State Football

5 posters

Go down

State Football Empty State Football

Post by Big Phil Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:04 pm

This is quite interesting...

https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/wafl-set-to-cut-home-and-away-games-in-2018-ng-b88578846z

The WAFL is negotiating with the SANFL, where former East Fremantle chief executive Adam Kelly is general manager, to hold an annual State clash for the Haydn Bunton Cup.

Victoria, Tasmania and the NEAFL have withdrawn from interstate football, meaning the country’s two strongest State leagues have little option but to play each other regularly if they want to maintain their historic links.

Victoria pulled out of the interstate round robin this season in the aftermath of being thrashed by the Black Swans, who won in the Melbourne for the first time in 22 meetings spread over 113 years.

WA beat South Australia at Lathlain Park in 2015 and lost a tight encounter at Glenelg in their last trip to Adelaide in 2012.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

State Football Empty Re: State Football

Post by bayman Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:52 pm

Vics running scared & obviously do not want to be seen as the second, third or dare I say it the fourth best state league in the land....if these matches go ahead they should promote it as the battle of the best state league in the land
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:21 am

All for annual SANFL v WAFL matches if the Vics are too scared to play these games any more.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Sounds good to me. The Vics can go play on their own dung heap.
I think an annual state match is great
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:43 pm

This game could be a potential curtain raiser to a Showdown - what a farce if this is the case.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/2018-wafl-fixture-night-wafl-back-at-subiaco-oval-ng-b88692598z

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:29 pm

Brucetiki wrote:This game could be a potential curtain raiser to a Showdown - what a farce if this is the case.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/2018-wafl-fixture-night-wafl-back-at-subiaco-oval-ng-b88692598z
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum