Thiele
bayman
PhilH
Bundy
Brucetiki
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 11: Eagles v West - Saturday 16 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 11: Eagles v West - Saturday 16 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:36 pm

Eagles v West
Saturday 16 June
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

Just under 3 years ago, this was a Grand Final match up. This is probably the closest these two sides have been to each other since. Who will win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Eagles v West - Saturday 16 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 11: Eagles v West - Saturday 16 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Bundy Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Bloods to win by 24pts
Bundy
Bundy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Eagles v West - Saturday 16 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 11: Eagles v West - Saturday 16 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:22 pm

Our chances will probably depend on the fitness of a couple of important players, but we're playing well enough to win.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:21 pm

I'm hoping the Eagles win
And waiting to see who are in and out seeing Poole is suspended
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:52 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:Our chances will probably depend on the fitness of a couple of important players, but we're playing well enough to win.
Plus Izak Rankine named in Under 18
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Once I can copy the Eagles team ill stick it up
Borholm in the seconds Seb kept his place
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:24 pm

EAGLES

League

Forgotten Eagles midfielder Jake Comitogianni could play his first Macca’s League game of the season against West on Saturday.

The ball magnet has been named on a four-man extended interchange bench with fellow inclusion Jack Firns, who has recovered from a shoulder injury.

The pair are in contention to replace Angus Poole, who will miss one match after accepting an early guilty plea for laying a rough tackle against the Crows in Round 10.

F: Johansen, N. Hayes, Haylock

HF: Rowe, J. Hayes, Gray

C: Rowland, Lewis, Hall

HB: Westbrook, Thompson, Goldsworthy

B: Giuffreda, Von Bertouch, Stewart

R: Redden, Sharrad, Boyd

INT: Guilhaus, Lee, Comitogianni, Firns

IN: Firns, Comitogianni

OUT: Poole (suspension)

Reserves
McLeod, Cook, Hawkins, Sibley, Minney, Weidemann, Schmusch, X.Redden, Martin, C.Gaffney, E.Miller, J.Miller, Moore, Wehr, Mead, McKay, Heinjus, Wood, Bruce, Borholm, J.Gaffney.

Under-18
F: Pratico, Coff, Thompson
HF: Friend, Armfield, Francis
C: Burgoyne, Pudney, Beecken
HB: Smith, McNeilly, Hawkins
B: Williams, Carter, Tape

R: Michael, Bailey, McNeil
INT: Drewer, Firns, Fuller-Klemasz, Jackson, Nicholas, Pearce, Pratico, Tiller
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:29 pm

West Adelaide has regained a goalsneak in timely fashion for the clash with the Eagles on Saturday.
Former Geelong rookie Zac Bates have overcome a minor hip injury to be named on a five-man interchange bench.
His presence could be crucial given the Bloods will be without livewire Izak Rankine, who will play for the McDonald’s SA U18 team on Sunday.
Murray Waite and Dustin Head have also joined Bates in the 23-man squad after spending last round in the Reserves.

F: B. Turner, Beech, Karpany
HF: Anderson, Middleton, Green
C: Batley, Stevens, Noble
HB: Porplyzia, Burgess, Hill
B: Agostino, Wilson, J. Ryan

R: Parrella, Keough, Schiller
INT: Head, Bates, Wasley-Black, J. Evans, Waite
IN: Bates, Waite, Head
OUT: Rankine (McDonald’s SA U18)
Reserves
Hupfeld, Pillion, Peter, McPherson, L. Ryan, Kirk, Heitmann, L. Evans, I. Johnson, Dunkin, Majok, Holliday, O. Johnson, G. Turner, Noonan, Osborn, Halkias, Miller, Fairlie, Lynch, Gutsche.
Under-18
Caruso, Dalgleish, Haysman, Gutsche, Gilbert, Horstmann, Earl, Hannagan, Milde, Heitmann, Morelli, Boylan, Neumann, Nunan, Westley, Hocking, Chamberlain, Tuckwell, Kent, Kennedy, Tierney, Wulff.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:30 pm

U/18s playing for the Jake Watson Cup
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by goddy11 Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:04 pm

As an Eagles supporter I am worried about his game. I watched the digital replay of westies and they are a good side. I will take a win of any size.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:51 pm

People are writing off The bloods,but i am tipping us to still make the five.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:11 pm

Round 11: Eagles v West - Saturday 16 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Rd_11_10
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:03 pm

For mine this is the hardest to pick for the round. Eagles favourite yes, but Bloods have been competitive against good teams, keep that up and it is only a matter of time they get rewarded.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:01 pm

At least we shouldn't have any reverse decisions in front of goal this week.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:11 am

Thiele wrote:At least we shouldn't have any reverse decisions in front of goal this week.
That goes for both teams Thiele
But it hurt your guys more than my guys last week

Go Eagles !!!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Weather conditions not great today my umbrella committed suicide in the wind and rain coming horizontal.
Eagles great win
West looking at the stats more kicks more frees more marks more tackles more rebounds
West didn't use the wind well first quarter
Third quarter Eagles kicked goals into the wind
Fourth term Eagles locked the ball in their forward line.

Crowd looked bad any figures
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:51 am

Seaside1 wrote:Woodville Oval would have to be close to the worst in the SANFL . That centre square get boggy very quickly.
Cricket pitch is a worry, After the rains of the last few days I am not suprised. To me it looked better than I thought considering a game played on it earlier. I suppose Prospect may have the same issues. Not sure if any other clubs have cricket piches.

goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:17 am

Was good to hear the older Eagles players being like generals . I can't write the words that Boyd used but they worked . And Stewart using different words was just as effective .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:43 am

goddy11 wrote:
Seaside1 wrote:Woodville Oval would have to be close to the worst in the SANFL . That centre square get boggy very quickly.
Cricket pitch is a worry, After the rains of the last few days I am not suprised. To me it looked better than I thought considering a game played on it earlier. I suppose  Prospect may have the same issues. Not sure if any other clubs have cricket piches.

Glenelg & Unley have cricket pitches as well......all grounds have better drainage than they used too hence we don’t see the mud heaps we used to see & im not so sure this is a good thing, I say that because with harder surfaces we seem to have more players with bad knee injuries than years ago, obviously at the start of the season the pitches are as hard as a rock with no give in them whatsoever
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:38 pm

bayman wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Cricket pitch is a worry, After the rains of the last few days I am not suprised. To me it looked better than I thought considering a game played on it earlier. I suppose  Prospect may have the same issues. Not sure if any other clubs have cricket piches.

Glenelg & Unley have cricket pitches as well......all grounds have better drainage than they used too hence we don’t see the mud heaps we used to see & im not so sure this is a good thing, I say that because with harder surfaces we seem to have more players with bad knee injuries than years ago, obviously at the start of the season the pitches are as hard as a rock with no give in them whatsoever
From where I sat in the cricket club I did not see the centre being much of an issue. Seaside must be stirring a bit. I was trying to watch the replay to get a camera perspective but yesterdays games are missing on digital. I forgot about Glenelg and did not realise Unley had a pitch.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:46 pm

goddy11 wrote:
bayman wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

From where I sat in the cricket club I did not see the centre being much of an issue. Seaside must be stirring a bit. I was trying to watch the replay to get a camera perspective but yesterdays games are missing on digital. I forgot about Glenelg and did not realise Unley had a pitch.

Seeing I am a next door neighbour to westies not going to upset my neighbours lol
West dont have the cricket pitch I know every night they have training or junior matches .
Yes yesterday there was mud plus horizontal rain
Rain made the ground worse on the day and
Boyds long jumper made him looked inked Up with mud
Unlike Goddy11 I was in the weather pre seconds game to the final siren of the league no offence Goddy
What I was trying to say perhaps West training on their home ground longer on an oval without cricket while it's great might not work in their favour in Winter on grounds with pitches .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum