A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Collingwood  Empty Re: Collingwood

Post by A Mum Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Okay - so did I miss something?
Can someone explain it to me in simple terms please...lol

I thought that Mick Malthouse was virtually 'given the flick' by Eddie/Collingwood.
And that Buckley was signed up originally as assistant coach to take over from Mick, which all appeared to happen.

Sooooo - why are (some) Collingwood supporters having an absolute fit about that fact that Malthouse has now gone to Carlton.

Is it just because it's Carlton - or is it because he's coaching at all?
I don't get it? Suspect
A Mum
A Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:50 pm

I suppose people outside of Victoria don't really understand but the rivalry between these two is massive - kind of like a Man United v Man City or Rangers v Celtic.

Regardless of what has been put in place, any Collingwood success heading over to Carlton kicks up a fuss and it's the same for the other way around.

I also think some Collingwood supporters would be nervous about this week's clash with West Coast. If they get bundled out, of course all the talk will be how they wouldn't have lost that match if they were still under Mick.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:51 pm

Its because the Collingwood fans are livid that Buckley, despite being a favorite son, is now their senior coach and that the plan instigated by Eddie ( the "succession plan" ) has gone so haorribly wrong that not only is Mick Malthouse no longer at Collingwood, but there is now a very clear rift between Mick and Eddie when is all honesty Mick should still be the senior coach, Buckley an assistant and everyone happy.

As it turns out Eddies admiration for Buckley and concern he ( Buckley ) may have been lost to another club as senior coach has cost Collingwood the services of Malthouse, perhaps a premiership in 2011 ( clearly Malthouse was not happy with the arrangement ) and Collingwood now have, in all reality, a rookie coach about to head into a period of "rebuild" at the club at the helm.

I'd not be happy if I was a Collingwood fan either. Eddie has stuffed it up for all of them and Mick is hell bent on making them pay.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Ahhh okay - so sort of like sour grapes perhaps - and maybe on both sides.

Well it would seem then that the first game where Carlton v Collingwood in 2013 could be a good one to watch..lol.
A Mum
A Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:02 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:I suppose people outside of Victoria don't really understand but the rivalry between these two is massive - kind of like a Man United v Man City or Rangers v Celtic.

Regardless of what has been put in place, any Collingwood success heading over to Carlton kicks up a fuss and it's the same for the other way around.

I also think some Collingwood supporters would be nervous about this week's clash with West Coast. If they get bundled out, of course all the talk will be how they wouldn't have lost that match if they were still under Mick.

Once every 20 years Sleep
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:42 pm

And it's comments like that that proves my point! Laughing
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal