Adelaide Hawk
Brucetiki
Sabre
howthewestwaswon
Lee
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 3 - Norwood and Eagles at Norwood Empty Round 3 - Norwood and Eagles at Norwood

Post by Lee Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:32 am

The Eagles would be a hot favourite to start the season at 0-2 after meeting a confident Norwood outfit on their home ground.

They worked out Norwood's game plan in the 2011 finals.

Can they do that again>
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Norwood and Eagles at Norwood Empty Re: Round 3 - Norwood and Eagles at Norwood

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:06 am

Norwood at home by 15-25 points.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Norwood and Eagles at Norwood Empty Re: Round 3 - Norwood and Eagles at Norwood

Post by Sabre Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:41 am

Round 3 - Norwood and Eagles at Norwood 1920501681
Can’t wait for this game! Any chance of playing it tonight? Just so pumped after Saturday night and so proud of the club for coming away from Elizabeth with wins in all 4 grades to start the year. To do it again against the Eagles would see record sales of sedatives at Parade pharmacies!

It’s a big ask, but just the delicious possibility of doing it again has me wondering what the record is for the number of rounds where a club has won in all 4 grades from the start of the season? I think it’s pretty safe to say that no club has ever gone the entire season undefeated in all grades.

Maybe ‘Spelly’ or some of our other resident ‘statsmen’ could answer that one.

Cheers,
Sabre.
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:09 am

Sabre wrote: Round 3 - Norwood and Eagles at Norwood 1920501681
Can’t wait for this game! Any chance of playing it tonight? Just so pumped after Saturday night and so proud of the club for coming away from Elizabeth with wins in all 4 grades to start the year. To do it again against the Eagles would see record sales of sedatives at Parade pharmacies!

It’s a big ask, but just the delicious possibility of doing it again has me wondering what the record is for the number of rounds where a club has won in all 4 grades from the start of the season? I think it’s pretty safe to say that no club has ever gone the entire season undefeated in all grades.

Maybe ‘Spelly’ or some of our other resident ‘statsmen’ could answer that one.

Cheers,
Sabre.

As no side has ever won the 'Grand Slam' of premierships (closest would be the Eagles winning the reserves, u/19's and u/17's in 2000 and Centrals winning the league, reserves and u/19's in 2003), it would be safe to say no side has gone through the season undefeated in all 4 grades.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Thanks ‘Bruce’.
That still leaves the question …
“What is the record for most wins in a row in all grades from the start of the season?”
There must be a few clubs that have racked up a few magical weeks.

Sabre
Sabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Getting a bit carried away Sabre? We've won 1 in all grades so far Smile
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:03 pm

Not at all 'Hawky', I'm just interested in who has been lucky enough to do it and how
many rounds they got into the season before they had a loss in one of the grades.
Sabre
Sabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Junior2007 Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:43 pm

If only you're Legs were as pumped last September/October Sabre, rather than March/April.

For the record, Eagles won League, Reserves, u/17's in 1993 and were in the GF of the u/19's the same year... which is the closest to a Grand Slam as any team has got. As Bruce said, were also in the GF of all grades in 2000 winning each except the league.
Junior2007
Junior2007

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:06 pm

Rolling Eyes
I’ll try again, the question is:

“Which club has gone farthest into a season without losing a game in any grade ?”

Nothing to do with Norwood. We could lose in all grades this week.
It's only because we happened to win all 4 grades in our first week
that it got me wondering who holds the record for going the furthest.
Surely that's not too hard to work out. Give me strength. Laughing

Sabre
Sabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Yeh, I know what you meant. It's a job for Spell Check.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:46 pm

I wonder if Glenelg in recent seasons have managed to pull it off? They've had a good league side in recent seasons (except last year) and have been very strong in the 2's and 3's.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:36 pm

The size of the Magpies win over the Eagles in round 1 shell-shocked a lot of us.
I doubt the WWT psyche was damaged too much though and they’ve had a week to regroup.
My heart says Legs and I never listen to my brain, so it’s Norwood at home for me.

Sabre
Sabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbafet Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Norwood cock-a-hoop after last week and the Eagles needing to get their season up and running. Eagles by less than 10 points, just to keep the comp interesting
Bobbafet
Bobbafet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:06 pm

We've really stuggled with the Eagles on our home turf, 2 wins & 11 losses since 2000. Then again, up to last week we hadn't won at Elizabeth since 2003. I'll wait for the teams before making a call.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Eagles to bounce back for mine in a nailbiter

how often have you heard someone call the umpire a clown ?

i believe Ronald Macdonald has been considered & likely to do the reserves match, can someone post photos on saturday to verify this please

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:30 pm

bayman wrote:i believe Ronald Macdonald has been considered & likely to do the reserves match, can someone post photos on saturday to verify this please
Can I have fries with that game?
Sabre
Sabre

Back to top Go down

Post by LEH Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:19 pm

Eagles were poor 2 weeks ago & by all reports Legs were very good vs Dogs.

IMHO Godden has managed to out-coach Bassett over the past 2 seasons - I haven't rated Bassett's Game Plan (too Ross Lyonesk re: St. Kilda for my liking). This has played into Godden's hands because he has had the luxury of playing Luke Jarrad off the Half Back Line, this has 'freed up' McKenzie to play the 'Quarterback' type role between FB & CHB. As a result, the quick running Midfielders of the Eagles have managed to 'run past' Grocke @ CHF.

I assume that Bassett has learned this - if he has, Norwood for mine... if he hasn't, then you can expect the Eagles to continue their dominance over the Legs. I feel strongly that Bassett is under pressure this year, Norwood need to 'take the next step' for him to 'keep the wolves from his door' IMHO - I think they will BTW, provided the Game Plan improves. He must grasp the concept that 'away goals' don't count for double in this sport ( i.e. a low scoring game plan, 'choking' the opposition, is fraught with danger, ask St. Kilda)

Having said all that, I've picked Norwood.

I think the Eagles will miss Cicca & I also think it's going to take a while for them to 'gel' this year.

Having looked @ the draw, I hope not TOO long because I can foresee them even 2 - 6 after 8 rounds, I'm hoping for @ least 4 - 4.
That said, I believe this season will be very close between 6 or 7 teams (I don't expect Sturt or Glenelg to challenge - yes, I am prepared for grief should I be wrong). I like Port, South & West to improve but their test will again come via their FOXTEL Cup commitments.

This game? Norwood by 28 points Crying or Very sad
LEH
LEH

Teams : FulhamFC, WWTFC, Wests Tigers, NEC Njimegen

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:20 pm

c'mon LEH, ''wolves at his door'' give me a break they couldn't win a game until he took over & got them to a grand final & then the preliminary final after he lost some very good players, i'd suggest your stirring the pot or have a lot less idea about footy than i give you credit for
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by LEH Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:30 am

Guilty Cool ... perhaps a little stirring of the pot but,

I would suggest if they don't perform, one A. McLeod may be in mix for a promotion.
LEH
LEH

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:08 am

LEH wrote:Guilty Cool ... perhaps a little stirring of the pot but,

I would suggest if they don't perform, one A. McLeod may be in mix for a promotion.

There is nothing of that magnitude going on at Norwood. Andrew McLeod was named as Assistant Coach for 2012 to see how he handles the coaching role. Should Bassett move on in 2013, it would give Andrew a foot in the door. Certainly at this point in time, Bassett will coach Norwood for the entire 2012.

Having said that, my own feelings, as well as some others in the club, is that we are rather concerned that Bassett is continuing with the same game plan that let us down so badly in 2011. Only time will tell if Bassett has it right, but he is the man in charge, not me.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by topsywaldron Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:21 am

LEH wrote:IMHO Godden has managed to out-coach Bassett over the past 2 seasons.. then you can expect the Eagles to continue their dominance over the Legs.

How quickly you've forgotten the 2010 Preliminary Final.
topsywaldron
topsywaldron

Back to top Go down

Post by LEH Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:24 am

Don't think that was his coaching per say... more like the quality of the players in the team.
I recall a certain 'tall forward with long hair' dominating the last 1/4 (kicked 3 from memory), don't think that was actually the 'game plan'.
LEH
LEH

Back to top Go down

Post by Junior2007 Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:42 am

I remember the 2010 Prelim very well... Jarrad Redden, Trent Hentschel, Scott Welsh, Leigh Treeby, and Scott Lewis all missing from the week before, and the Eagles still found themselves 6 goals up in the 3rd quarter. Then after losing Grocke for most of the second half it was a genuine case of running out of legs... Norwood's lucky win had nothing to do with game plan or coach. Plus they didn't get the job done the week after.

Michael Godden and the Eagles learnt from the experience and (except that first final) dominated Norwood in 2011... and DID get the job done in the GF.

That's a great coach and great team acheiving the ultimate.

Bassett and Norwood still have much to prove.
Junior2007
Junior2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:07 pm

A good game plan is all well and good. And it can bring success.
But once sides have worked it out, perhaps you don't persist with it.

Maybe ask Luke Norman about that as it gave us a shot at a flag in '09 but sides worked it out and his persistence with it was his undoing in the end.

How that relates to Nathan Bassett's game plan, I can't say.
However, he ought to consider other options rather than persist with something if isn't working so well.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Eagles team:

FF Lewis Bock Fairclough

HF Knights Grocke Staple

C Jarrad McKenzie Hall

HB Thompson Day Shirley

FB Raymond Grieger Giuffreda

Ruck Parry Powell Goldsworthy

Interchange Rae Joyce Sumner
Fitzgerald Rowntree

Ins Fairclough Rae Sumner
Rowntree
Outs Toumpas Cicolella (susp.) Eddy
Kane (Susp.)
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum