Scrappy
Big Phil
blueandwhite
Chambo Off To Work We Go
bayman
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

South Adelaide 2019...all discussions  Empty South Adelaide 2019...all discussions

Post by bayman Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:14 pm

Can South get that elusive flag ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

South Adelaide 2019...all discussions  Empty Re: South Adelaide 2019...all discussions

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:44 am

If North can go bottom to top as West virtually did 3 years ago, then it shows anything is possible.

But South's crystal ball almost destines them to be side that never gets close enough to win one. Something always shoots a promising season in the foot.

I don't know, but starting at the top, how do South people rate the new coach 1 season under his belt?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

South Adelaide 2019...all discussions  Empty Re: South Adelaide 2019...all discussions

Post by blueandwhite Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:44 pm

Certainly I've rated Jarrods first season as a league coach very highly. At the beginning of the year I never entertained the idea that we would make the finals after losing so many players in the off season.Jarrod however put his faith in the young talent that the club is now beginning to produce, players such as Krueger, Fitt, Scuzt,and Coleman were thrown in at the deep end and all in my opinion did exceptionally well.
However our meek performance in the Elimination final' where we succumbed to Norths bullying and scrapping was a very disappointing end to the year. Whether or not the youngsters were overawed by it all or whether our senior players failed to fly the flag, or maybe both? it was bloody disappointing.Particularly after defeating Sturt, Norwood, The Eagles and North(twice) during the minor round. Some of our selections for that elim final were a little questionable as well.....but I guess hindsight is always 20/20.
2019, will bring a new set of challenges as well.. I'm told we will be losing 4 players to the afl- with Krueger gone to Geelong already, the others are Sampson, Sparrow and I'm told there is quite a bit of interest in Joe Haines as well. There will be a couple of retirements and a couple of departures as well, so it will be clear to any of the clubs juniors that there will be of positions up for grabs.
The club hopefully will join the majority of other sanfl clubs on the full salary cap after the sanfl imposed handicap of 50k, if this occurs we will be in the market for 3-4 pretty handy players. We will need someone to replace Krueger- a goal kicking forward; imo we need a a couple of big bodied mids who take no crap and perhaps a tall defender.
us died in the wool, rusted on Southies will be there again next year...another year and another year of optimism...after all 55 years is a long time...but recent years have seen us around the mark, and hopefully 2019 will be the year!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:03 pm

KEEGAN BROOKSBY
Off all the players departing from any SANFL club before the 2019 season , I reckon the Keegan Brooksby transfer to West Coast Eagles might well be the biggest loss of them all

From what I saw and heard , Keegan Brooksby  was simply outstanding in 2018, and perhaps the biggest reason why Southees improved so much last season
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:18 pm

Scrappy wrote:KEEGAN BROOKSBY
Off all the players departing from any SANFL club before the  2019 season  , I reckon the Keegan Brooksby transfer to West Coast Eagles might well be the biggest loss of them all

From what I saw and heard , Keegan Brooksby  was simply outstanding in 2018, and perhaps the biggest reason why Southees improved so much last season

Agreed, totally.

Big men don't grow on trees.

Quality people and your Captain are impossible to replace.

The Dogs will feel the same level of loss when Darcy Fort is drafted into the AFL system.

Very happy for both blokes personally that they get these opportunities.

Not very happy for what it means to their respective SANFL clubs.

Unfortunately that is the nature of the beast.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:56 am

INS
IRRA
VEIDE
EMERY

OUTS
BROOKSBY
HUNTER
IRRA, ROBERT
KRUGER
MOYLE
RAITT
RANKINE
REDIGOLO
SPARROW
SZUST
TARCA
TAYLOR

Keegan Brooskby[West Coast] almost irreplaceable
Nathan Kruger[Geelong] a big loss a very talented forward
Emmanuel Irra[Port]  is back
Jake Veide[ Mount Compass] is a genuine good SANFL footballer , it was a surprise that he played for Mt Compass
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by The G Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:48 pm

Brooksby is a big loss and the best Ruckman in the comp last season. Irra is handy and a couple of young players making their way in Overall and Fitt will help them.
The G
The G

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:31 pm

So far our losses far outweigh our gains..the silence from Noarlunga is deafening.. Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:15 pm

One of the most disappointing off seasons I can ever remember being a South supporter.

(so far anyway....)
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:24 pm

From an outsiders view, SA need to consolidate being a finals team. To often over the years they appear in the finals then drop out the following season. Easy said. I have seen some GSFL games. There are some very good players out there. Are South recruiting the wrong players or are match payments there too high to match for SA to get required players?
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:34 pm

Karpany coming to South?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:51 pm

goddy11 wrote:From an outsiders view, SA need to consolidate being a finals team. To often over the years they appear in the finals then drop out the following season. Easy said. I have seen some GSFL games. There are some very good players out there. Are South recruiting the wrong players or are match payments there too high to match for SA to get required players?

I think South are getting a bang for their buck out of the gsfl and sfl as far as juniors go, but until the last few years that certainly hasnt been the case. The gsfl and sfl hang on to their players very tightly and look after them very well financially. -its quite difficult to purchase a brown paper bag anywhere south of O'Halloran Hill these days - despite the sanfl "allegedly" cracking down on payments. Coupled with that is Souths parlous financial position which certainly has been its downfall when trying to retain players or attempt to outbid clubs like Norwood on a potential recruit.
We missed one potential recruit this year- who is allegedly a pretty handy player and ended up at another sanfl club- because he stated that Noarlunga was too far to travel.....even though we have players who commute from Grange.
I think we have the core of a good side but the loss of Brooksby is a massive blow and trying to secure a ruckman to replace him will be a difficult task- especially when there are 3-4 other sanfl clubs also looking for a ruckman.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:34 am

Scrunch wrote:Karpany coming to South?

Yes I heard that yesterday.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:40 pm

Yes Mal Karpany has been recruited by South Adelaide
His progression is Woodville West Torrens/ West Coast Eagles/ South Adelaide
Played 7 games of AFL

Is Mal Karpany related to West Adelaide player Kenny Karpany ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:13 am

Scrappy wrote:Yes Mal Karpany has been recruited by South Adelaide
His progression is Woodville West Torrens/ West Coast Eagles/ South Adelaide
Played 7 games of AFL

Is Mal Karpany related to West Adelaide player Kenny Karpany ?

Im pretty sure that Karpanny will be a handy acquisition... however he isnt 201cm and averaging 35 hit outs/ game...... Shocked
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:35 pm

Any truth that South May lose another big man to Southport? He’s currently playing in the NT so I’m told
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:56 am

bayman wrote:Any truth that South May lose another big man to Southport? He’s currently playing in the NT so I’m told

Well it will be disappointing if thats the case......at this stage it looks like Nick Liddle will be doing the ruck work... Shocked
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:49 am

Hickinbotham Oval to become Flinders University Stadium

http://sanfl.com.au/news/2018/12/12/high-five-for-south-and-flinders-university/

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:39 am

This is not to quibble on a positive thing for South. Good luck to their arrangement with Flinders.

But in these days of very tight Uni budgeting for courses, how does a Uni find the money for such sponsorship? And how do they rationalise this expenditure in terms of a return?
More students from South's zone? I am not so sure about that.
I would be interested to know the Uni's expectations of this deal.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:34 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:This is not to quibble on a positive thing for South. Good luck to their arrangement with Flinders.

But in these days of very tight Uni budgeting for courses, how does a Uni find the money for such sponsorship? And how do they rationalise this expenditure in terms of a return?
More students from South's zone? I am not so sure about that.
I would be interested to know the Uni's expectations of this deal.

Flinders Uni have been a major sponsor of South for 10 yrs. Whether or not that sponsorship continues I dont know but I would doubt it.
South have never got 1c out of Oval sponsorship prior to this arrangement commencing in 2019.
Flinders Uni have Physiotherapy, Sports science courses along with journalism and a few others that have benefitted from hands on experience at the club in those 10 years. It has been a great arrangement for both parties with a lot of South players preparing for careers away from footy by attending Flinders Uni.in this time.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:08 pm

Hickinbotham Oval
I wonder if any past England Test cricketers know about this oval ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:13 am

Weve recently recruited 2 talls from the VFL.. thankfully giving us at least one ruckman for 2019.I'm beginning to feel a little more confident than I was!
In other news the club is negotiating to lease out the upstairs function room- the Peter Darley room. Clearly this is being done for financial reasons. Sad to see perhaps one of the best vantage points to watch the SANFL disappear; particularly on a cold wintry Sunday afternoon.!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:51 am

IN
Jake Veide

OUT
Jake Veide

After re-joining the club, Jake Veide will now not be playing for South Adelaide this season
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Scrappy wrote:IN
Jake Veide

OUT
Jake Veide

After re-joining the club, Jake Veide will now not be playing for South Adelaide this season

Did he sign a contract and if yes what is it really worth?
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:26 am

goddy11 wrote:
Scrappy wrote:IN
Jake Veide

OUT
Jake Veide

Did he sign a contract and if yes what is it really worth?

He's returned to the Cockledivers I believe,where he played his junior footy. Sad to see him go, still had a bit to offer.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next