Suspended player allowed to play in a sanctioned game

4 posters

Go down

Suspended player allowed to play in a sanctioned game Empty Suspended player allowed to play in a sanctioned game

Post by oldfella Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Nothing against Izac Rankine nor do i cast any comment or aspersion against him or his character

I have been told that this payer presently undertaking a 3 game sanfl suspension is or has played in an afl afl sanctioned international? game.as part of the australian team.

If true how can this happen

What a farce if true

Last edited by oldfella on Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
oldfella
oldfella

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Suspended player allowed to play in a sanctioned game Empty Re: Suspended player allowed to play in a sanctioned game

Post by oldfella Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:53 pm

Just read laws of game so (if information is true) seems an exemption to allow this sitution was granted -- i would like to know who and why, what was the justification

19.4.4 Effect of Suspension
(a) Unless Laws 19.4.4 (d) or 19.4.4 (e) apply, a Player or Official  suspended by a Controlling Body is, for the period of the  suspension, or while the suspension remains unserved, prohibited  from playing or participating in a Match conducted by the  Controlling Body imposing the suspension and a Match conducted  by any other Controlling Body.
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Suspended player allowed to play in a sanctioned game Empty Re: Suspended player allowed to play in a sanctioned game

Post by Big Phil Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:18 pm

It was not an international game.

It was the AIS Academy Team playing in their annual clash against a VFL club.

Today's clash was against the new North Melbourne VFL side.

For the record, the AIS side won comfortably.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-07/three-no1-pick-fancies-shine-against-vfl-roos
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:10 pm

Thanks mate i have also been advised by one who i trust that the lad did not play rather was over there for interview purposes. Not consistent with first up information i was given and based above on
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Rankine didn't play.

But yeah, can't help but feel it'd be better that these players represent their actual SANFL club at every opportunity as opposed to playing in these odd 'games'.
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:27 am

Izak served part of his suspension yesterday by not playing against North Melbourne
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum