Scrunch
Scrappy
blueandwhite
the prowler
Brucetiki
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1st Semi Final - Sturt v South, Saturday 6 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Semi Final - Sturt v South, Saturday 6 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by blueandwhite Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:38 am

spell_check wrote:Maybe it's been said elsewhere, but that is the biggest ever win by South in a finals match, the previous highest was 50 points in the 1937 1st Semi against Torrens.  At any break during a finals match, the previous highest margin was 61 points at 3QT against Port in the following years Grand Final.  The final margin was 46 points, which was the 2nd highest margin South have won by in a finals match until last weekend.

correct me if Im wrong spelly...

you briefly refer to the1938 Grand Final..is that the game where South kicked 13 goals in the 3rd quarter??
and if so, is that the highest score kicked by a team in a quarter in a Grand Final??
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

1st Semi Final - Sturt v South, Saturday 6 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Semi Final - Sturt v South, Saturday 6 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by spell_check Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:02 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
spell_check wrote:Maybe it's been said elsewhere, but that is the biggest ever win by South in a finals match, the previous highest was 50 points in the 1937 1st Semi against Torrens.  At any break during a finals match, the previous highest margin was 61 points at 3QT against Port in the following years Grand Final.  The final margin was 46 points, which was the 2nd highest margin South have won by in a finals match until last weekend.

correct me if Im wrong spelly...

you briefly refer to the1938 Grand Final..is that the game where South kicked 13 goals in the 3rd quarter??
and if so, is that the highest score kicked by a team  in a quarter in a Grand Final??

12.4 (76). Not only the highest score in a Grand Final quarter, but any finals quarter.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:19 pm

that was when footballers were running fit athletes Very Happy
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2