2013 Minor Round Summary - W/WT Eagles (2nd)

2 posters

Go down

2013 Minor Round Summary - W/WT Eagles (2nd) Empty 2013 Minor Round Summary - W/WT Eagles (2nd)

Post by scott Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:49 am

2013 Minor Round Summary - W/WT Eagles (2nd) 02_eagles
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

2013 Minor Round Summary - W/WT Eagles (2nd) Empty Re: 2013 Minor Round Summary - W/WT Eagles (2nd)

Post by Brucetiki Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:29 pm

2013 Minor Round Summary - W/WT Eagles (2nd) Eagles_logo

2013 Ladder position: 4th (13-9)

2013 Form Line: WLBWWWLWLLWBWWLWLWWWBLWLL

What went right: One of the few sides to beat Norwood in 2013, and a strong start an finish to the minor round.

What went wrong: Being bundled out of the finals in straight sets with disappointing losses to West and North.

Summary: The Eagles jumped out of the blocks as one of the competition pacesetters, winning 4 of their first 5 matches, including a big win over Norwood under the Coopers Stadium lights.  Their season then had a bit of a splutter losing three of the next four matches, before getting their season back on track to finish the minor round in second place with a big win over West in the final round.

It was West who had the last laugh, however, who turned the tables on the Eagles and defeated them in the Qualifying Final the following week, before the Eagles blew a lead in limping out of the finals in straight sets with a loss to North in the First Semi Final.

The Eagles would be disappointed with their finals performance after their solid minor round effort, and would be looking to improve on their finals performace next season.  They’ve recruited some quality players, such as James Boyd, Jacob Templeton, and Michael Wundke to complement their already solid line up, and should still be up amongst the upper echelon of SANFL teams in 2014.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum