The NBN

4 posters

Go down

The NBN  Empty The NBN

Post by firstblood Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:22 pm

Just received a call from Telstra advising me that my Internet will have to be upgraded to the NBN by May 2018. I had a long chat with a nice girl calling from Brisbane and i explained that i was happy with my current cable plan and hoped the speed, amount of downloads is not less than what i have now and i don't want it costing any more than my current plan.
She said that as i already have a cable box on my house all they need is a technician to come out and adjust the outside cable box so it's NBN compatible as well as supplying a new modem.
I asked at what cost? She said nothing, a new modem will be provided for free. Nothing will change as far as my current plan goes.

Anyone here on the NBN yet and with which provider? Any problems? Pricing or speeds ok?
firstblood
firstblood

My club : west

Back to top Go down

The NBN  Empty Re: The NBN

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:01 pm

In my experience at work, it has not been as simple as they all have said. We went to Internode and had a couple of others quote and it was certainly not a seamless process for us.

Do you have a "back to base" monitored alarm?
If so, you will need another box/interface/thingy to allow the monitoring. Maybe your cable box will work. Dunno.

We also needed to get another box to allow our IT people to access the server remotely.

Haven't noticed any speed increase. I didn't think it was bad with ADSL2. But it has been fine since it all got sorted out.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:00 pm

I have the originally envisaged NBN Fibre to the home; I am not a computer guy, but it works well.. Fox sport (free), movies, 3 or 4 "devices" and 37/42 download thingy/whatevers !! (I am in Adelaide South)
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:02 pm

Still at least 18to 24 months away so have gone wireless
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down