BBL09

Go down

BBL09 Empty BBL09

Post by Lee Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:13 am

I've been watching this series of short boundaries, modern bats and often road pitches.

Watching the Strikers, you can come to a few conclusions:

Cameron White must have gone back home weeks ago.

Some of our fast bowlers are not the sharpest tools in the shed, headed up, of course, by Billy Stanlake.  Billy bowls fast, which in T20 is a big advantage (to the batsman).  Billy bowls erratically.  Billy can bowl some very good, non-wicket taking balls, but it only needs 1 bad ball per over to make it a poor over.  Billy bowls lots of bad balls.

I groaned last night when he decided to bowl around the wicket to Wade, a player in form who moves across the crease to open up the leg side.  Billy bowled a big wide outside leg, then Billy bowled a couple in the slot.  Billy didn't bowl again.  Billy's not likely to bowl again for the Strikers.

Wes Agar, apart from being an average fielder, has been bowling well, but gets smashed in the knee.  Courageously, but stupidly, Wes says he's OK to bowl a few overs later.  Wes hobbles in and gets pasted.  Not a good idea.

Everyone was calling for Salt to be dropped.  Nobody is saying that now.

Weatherald doesn't look mentally fit enough to play a long innings.

Rashid didn't bowl his 4 overs.  Looks to be bowling a shorter length this year.

That is all.

Wells is a good player.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum