Car Advice.. Empty Car Advice..

Post by A Mum Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:53 am

Hi guys Car Advice.. 2829010660

Wondering if anyone knows anything about cars here? Very Happy

My question is around the car/model: 2006 Renault Clio X65 Phase 3 Campus

Does anyone know much about Renault's:
Are parts easy to access?
Are they reliable?

I've only ever owned a Ford or a Holden before.

Thanks in advance Car Advice.. 2829010660
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Car Advice.. Empty Re: Car Advice..

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:48 am

Main North Nissan and Renault are a big dealership and have been selling Renaults for quite a few years. Probably back to 2006.

I have taken my car (Nissan) there for a number of years.

Given that Renault are Port Adelaide's sponsor, you would think they promote full service options in Adelaide.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:33 pm

Thanks COTWWG Very Happy

After all my research today it seems they are quite a reliable car - and yes Renault in Adelaide seems to offer good service.

Smile
A Mum
A Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:46 pm

Yes Mum, great little car.

Nice to drive and quite compact, might not be quite as "roomy" as a similar Mazda/VW.

How many k's? Auto/Man*?

*I know they don't make all that many auto models.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:30 pm

Excellent - thanks Booney.
Only negative comment so far has come from my brother "What do you want a Renault for???" ...lol.

I don't need much room and I don't go far.
Will have the grandkids occasionally but no road trips with them as such - so no worries there.

Here you go...

Happy to hear opinions on yay or nay Smile

Last edited by A Mum on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
A Mum
A Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:55 pm

34,000k's means you're a long way off a major service ( timing belt, platinum plugs ), they can be rather expensive ( $600-1000 ) depending on requirements for the service. ( Platinum plugs are usually on the rear of engines that run East/West and can be upwards of $250 just for the plugs! These typically last up to or more than 100,000k's where standard plugs last 60-80,000 )

You can see full service history at Main North Renault and a service is 10,000 or 6 months away. Ring Main North Renault and ask the cost of the next service and when the first major service is due on that model.

All in all, it will be a good little runabout and cheap on fuel. The only real comment I would make is the small auto if you are in hilly or country areas would be working hard up big climbs or at 100kmh.

Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:10 pm

Thanks heaps Booney Car Advice.. 2829010660

I saw your post just as we were arriving to check the car out.

I would have to go up Willunga Hill sometimes - but not often - other than that no hilly areas to contend with at all.

On the way there we did ring The Renault dealer, not the North East one but the one at Unley.  First of all we just wanted to ask them in general about the car/model itself and about cost of servicing.  Then he said if we give him the car rego number he would look up details specific to the car.

He told us that the car had a very good service history and then even though the lady was only doing 3000ks a year she had it in to be serviced liked clock work.  The major service (that yes costs around $1000) was completed in January just gone.  The timing belt (because the lady was so rigorous with doing everything right and the advice is 100,000kms or 4 years whichever comes first) was actually done in 2011/12.

We then got to the house to check out the car and it looked great, a couple of little tiny dings in it (shopping trolley and she's reversed into something small at some stage) but mostly good.  The reason for the low kilometres is she was an older lady with a medical condition so she just didn't drive it much.  Her illness now prevents her from being able to drive at all.

I hate buying cars (or anything) privately handing over my very hard earned cash....lol...so it was a relief that her nephew selling it on her behalf (he himself about 65) seemed to be really genuine and the really honest type - this also put my mind at ease.

We took it for a fairly long drive my husband testing it out first, then me because it would be my car.  As soon as I sat in it I LOVED it.

So guess what - this is now MY car   Car Advice.. 1920501681 

I picked it up this morning - just drove it home - I seriously love it and you cannot wipe the smile off my face.

Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks so much for your input guys.
A Mum
A Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:45 pm

If anyone in the Adelaide Area is looking to get there side mirrors fixed pm me and I will put you on to someone.
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down