Chances for 2020 - South Adelaide

3 posters

Go down

Chances for 2020 - South Adelaide Empty Chances for 2020 - South Adelaide

Post by Lee Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:56 am

The Panthers often seem to start the season well, then lack of depth tends to see them struggle at the business end. Last year, of course, they were shafted by AFL drafts. Can they recover?

Brad Crabb, who deserves recognition for his loyalty and getting the best out of himself for his club, is a loss and Nick Liddle is a big midfield loss. In terms of talent, Abe Davis is another big loss, but allegedly won't be missed at South. Mark Noble has gone to try to emulate his brother through Victoria. Emmanuel Irra also off the list.

So, some holes to fill, but the return of Keegan Brooksby gives the ruck a big boost. james Rose is a good pick up, but I suspect Matthew Broadbent might just give the Panthers the leadership and belief in defence they need. Ben Sawford had an averahe season last year, but will be looking to get back to his best.

Keep an eye out for Canberra recruit Tom Highmore. He was keenly pursued by several clubs and can play.

I reckon the Panthers will be finals bound.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Chances for 2020 - South Adelaide Empty Re: Chances for 2020 - South Adelaide

Post by blueandwhite Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:40 pm

A few outs will certainly be missed, although its probably fair to say Crabb and Liddle ,while being great players over the years ,are probably past their best. Davis will be missed however, especially on field...Noble and Irra will be easily replaced imo.
We have recruited well... Brooksby is all class and will be the best ruckman in the comp, again.Broadbent is all class and will make a big difference -Rose ,Highmore and Sawford are also excellent recruits. My only concern is that we need a couple of forwards to stand up and make a name for themselves.
I believe South will be finalists again, after missing out in 2019 because of external influences. Depending on injuries and AFL intervention, we should push for the elusive ultimate prize.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:14 am

Yeah I have a gut feeling that South might go close this year. Like all clubs they'll need some luck on the injury and draft fronts. Given how much footy Broadbent has missed in recent years you'd worry about him playing most games, but if he can he should be a huge inclusion and as B&W said, Brooksby is just elite at this level of footy. Should go alright the Panthers.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum