Will Andy Collins continue at West Adelaide?

+15
oldfella
eartotheground
lachlan
Admin
Ben W
waddayamean
firstblood
bayman
Flag No.10
blacky
Lee
BloodnTars
Adelaide Hawk
Southee
Big Phil
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will Andy Collins continue at West Adelaide? Empty Will Andy Collins continue at West Adelaide?

Post by Big Phil Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:34 pm

Have read on another site that Andy Collins has advised West Adelaide players he will not be coaching the Bloods next year...

Will make it official with an announcement at the Best & Fairest presentation this evening...

EDIT - in light on nothing official mentioned at the B&F last night, will this decision still take place?

This will remain to be seen?

Last edited by Big Phil on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Will Andy Collins continue at West Adelaide? Empty Re: Will Andy Collins continue at West Adelaide?

Post by Southee Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Hello rubbers .... Come on down !
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Will Andy Collins continue at West Adelaide? Empty Re: Will Andy Collins continue at West Adelaide?

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Did Andy state his reasons for not continuing?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Spoke with Rubbers Sunday night and he said he had no attention to be a senior coach in the near future. He probably was toeing the line out of respect for Andy Collins but I did believe him.

Ben Watkins has done a fantastic job with the reserves or maybe Greg Mellor could be lured from his job with Richmond. Both could be strong candidates.

Would love to see Micky Godden come back to the bloods and coach us one day.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:47 pm

I think Micky Godden would do a great job for the Bloods BnT.

Smile

How many more years does he have at the Eagles??
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Wrong.

I was at the B & F tonight and Andy made no such announcement and certainly hasn't told the players any such thing.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:35 pm

got a bad postie big phil
would that site be the one that has a lot of tolls

Last edited by blacky on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Big Phil was only reporting incorrect information from elsewhere.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:55 pm

redandblack wrote:Big Phil was only reporting incorrect information from elsewhere.
and we all know who is elsewhere lol!
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:55 am

Have edited the original thread topic and my post accordingly...

Will Andy move on or continue in 2013?

That remains to be seen...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:09 am

Bloody trolls !!!

Evil or Very Mad

There seems to be a section of sanfl supporters that want him gone .

I personally like Collins .....I believe he is very passionate about the sanfl unlike some coaches out there ( name and addresses withheld !!! )
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:46 am

Southee wrote:There seems to be a section of sanfl supporters that want him gone .

And judging from talkback radio driving home from the Grand Final, a fair percentage of those would be West supporters.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:06 am

Can I suggest that it's not a great idea to start threads based on rumours on SAFooty.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:28 am

Why is there a rumour thread here then ?

Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 am

I don't have any problem with people raising questions on stories they may hear, but maybe posters should say if it's only something they've heard or if there's real substance.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:44 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:Can I suggest that it's not a great idea to start threads based on rumours on SAFooty.

i didn't realise they were still going, must be on life support by now
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:04 pm

bayman wrote:
Flag No.9 wrote:Can I suggest that it's not a great idea to start threads based on rumours on SAFooty.

i didn't realise they were still going, must be on life support by now

Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do” Very Happy Very Happy
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:35 pm

Southee wrote:Why is there a rumour thread here then ?

They're designated as rumours here, bit different to alleging them as facts.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:21 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:
Southee wrote:Why is there a rumour thread here then ?

They're designated as rumours here, bit different to alleging them as facts.

Yeah agree with that
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:37 pm

waddayamean wrote:Who is Dutchy ? Does he have any idea ?

Answers:

Question 1 ... an oxygen thief
Question 2 ... none, whatsoever.

On this "rumour" caper. A few years ago when I used to post on another forum, I was handed a very interesting piece of information from someone I thought would have known. I shared that information on the forum, and it turned out to be rubbish.

Even though I did state it was only a rumour, I copped hell for posting it.

My point is, once upon a time, when I heard stories from credible sources, I knew them to be true, These days, people just make stuff up, so I never know what to believe.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Its not all that hard for a rumour such as this about Andy Collins to gain some traction when one of the few facts available is that his contract is not automatically for next year and that he has an option on the extra year if he wants it, meaning that its very probable that he is indeed weighing up his options and looking at what his personal goals are going to be for the upcoming year. As I gather, its his call if he stays at the club or not.

Despite all the negatives about Andy Collins the blunt facts are that he has taken the club from bottom, rebuilt their list from the ground up and got them to the Grand Final, I think its unlikely that any executive board would sack him on that basis alone. If he did the extra year next year and the club went backwards thn its likely there would be some discussion, yet on the basis of one attempt at the GF, I do think him getting the sack is pretty unlikely irrespective of what some of the public think!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:26 am

Ben W wrote:I do think him getting the sack is pretty unlikely irrespective of what some of the public think!

Just to clarify, the title of the thread said Collins was going to quit, it said nothing about West Adelaide sacking him. I was guessing that perhaps he may have thought 5 years at West were enough, that maybe he thought he couldn't do any more, and it was time to return home, maybe accept an AFL assistant coaching role. All these things would be factored into a decision to stand down as coach.

But, as has been said, in the absence of any such statement, we shall assume Andy is still coaching West Adelaide in 2013.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next