, but its finals time and the rules seem to be relaxed this time of the year.

Rules for some and rules for others.

testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:59 pm

Lee wrote:There is one thing that has never changed in football.

There are rules for well-known players, there are different rules for others.

i didn't want to say that but it is true
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Booney wrote:
bayman wrote:

Ballet footy? How can you possibly say that.

Some of the collisions the athletes of today encounter would have put players into varying degrees of unconciousness in eras gone by.

The "game" itself is as physically demanding as it has ever been, collisions, physical clashes are faster and harder than ever.

What is true is the "bump", the "MRP" and the "Laws of the game" committee are all broken and all need fixing.

Mr Booney,
you have misunderstood what i mean, the way the game is officiated both on & off the field makes the game ballet` footy, they had to bring in ''trial by video'' & it was brought quite correctly to clean out thugs, now players get suspended by video for every little indiscretion you could think of, if the Jackovich brothers were playing now Allan would get 4 weeks for a deliberate head high contact when he kissed his brother Glen, as i said it isn't the players fault, hell it isn't even the umpires fault, it is head office & its departments that changes rules, laws etc & they seem to change some of these for no real reason other than justifying their own importance, some changes have been good, yet the majority is knee-jerk reactions to isolated incidents in matches
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down