Flag No.10
goddy11
10 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

This site Empty Re: This site

Post by Flag No.10 Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:27 am

"The site needs a bit more allowing some banter and not so much sensitivity ."

There's 3 pages of 'banter' between bayman and mickyj and no signs of any bans there.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:03 pm

Sites also need participants that play by site rules, not their own
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:41 am

SS1, not quite right when you suggest that this site was set up for competition with SA Footy.

My recolection is that it was set up as an alternative to discuss football because at that time the other excelent site had more than one posters that were rather aggressive and abusive and would attack anything anyone posted with little moderation. This lead to many posters not feeling comfortable in posting on that site

This is the reason for fair but firm action by moderators on this site which is totaly consistent with the origions of the site.
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:11 pm

oldfella wrote:SS1, not quite right when you suggest that this site was set up for competition with SA Footy.

My recolection is that it was set up as an alternative to discuss football because at that time the other excelent site had more than one posters that were rather aggressive and abusive and would attack anything anyone posted with little moderation. This lead to many posters not feeling comfortable in posting on that site

This is the reason for fair but firm action by moderators on this site which is totaly consistent with the origions of the site.

Not sure of the origins of the site but it does get some good responses. I actually think seaside1 has come in a few times trying to get a response which he has. Seaside1has been a contributor for just over a month and already setting an agenda for the site. I think he has targeted Mickyj often even though Mickyj probably needs to proof read his post to a lot more thoroughly to make sure they make sense.
The simple answer to anyone not agreeing to a comment is correct the comment or just ignore.

I actually enjoy reading other members views on how their clubs are going.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:37 pm

Exactly right oldfella.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:35 pm

goddy11 wrote:
oldfella wrote:SS1, not quite right when you suggest that this site was set up for competition with SA Footy.

Not sure of the origins of the site but it does get some good responses. I actually think seaside1 has come in a few times trying to get a response which he has. Seaside1has been a contributor for just over a month and already setting an agenda for the site.   I think he has targeted Mickyj often even though Mickyj probably needs to proof read his post to a lot more thoroughly to make sure they make sense.  
The simple answer to anyone not agreeing to a comment is correct the comment or just ignore.

I actually enjoy reading other members views on how their clubs are going.

Yes I do and my iPhone spell checker seems to have a mind of its own.
Hopefully what I wrote just made sense .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:37 pm

Sounds correct to me . Or should I say what you've written in this post seems correct .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:53 pm

goddy11 wrote: Seaside1has been a contributor for just over a month and already setting an agenda for the site.   I think he has targeted Mickyj

Multiple agendas for such a new user, whaddayamean? It's a tiresome routine
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:56 pm

Seaside, this is the 4th or 5th alias you've had. We've been more than patient with you.

Rather than criticise this site, you might consider getting help for your attitude towards others.

And don't ask me 'waddayamean'.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Footysa troll
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:08 pm

Why do we think you're Waddayamean?

Perhaps it's because you and your aliases all post from the same IP address.

Given that, and your need to carry on like a pork chop, you can have another long holiday.

Bye.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:34 am

Good response
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:36 pm

I know I'm no angel and have issues stopping myself replying when people go after me .
But what's this guys point ?
Complaining about West fans running this page .
Ok I'll stop
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:55 pm

Lee wrote:Why do we think you're Waddayamean?

Perhaps it's because you and your aliases all post from the same IP address.

Given that, and your need to carry on like a pork chop, you can have another long holiday.

Bye.

Persistent little bugger isn't he!
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:18 pm

mickyj wrote:I know I'm no angel and have issues stopping myself replying when people go after me .
Ok I'll stop

Thats it mickyj ---- your banned for 5 minutes
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:44 pm

oldfella wrote:
mickyj wrote:I know I'm no angel and have issues stopping myself replying when people go after me .
Ok I'll stop

Thats it mickyj ---- your banned for 5 minutes
Lol bugger I'm.banned
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:54 pm

To put things in perspective, this site has been going for six and a half years and despite some early problems from trolls who wandered across into our domain from elsewhere, it has largely fulfilled its goal to foster reasonable debate on a range of sporting and other topics..

To my knowledge in the last 3 years there has only been 1 member banned (under various guises) and although members occasionally get hot under the collar about something, I don't think there has been anyone else close to being banned.

Occasionally posts get moderated (mainly so the site doesn't get sued) and very occasionally someone might have a gentle fireside chat with admin.

Given that we are a small (essentially SA) footy loving fraternity, I am sure we grow accustomed to each other and the type of things we have to say.

It is frustrating that one individual seems think that provoking other posters in a rolling feast of whomever will bite, feels the need to derail the discussion.

But in my opinion, we all play reasonably nicely in the TFSA sand pit and it is very rare that someone has their firetruck thrown away.

So SS1 please take your firetruck somewhere else, it is getting tiresome constantly trying to keep the peace with you.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum