bigclock
Lee
Chambo Off To Work We Go
bayman
Scrappy
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

India v Australia Test series 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: India v Australia Test series 2013

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Scrappy wrote:Brad needs to adjust his stance preparations
Its appearing like a bad habit and needs to prepare earlier when facing bowlers

Unless there's real good reasons not to be, a batsman should be in his stance, looking at the bowler as he turns to run in.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

India v Australia Test series 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: India v Australia Test series 2013

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:53 am

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Siddle made a total of 101 runs in this Test, I wonder how many top order "batsmen" could say that this series?

Well done Nathan Lyon, made the selectors look silly once again with 9 wickets for the match.

Reckon the selectors haven't done a bad job of that themselves.
To quote the famous 70s-80s band Supertramp, "Crisis, what crisis?"
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:58 am

Test series summary

1ST TEST
AU 380 + 241
IN 572 + 2/50

2ND TEST
AU 9/237 DEC + 131
IN 503

3RD TEST
AU 408 + 223
IN 499 + 4/136

4TH TEST
AU 262 +164
IN 272 + 4/158

Australia won all 4 tosses and lost all 4 matches !

India too good for the disallusioned Australia on thier dung heeps
As Australia was too good on our pitches for the timid Indians

Shane Watson captain for the 4th test sums up things
He should have been playing District cricket on his tour form leading up to this game
He seemed to skipper the side ok for this game , he was enthusiastic and did a good job
But he made a clanger blunder
Nathan Lyon 7/94 destroyed the Indians
AU with a deficit of 10 runs, with IN to bat last must have fancied themselves to win this Test
Then it happened
Glenn Maxwell , a wonderful limited overs bash artist opens the batting
Australia has 4 opening batters in the line up
Cowan
Warner
Hughes
Watson
And Australia send out a rookie to open the batting
If anyone should have opened it should have been the captain , who as an opener is one of the best in world cricket, but in the middle order has become a liabilty

I dont want to criticise the players performances
All Test cricketers try to play to thier ability nearly almost most of the time
If you aint good enough you aint good enough in abilty or circumstances
But I do take exception to captaincy at times , Maxwellgate was a mind baffler

As for the 0-4 drubbing
It was terrible on face value
But the selectors should PERHAPS ignore what happens in India and give the guys who under performed more opportunities
Some of the balls the batters had to face were grubbering
I saw some balls in this series roll along the ground, they looked Trevor Chappellesque

This ends up at least the 4th time Australia has been been clean sweeped in a Test Series

0-3 EG 1886
0-3 PA 1982
0-4 SA 1970
0-4 IN 2013

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Scrappy wrote:
As for the 0-4 drubbing
It was terrible on face value
But the selectors should PERHAPS ignore what happens in India and give the guys who under performed more opportunities
Some of the balls the batters had to face were grubbering
I saw some balls in this series roll along the ground, they looked Trevor Chappellesque

As the great Ian Chappell says, though, if you can't successfully bat in India, you are not a genuine test cricketer. He says that you know what to expect with Indian pitches. They will always spin and keep low. It is a test of technique and footwork. Chappell played well in India. Some of the techniques of our batsmen were truly found wanting.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:29 pm

Yep, sadly we've developed a generation of "batsmen" who just want to tee off on featherbed pitches and have no techniques for survival. It's going to take years, and far less emphasis on the truncated form of the game, to get back on track.

Unfortunately, I have no faith that Australian Cricket is heeding the warning signs, they are too blinded by $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:49 pm

It would be a less bitter pill (but not by much) if we were any good at T20.
But we can't even play that.

They are too conservative for T20 and too reckless for Test Cricket.
Does this make us ODI experts? Not so sure on that either.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Yep, sadly we've developed a generation of "batsmen" who just want to tee off on featherbed pitches and have no techniques for survival. It's going to take years, and far less emphasis on the truncated form of the game, to get back on track.

Unfortunately, I have no faith that Australian Cricket is heeding the warning signs, they are too blinded by $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Agree 110%.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu May 08, 2014 10:09 am

Scrappy wrote:
bigclock wrote:
Scrappy wrote:Interesting article of Ricky Ponting on the Indian cricket team
This following during and after the Indian tour were Australia outplayed them and won 4-0
A lot of the article directed at alleged protagonist Gautam Gambhir

" Gautam Gambhir swore there  would be instant revenge on Indias dustbowl decks in the current 4 day series."

" When some of their players left Australia last time they thought we served up some green spicy spicy wickets and they said 'you wait until you see what you get in our country' , Gambhir had said it."

" They are masters in those conditions, simple as that
The way they play and bowl spin
Even the way they use their quicks when the ball starts to reverse
Theyre hard to beat over there."

Ponting then goes on to bring up a point that I have to agree with

" The great pity we have at the moment is that you just dont face , with the Shield wickets the way they are , any spin, certainly under the sorts of conditions you face over there."

So what do we make of this ?
Both teams will doctor pitches to suit in the future ?
I have no problem with that

The problem the Indians have is that they then struggle to cope around the world
The Australians , it would be fair to say, adapt better in other parts of the world than the Indians for some time now
Its easier for Australian batters to adapt to the lower bounce around the world, than the Indian batters who have to adjust to the higher bounce

In the future, the way things are at present, Australia could easily  be the number one team in the world again for several years running
Whereas the Indians can never dominate for a few years or an era , unless they change the nature of their home pitches
The Indians can only expect isolated victories ?

Shocked Shocked  Embarassed  Embarassed  how do you come to that conclusion scrappy?

At present Australian cricketers should have the advantage of being able to adjust around the world better than Indias batsman
The present is not specifically dealing with the abilities of Australian and Indian Players
Its about the systematicals in place , and the decks provided , in both Australia and India
By virtuosity , Aussie batters can cope better in some other parts of the world , than the Indians

Thats why I mention the present , with whats in place , given better players in a regeneration of players, Australia can dominate in world cricket once again
I dont think India will ever dominate world cricket

Remember this post
Australia around 12 months later are now ranked number one in the world !
Sorry BIG Clock, could not resist  Wink 
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu May 08, 2014 10:12 am

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Yep, sadly we've developed a generation of "batsmen" who just want to tee off on featherbed pitches and have no techniques for survival.  It's going to take years, and far less emphasis on the truncated form of the game, to get back on track.

Hopefully this embarrasing post will get him back posting Wink
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu May 08, 2014 10:19 am

Don't think either of them will hear you!  Wink Wink 
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu May 08, 2014 10:28 am

I think we should start a concerted campaign to get BIG Clock and Adelaide Hawk posting again

After all, they both made me look good in this thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes , Australia is number 1 again
Knocked off some well rated teams at the time in England and South Africa.
Boof was the impetus that was needed , he deserves a lot of the credit

Sums up the Australian cricket system
Somehow can manage to recover quickly enough from poorness

To be number 1 in the world with the Australian population total is quite an effort
When you see the populations in India and England they, should in theory, produce more cricketers and better teams than Australia
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu May 08, 2014 10:57 am

Superb thread bump Scrappy.  Laughing 

Regarding Australia's recent form and fortune, I never in my wildest dreams though we could achieve what we did over the most recent summer, both at home and in SA.

I would rank it as possibly the most memorable Australian summer in my lifetime, simply because of the incredible turn around in form. It surpasses 2005/06 for me - that was a champion team and you expected them to fight back after the loss of the Ashes in 2005.

We expected nothing from this outfit and they delivered it all. The way Mitchell Johnson returned from the wilderness to decimate the English is one of the greatest fast bowling performances in cricketing history. Will make a great story to tell the kids and grandkids about in years to come.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu May 08, 2014 1:26 pm

If Viney could bump like Scrappy he would never have been suspended Very Happy 

This was a very enjoyable summer of cricket, hopefully many more to come
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri May 09, 2014 10:18 pm

maybe Australia improved our cricket because they were training on the field, in the nets (normal cricket training) rather than getting out the books & doing homework !!!!!
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4