West v South round 11 Empty West v South round 11

Post by Thiele Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:22 pm

Sunday June 30
West Adelaide v South Adelaide | City Mazda Stadium | 2:10pm
Live broadcast on 1079 Life FM
Live stream via Digital Pass sanfldigitalpass.com.au
Live radio/scores/stats on the SANFL App | Live scores/stats at sanfl.com.au
WEST
West Adelaide has rushed back premiership captain Chris Schmidt for its contest against South Adelaide on Sunday.
Schmidt, who hasn’t played since Round 6 due to a knee injury, has been named on a five-man extended interchange bench together with fellow inclusion Dallas Willsmore.
Exciting goalsneaks Gibson Turner and Ken Karpany have returned to the starting 18 after being named inside the Bloods’ attacking 50m arc.
Tall utility Chol Majok was sent back to the Reserves while journeyman Nigel Osborn couldn’t be considered due to work commitments.
League
F: G. Turner, Beech, Wasley-Black
HF: Karpany, Hupfeld, Anderson
C: Batley, P. Fairlie, Waite
HB: J. Evans, Keough, Levicki
B: Hill, Ryan, Dunkin

R: Parrella, H. Haysman, K. Stevens
INT: Willsmore, B. Turner, Schmidt, Pillion, Kirk
IN: Karpany, Schmidt, Willsmore, G. Turner
OUT: Osborn (work), Majok
Reserves
Agostino, Cleeland, R. Stevens, Inglis, Gallaway, Lynch, Wooldridge, L. Evans, Majok, Caruso, S. Bentley, Laube, Noonan, Morrish, Gutsche, C. Fairlie, May, Nield, Moore, J. Bentley, G. Haysman.
Under-18
Pearce, Kelsh, O’Connor-Dawkins, Brauer, Westley, Stakic, Kelly, Gibson, Fielke, Sherlock, Morelli, Van den Berg, Nunan, Chamberlain, Nield, Laudato, Gilbert, De Cesare, Henty-Smith, Groom, Pederick, Bock, Sinderberry, Forbes, Smith, Boughen, Boylan.
SOUTH
South Adelaide is set to start veteran utility Alex Cailotto in defence against West on Sunday.
Cailotto, who was a revelation in the ruck against Norwood in Round 9, missed the Panthers’ win against Glenelg with a calf injury.
The 27-year-old has been named at centre-half back with exciting Reynella prospect Cam McGree to start in the ruck.
Dashing half-back Emmanuel Irra has also been included in the 23-man squad, with the former Power rookie named on a five-man extended interchange bench.
Irra, who had 22 disposals in the Reserves in Round 10, hasn’t played at League level since Round 6 while recovering from a quad strain.
League
F: Emery, Davis, Biemans
HF: Noble, Overall, Fitt
C: Sampson, Cross, Karpany
HB: Haines, Cailotto, Brown
B: Rose, Crabb, Summerton

R: McGree, Heaslip, Liddle
INT: Whittlesea, Schwarz, Irra, Loneragan, Bogle
IN: Irra, Cailotto
Reserves
Badger, Baker, Beenham, Coleman, Colwell, Davies, Elmes, Hoey, Juckers, Kappler, Kennedy, Lovering, Makoi, McKinnon, Milsom, Moffa, Snelling, Tucker, Whitbread, Wilkinson.
Under-18
F: Riddle, Ryan, Fitzgerald
HF: Oliver, Kernahan, Nye
C: Pope, Clifton, Coulthard
HB: Spacie, Douglass, Copley
B: Dumesny, Hindes, Kraemer
R: Williams, Lippett, Hamilton
INT: Brown, Strapps, Rogers, Rice, Inthavong, Sweetman, Little
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

West v South round 11 Empty Re: West v South round 11

Post by PhilH Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:58 am

West v South round 11 Rd_11_19
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:40 am

The game followed a familiar pattern to West supporters. A dominat first quarter of 18 inside 50's to 4, for a measly result of 2.2. We capitulated totally in the second quarter and the game meandered towards the inevitable win to South through the second half. Full credit to South.

For West, Patrick Levicki was good, Josh Ryan continues to be the most under-rated full back in the league and the defence battled hard. Jono Beech was the only forward target and battled well against multiple opponents.

West continue to suffer because of the SANFL decision to restrict their salary cap and also deduct transfer fees from that salary cap, along with being hard hit by the mid-season draft, where the 8th placed SANFL team loses its best 2 out of 3 players for no compensation. The same could equally be said for South.

Our competition is facing a dangerous time. West face a virtual AFL team next week at Alberton. I'll be there, showing support, but ..............

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:41 pm

I will be there for the league but wont make reserves STUPID programing
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:52 pm

South's Joel Cross remains eligible for the Magarey Medal after accepting a $200 fine for striking West's Errin Wasley-Black in yesterday's match at City Mazda Stadium.

I had the binoculars on both players at the time in the Life FM call and mentioned while it wasn't Joel's finest moment, a fine and/or reprimand was the most it warranted, and fortunately the MRP agreed.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:01 pm

C.K wrote:South's Joel Cross remains eligible for the Magarey Medal after accepting a $200 fine for striking West's Errin Wasley-Black in yesterday's match at City Mazda Stadium.

I had the binoculars on both players at the time in the Life FM call and mentioned while it wasn't Joel's finest moment, a fine and/or reprimand was the most it warranted, and fortunately the MRP agreed.

Joel has been sailing pretty close to the wind on a few occasions this season; out of the sheer frustration and unwarranted illegal attention he receives from his weekly antagonist. Generally it commences before the first bounce, often as he is leaving the team huddle on his way to the first bounce and continues all day. Time for the umps to grow a pair methinks.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum